The Great Jim Benning Debate! (And personal insult thread)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Great Jim Benning Debate!

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey drafting is changing quickly now and you just simply have to have eyes everywhere, particularly in Sweden, Finland and even Switzerland, Denmark, etc. Those country's development is improving drastically as they are able to get more money from their governments for amateur sports. Available monies are dwindling in North America in that regard.
And I mean look deep.
All rounds can turn out to be important and ownership has to be willing to give JB all the recourses to put people in the right places...
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Arachnid ( or is it Doc? ) is clearly trolling.

You have clearly lost your mind Blobert.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Oh no, here he comes, like clockwork - Blobbys Wingman.
And there he goes, dodging questions and de-railing threads.
Tanev - The UVIC Profs' Legacy. Blobby Itchy and IN Scratchy will make sure you damn well never forget that.
I'd say his legacy is icing the best team this franchise has ever had. But no worries, Benning is a genius and we will soon be transitioning to a better team in the next 2-3 years.
Shhhhh don't tell the tards that the teams BEST FOUR young players ( ie 26 and under) were acquired by Eye Bags. Tanev- teams best d man by far, Markstrom the teams best goalie, Horvat # 3 forward behind the twins and Hutton who is a # 4 d man on the team at worst and miles ahead of Sbisa - a prized Elmer acquisition.

Ignitowski has brought in exactly one young guy who has sort of proven he can play at this level in Baertschi. He force fed a group of kids ice time who may or may not turn out to be NHL players. I have hopes for some like Virtanen, McCann and the Russians. Etem ...... Might be a decent bottom sixer. Vey, Sbisa and Granlund are downright terrible players. Waste of picks/assets to acquire these shitty players.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I have hopes for some like Virtanen, McCann and the Russians. Etem ...... Might be a decent bottom sixer.
LoL all the hatred towards benning, and you lay this nugget for a cop out down the road.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What cop out are you yammering about? I said I have hope for those players, how the fuck is that a cop out?Do you even know what a cop out is ? Virtanen , Trymakin and McCann were all shoehorned on to the team. I like the look of all three guys but none of them contributed much this season, not like Markstrom, Horvat, Hutton and Tanev who were four of the teams best players . Get your fucking head out of the dudes ass.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

No question MG, in his last year, began to acquire better prospects. The four mentioned by Blob are certainly part of our new core. Benning has had, on paper, two very strong drafts and will in all likelihood have another this year.

There is a lot of hope in the players he has drafted and for good reason but it needs to play out. I like his acquisitions of Baertschi, Etem and Granlund. The latter two will have next season to show they belong. He's also picked up Larson and Stecher, signed Rodin, traded for Pedan. A lot of hope riding on those guys turning out.

Gillis was not all bad. He inherited a team ready to take the next step so how he managed was dictated by that. If Benning inherited the same team at the same stage he would be managing the same way Gillis did. Gillis just could never retool on the fly.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What cop out are you yammering about? I said I have hope for those players, how the fuck is that a cop out?Do you even know what a cop out is ? Virtanen , Trymakin and McCann were all shoehorned on to the team. I like the look of all three guys but none of them contributed much this season, not like Markstrom, Horvat, Hutton and Tanev who were four of the teams best players . Get your fucking head out of the dudes ass.
it's all blabbering on benning sucks at this, sucks at that, gillis players rocks, but I got hope for these guys.

Jesus christ, you're like a fucking whiny asshole that just loves to hate, holy shit bruh.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:What cop out are you yammering about? I said I have hope for those players, how the fuck is that a cop out?Do you even know what a cop out is ? Virtanen , Trymakin and McCann were all shoehorned on to the team. I like the look of all three guys but none of them contributed much this season, not like Markstrom, Horvat, Hutton and Tanev who were four of the teams best players . Get your fucking head out of the dudes ass.
it's all blabbering on benning sucks at this, sucks at that, gillis players rocks, but I got hope for these guys.

Jesus christ, you're like a fucking whiny asshole that just loves to hate, holy shit bruh.
And you buuuleeve it all skyo?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That's just it. Skyo has LOVED every move Benning has made.He and the others can't be objective or at all critical about a fucking thing. I used to be fairly moderate about the current management group until the Benning nut licking got way out of control.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:That's just it. Skyo has LOVED every move Benning has made.He and the others can't be objective or at all critical about a fucking thing. I used to be fairly moderate about the current management group until the Benning nut licking got way out of control.
And you buuuleeve it all blob???
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Rats a I just find it a tad hypocritical that some posters can wax on about every single move Jim Benning makes as a great transaction.Yet when I trash the brutal moves they call me a troll or whatever. I'm a big boy and don't care but if I keep rolling my eyes like this they'll roll right out of my dome. It's impossible to engage in decent discussion with some of these guys who all used to be good, open minded posters. Oh well we are all bored so we may as well kick the fuck out of each other . :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Rats a I just find it a tad hypocritical that some posters can wax on about every single move Jim Benning makes as a great transaction.Yet when I trash the brutal moves they call me a troll or whatever. I'm a big boy and don't care but if I keep rolling my eyes like this they'll roll right out of my dome. It's impossible to engage in decent discussion with some of these guys who all used to be good, open minded posters. Oh well we are all bored so we may as well kick the fuck out of each other . :lol:
Back in the day there were 5 best friends. We used to drink beer and smoke pot in my parents basement. Alcohol,testosterone = arguments, we argued late at night about whether a cougar could kill a wolf and vice versa....it was glorious I tells ya.

Then one day last summer a fellow in cowichan happened along on a wolf and cougar fighting, the wolf had the cougar down it looked bad for the cat.....in a split second lapse of focus by the wolf the cat flipped around ontop and closed his jaws on the Wolf's neck..killing it. I sent a Clip of it to one of my friends withe caption....." Well, there you have it"

He emailed back laughing out loud the said he couldn't remember what side he was on......
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Should sit a guy like Sbisa for not trying and not punish young guys for making a bad pass or missing an assignment with taking away their ice time. That's Midget league tactics.
The team has so many more issues to deal with before they get around to talking about their 4/5 d man...

Very odd comments, especially the doesn't try criticism...

Take care..
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I don't mind a debate/discussion/agree to disagree.

But when the hate is relentless and its' the hate rages on in every thread, like there's no tomorrow, it gets a tad tiresome.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

rats19 wrote: Back in the day there were 5 best friends. We used to drink beer and smoke pot in my parents basement. Alcohol,testosterone = arguments, we argued late at night about whether a cougar could kill a wolf and vice versa....it was glorious I tells ya.

Then one day last summer a fellow in cowichan happened along on a wolf and cougar fighting, the wolf had the cougar down it looked bad for the cat.....in a split second lapse of focus by the wolf the cat flipped around ontop and closed his jaws on the Wolf's neck..killing it. I sent a Clip of it to one of my friends withe caption....." Well, there you have it"

He emailed back laughing out loud the said he couldn't remember what side he was on......
:lol: :lol: best post this 'offseason' ahaha