World Juniors 2015

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: World Juniors 2015

Post by Benjo »

I don't think it will be long before teams really start regretting their 7th round picks instead of taking a flyer on Joe Hicketts.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Virtanen scores on a solo rush with nice power move in Canada's final exhibition game vs. the Swiss.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Virtanen with a strong 4th line game, power move to the net, a couple of big clean well timed hits, one leading to a goal and penalty for sticking up for Moran. Bad move was a lazy backcheck leading to a post for the Swiss late in the third. All in all, not bad. One of the few Canadians to impose.

I can not cheer for anyone named Domi.

Jake Virtanen will be one of the few things anyone remembers from New Years Eve.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Jake Virtanen will be one of the few things anyone remembers from New Years Eve.
I get that feeling too. Still can't figure out why Richie is on the McDavid line. Yep, he's a big body, but he looks slow. Virtanen could end up there by the end of the tourney.

Domi, like his dad, has a very punchable face.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

For now he is carrying the 4th line. You just know he'll star in some role against the Americans. Ritchie has got himself some soft hands. 3rd line is a bit of a train wreck.

Nurse is a Mandingo amongst munchkins and finally a Morrissey who isn't a depressing fuck.

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:For now he is carrying the 4th line. You just know he'll star in some role against the Americans. Ritchie has got himself some soft hands. 3rd line is a bit of a train wreck.

Nurse is a Mandingo amongst munchkins and finally a Morrissey who isn't a depressing fuck.
Lol. Love the Smiths. Big mouth Strikes again and How Soon is now are killer tunes

I need to see more killer instinct, nail in the coffin, from the team, shift to shift. The last few WJCs we just seem to have lost an edge.

I like Ritchie and Virtanen. Ritchie could use the body more. A little concerned about the small line - Point, Petan and Fabbri. Crowse and Paul were quiet last night
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So Cassels was let go. Booooo. The U.S. are stacked at centre Eichel, Matthews, Larkin, so Cassels was in tough for that 4th line centre role

It's the Americans Gold to lose, they are a strong team. If we had Ekblad, Drouin, McKinnon, Horvat and Bennett (isn't Monahan eligible too?) it would be our medal to lose but as usual our best WJC eligible are always in the NHL

Replace Gauthier with Horvat and replace Fabbri, Point and Petan with Drouin, McKinnon and Bennett and replace Hicketts with Ekblad and that's a team
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bump Peten up the line up and put Ritchie-Paul-Virtanen together for a N-S in your face and into the boards you go ground and pound thirdline no one wants to play against.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Domi, like his dad, has a very punchable face.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cool to see Denmark take the lead against Russia and hold them to 2-2 in regulation. Sure, Russia won the penalty shootout, but who had had even an inkling of a thought that the Danes would be able to steal a point in that game?

Impressed by the Finns as well, who lost 2-1 on penalties against the US team that must be considered favourites to win this tournament. Stacked team. Sure, Canada also has a decent team, plus home court advantage, but most experts seem to believe in the Yanks this year.

Sweden has a 2-0 lead against the Czechs after the first period. Will we be the first team to get the full three points for a regulation time win?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:The tournament Canada's best U-18's go to is the Ivan Hlinka, and Canada has won 8-straight Gold medals there. Canada has more gold at that tournament (19) than any other single nation has medals (Russia has 13 medals total, the USA 12).
Seven straight, to nitpick, or are you assuming the 2015 title is already in the bag?
Point taken though. The tournament has been held 24 times, and Canada has won it 19 times.
Impressive. That's some serious dominance.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Sweden has a 2-0 lead against the Czechs after the first period. Will we be the first team to get the full three points for a regulation time win?
Shit! May have spoken too early! Two goals by Vrana. Swedish defence looks like Swiss cheese. :|

Goal by Nylander and Sweden has the lead again, but damn, this is some shitty hockey.
Nowhere near the exciting game played by the US and the Finns. :hmmm:

Edit: the third period looked a bit better though, Sweden wins 5-2.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sweet goal to start the tourney! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Right on Virtanen! rollin' over peeps.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Finns are impressive. If this Rantanin(sp?) is available when the Canucks are drafting we have to take him. He's been ranked in that mid teen area of the 2015 draft. Big skilled winger.