Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by ClamRussel »

So Matthias still not getting the PP love, Horvat & Higgins ahead of him. Ok, then.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cole Cassels 3 goals 1 assist 1st star today

Sits 15th overall in scoring in the O. McCann sits 14th. Cassels has missed 12 games due to suspensions and missed games for WJC tryouts. The kid is a beaut
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

RoyalDude wrote:Cole Cassels 3 goals 1 assist 1st star today

Sits 15th overall in scoring in the O. McCann sits 14th. Cassels has missed 12 games due to suspensions and missed games for WJC tryouts. The kid is a beaut
You can thank Gillis.

As much as you hated Booth, the 3rd that also came over from Florida in that deal was used on this beaut of a kid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You guys really do miss the ole Players Agent dontchya? Awwwwe
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If 2&3 place in each division play each other first round...do we want flames to hang in there? Providing we hang in there.,
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:If 2&3 place in each division play each other first round...do we want flames to hang in there? Providing we hang in there.,
Yeah we do.

Less travel and Flames bubble is due to burst.

Their luck will run out in the playoffs!

(no jinxie)

*crosses fingers, arms, and legs*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote:If 2&3 place in each division play each other first round...do we want flames to hang in there? Providing we hang in there.,
Yeah we do.

(no jinxie)

Is this where I slap you silly?
The only HW the Canucks need
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Yeah we do.

(no jinxie)

Is this where I slap you silly?

too late ...
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So what's up with Jensen being a healthy scratch last game in Utica? I think he gets dangled for a trade in the off season. Maybe Calgary will take him for their second?
The only HW the Canucks need
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Kowch wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:lmao @ pauser. I guess its a bit different for you here seeing as you can't run and hide behind the mods.
I"m not running behind anyone. All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league, and definitely amongst the worst amongst Canadian teams.
Saying it doesn't make it true.

You people can live in denial all you want. These guys are 50 point players now, and while you can sit there and hope for a "bounce back" season, it isn't going to happen. Any expectation should be tempered. For these guys, a bounce back season sees them at around 60 points. Expecting them to be PPG players again just isn't realistic, yet that's what we're paying for.

So when they come back with a 60+ point season (which I don't doubt they will), you going to come back and eat some crow? Or move the goal posts again? They were near PPG players after the lockout. I know that past history does not guarantee future success.

However, last season was an aberration due to a combination of injuries and horrible coaching decisions. Are they going to be 100+ point players again? Probably not. But going back to the style of play that suits them as opposed to what Torts had the twins doing will certainly help. Having a regular line mate will also help.
Was thinking about this thread the other day. So I guess I'll just leave this here...

And I'll leave this here too.... http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/biza ... ty-of-crow
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:So what's up with Jensen being a healthy scratch last game in Utica? I think he gets dangled for a trade in the off season. Maybe Calgary will take him for their second?

Dunno, and weird. First he gets called up to sit in the press box when the team is out East, then this. Something is fishy. It could be that he isn't lighting it up in the AHL, and may not be NHL material.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Tciso wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:So what's up with Jensen being a healthy scratch last game in Utica? I think he gets dangled for a trade in the off season. Maybe Calgary will take him for their second?

Dunno, and weird. First he gets called up to sit in the press box when the team is out East, then this. Something is fishy. It could be that he isn't lighting it up in the AHL, and may not be NHL material.
Even if Jensen is not a top-six forward, he still has the size to be an effective bottom-six. Is Travis Green using the same tactic as WD to Kassian?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovocop wrote:
Tciso wrote:

Even if Jensen is not a top-six forward, he still has the size to be an effective bottom-six. Is Travis Green using the same tactic as WD to Kassian?
I was always under the impression that even if Jensen doesn't work out as a top six scorer (which is looking more and more likely was the months go by), he has the build, speed and skill set to be an effective utility guy.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Kowch wrote:
Kowch wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:lmao @ pauser. I guess its a bit different for you here seeing as you can't run and hide behind the mods.
I"m not running behind anyone. All I'm saying is that the Sedins contracts are amongst the worst in the league, and definitely amongst the worst amongst Canadian teams.
Saying it doesn't make it true.

You people can live in denial all you want. These guys are 50 point players now, and while you can sit there and hope for a "bounce back" season, it isn't going to happen. Any expectation should be tempered. For these guys, a bounce back season sees them at around 60 points. Expecting them to be PPG players again just isn't realistic, yet that's what we're paying for.

So when they come back with a 60+ point season (which I don't doubt they will), you going to come back and eat some crow? Or move the goal posts again? They were near PPG players after the lockout. I know that past history does not guarantee future success.

However, last season was an aberration due to a combination of injuries and horrible coaching decisions. Are they going to be 100+ point players again? Probably not. But going back to the style of play that suits them as opposed to what Torts had the twins doing will certainly help. Having a regular line mate will also help.
Was thinking about this thread the other day. So I guess I'll just leave this here...

And I'll leave this here too.... http://www.travelchannel.com/shows/biza ... ty-of-crow
In this new Dead Puck era they are 10 points off the leading scorer too (contracts that are much higher) :shock:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:In this new Dead Puck era they are 10 points off the leading scorer too (contracts that are much higher) :shock:
Funny - I was looking at this last night and they've slid right into the top 20 and (like you say) to be only 10 points out? Great job.

Maybe next year, pauser.... :roll:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."