Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Shinkaruk to Flames for Granlund

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't hate trading Hunter as the team/organization is loaded with small, shifty types and we swap out one for another. It makes no sense to me regardless if Granlund can sort of play centre. This team is tiny now and moving forward. Size and speed win and we have neither at the moment. As I said give me a 2nd for Gary Buseys love child and I'm ok, but stop with the god damned reclamation projects that have to clear waivers next year. Pedan has to clear next year and these retards still haven't given him a sniff.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I absolutely LOVE this trade!!!!

Shinkaruk sucks. He gets bounced off the puck easy, can't win a puck battle to save his life, is terrible along the boards and extremely awful at getting pucks out. He's the king of blue line cheating, very soft and skinnier than Brad Ference. He takes too many Low percentage shots on goal, they say the puck dies in is stick. He won't amount to a hill of beans

Another brilliant trade by the bird dawg!
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mondi wrote:
And, if the future top six wingers are already penciled in as Bartchee, Virtanen, Rodin, Boesser maybe there is no reason to fret.
^This. Management already has Virtanen in. They probably got Boeser fast-tracked too. They're so in love with both power forwards.

Shinkaruk looks to be at least several years away from being an NHL'er... never mind being one that can play in the top 6 or score.

In the meantime, we still have D. Sedin so doesn't it make sense to get a similar age player who's already NHL proven even though potential-wise is a lesser prospect? I dunno.

And what happens if JB lands 2nd or 3rd overall? You'd think they'd have to go with the best available player and draft one of the Finns or Tkachuk. We'd be pretty damn deep in power forwards all of a sudden.

The only thing I don't like about this trade is giving up potential. But potentially HS might never live up to his junior or AHL stats. How many times has that ever happened? Tons.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I absolutely LOVE Elmers dick when it's covered with Nutella but even if it had Parkay on it I'm good to go
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hank , Boeser is not a power forward whatsoever and neither are the Finns.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Now only if we could get Blobbees favourite player of all time - Ryan Clowe to come out of retirement and sign a contract with us. Rock em Sock em old time Eddie Shore hockey
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Now only if we could get Blobbees favourite player of all time - Ryan Clowe to come out of retirement and sign a contract with us. Rock em Sock em old time Eddie Shore hockey
Great contribution as usual.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They've already said they have no plans to fast track Boeser. Maybe after his third year of college they might get him to turn pro and go to Utica but I see him a minimum of three years away from getting a sniff.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pedan has to clear next year and these retards still haven't given him a sniff.
I thought he looks decent in the 3 games he had and maybe Benning thinks so as well and has a roster spot pencilled in already. I can't think of anything else that makes sense. He acquired him so obviously he's not going to let him go for nothing.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote:They've already said they have no plans to fast track Boeser. Maybe after his third year of college they might get him to turn pro and go to Utica but I see him a minimum of three years away from getting a sniff.
Well, people say lots of things. All of a sudden, things can change.

At any rate, right now the timeline for either to become full-time NHL'ers look to be about the same… 2 or 3 years. But Boeser is more of a lock.

I'm just trying to figure out their reasoning in my head, why this trade happened :mrgreen:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Shinkaruk a bean pole flyweight but all of a sudden Mr. We are
Too Small McKenzie now loves him! Go figure. Am I surprised? Hell no!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hank , Boeser is not a power forward whatsoever and neither are the Finns.
Well if you're going to argue about semantics Blob, how about they're elite forwards with some size & power?

At least they're bigger in stature and unlike Shinkaruk, I think these 3 are more of a guaranteed to make it to the NHL as top 6 forwards.

Hunter on the other hand, could make us regret it or become a slightly better Linden Vey.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank it's simple. Neither Green nor Benning nor Linden believe Shinkaruk will be a top six in the NHL and they don't think he will be NHL ready next year. He is obviously a player they don't see fitting in long term. In Granlund they get a player who has already transitioned into the NHL that they think can play wing or centre, kills penalties, is strong on the forecheck and plays a two way game. He projects a low level 2nd liner or a solid 3rd liner.

Treliving basically said the same thing except they don't see Granlund projecting into a top six but rather a dependable 3rd liner. Treliving also said they made the move to manage an asset of a redundant type of player for them. Same reason we moved Shinkaruk, we saw him as a redundant piece.

We lose on the contract status part of the deal but both teams moved out what the saw as redundant piece for prospects that potentially give them some of what they lack.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:I absolutely LOVE this trade!!!!

Shinkaruk sucks. He gets bounced off the puck easy, can't win a puck battle to save his life, is terrible along the boards and extremely awful at getting pucks out. He's the king of blue line cheating, very soft and skinnier than Brad Ference. He takes too many Low percentage shots on goal, they say the puck dies in is stick. He won't amount to a hill of beans

Another brilliant trade by the bird dawg!
lol anything to get excited these days, eh?

Should be the definition of a "nothing" trade. Dude is already writing off Shinkaruk, what does that say about Granlund, who is older and whose development seems to have stagnated. They're also pretty much the same size. So yeah, you get a bit better two-way player in exchange for someone with a higher skilled ceiling. Shinkaruk is also under control longer, and isn't waiver eligible next year. He's also having a better season than guys like Mantha and Petan, so calling him a bust seems pretty early. At any rate, lots of placeholders for the waiver-wire come October.

Anyways, nothing much to get excited about here, in either direction.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hank wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hank , Boeser is not a power forward whatsoever and neither are the Finns.
Well if you're going to argue about semantics Blob, how about they're elite forwards with some size & power?

At least they're bigger in stature and unlike Shinkaruk, I think these 3 are more of a guaranteed to make it to the NHL as top 6 forwards.

Hunter on the other hand, could make us regret it or become a slightly better Linden Vey.
Blobby was a huge fan of Jordan Schroeder and Nick Jensen