Israeli–Palestinian conflict

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
You seem very into camps, Mëds...quite disturbing mein fuhrer!
Lol. Never said I was in favor of them though. Just that they happened, shouldn't have, apologize, move on, don't do it again.....you know what they say about those who fail to learn from history.

Although, upon reflection, I would be in favor of camps for pinko liberal airheads like you. :lol:
Whole scale stereotyping that's what you are into Mëds,

That's another word for concentration camp.
But I forgive you, how could you possibly be enlightened enough to see the plank in your own eye. You are too busy complaining about the down trodden who need medical care in the middle of the night to be objective.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Whether it be Jews/Muslims, Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant, Brit/Scots/Irish, Cowboys/Wagon Burners, whatever, whoever. Conflicts of today should have been and could have been settled centuries ago through extermination.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Whether it be Jews/Muslims, Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant, Brit/Scots/Irish, Cowboys/Wagon Burners, whatever, whoever. Conflicts of today should have been and could have been settled centuries ago through extermination.
Touching, but dream of world peace all you like buds: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

Wars, civil or otherwise, will always be with us.

I blame the treehuggers. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Lol. Never said I was in favor of them though. Just that they happened, shouldn't have, apologize, move on, don't do it again.....you know what they say about those who fail to learn from history.

Although, upon reflection, I would be in favor of camps for pinko liberal airheads like you. :lol:

But I forgive you, how could you possibly be enlightened enough to see the plank in your own eye. You are too busy complaining about the down trodden who need medical care in the middle of the night to be objective.
Yep. I'm all about stereotyping. That's me. :P

Of course I'm complaining about the down trodden who need medical care in the middle of the night..... :roll:

Friggen commie. :scowl:

:P
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:

Yep. I'm all about stereotyping. That's me. :P

Of course I'm complaining about the down trodden who need medical care in the middle of the night..... :roll:

Friggen commie. :scowl:

:P
That totally is you, don't take my word for it, you said those things yourself.
I don't have time to make shit up just to piss you off.

Read above what your furher said above about final solutions and extermination of the enemy... You are on record agreeing with that sort of insanity.

As for objecting to helping the down trodden, well you're on record with that too.

Face it bro you judge where you shouldn't

Oh, and it's 2014 not 1952
Commies are long gone
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Dare to dream Doc. Dare to dream.

Last man standing amongst a bunch of dead fucking deadbeat weirdos heathens and infidels.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Last man standing amongst a bunch of dead fucking deadbeat weirdos heathens and infidels.
The Soviet Union under Stalin subscribed to the same policy, didn't work out so well there.

You can't destroy your enemy with those tactics, you either make more enemies or you change who you are.
Israel cannot remain an enlightened democratic society worth saving while practicing genocide.

The way to peace is by opening the door to change.
Give Palestinians citizenship and a piece of the pie and watch how many would start focussing on living instead of dieing.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:
Give Palestinians citizenship
Ummm wut? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Dare to dream Doc. Dare to dream.

I'll admit, it's a wondrous fantasy. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Oh, and it's 2014 not 1952

Commies are long gone
That's what... they... want you to think. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:That totally is you, don't take my word for it, you said those things yourself.
I don't have time to make shit up just to piss you off.

Read above what your furher said above about final solutions and extermination of the enemy... You are on record agreeing with that sort of insanity.

As for objecting to helping the down trodden, well you're on record with that too.

Face it bro you judge where you shouldn't

Oh, and it's 2014 not 1952
Commies are long gone
Here, I'll rephrase.....

Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

The Soviet Union under Stalin subscribed to the same policy, didn't work out so well there.

You can't destroy your enemy with those tactics, you either make more enemies or you change who you are.
Israel cannot remain an enlightened democratic society worth saving while practicing genocide.

Give Palestinians citizenship and a piece of the pie and watch how many would start focussing on living instead of dieing.
Considering the entire conflict is based on religious belief and entitlement, plus centuries of hatred, the only way that Israel would consider giving Palestinians citizenship would be as slaves. You have to remember where Israel is coming from.....going back to Moses and Joshua. They believe they are still supposed to wipe out everyone from their promised land. Exception to genocide? Slavery.

From the Palestinian side, well more than 90% of them are Muslim. Muslims and Jews don't play nice.

Citizenship would change nothing.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Considering the entire conflict is based on religious belief and entitlement, plus centuries of hatred, the only way that Israel would consider giving Palestinians citizenship would be as slaves. You have to remember where Israel is coming from.....going back to Moses and Joshua. They believe they are still supposed to wipe out everyone from their promised land. Exception to genocide? Slavery.

From the Palestinian side, well more than 90% of them are Muslim. Muslims and Jews don't play nice.

Citizenship would change nothing.
Jews and Muslims lived side by side for centuries, it wasn't unti the fall of Turks and the Balfour declaration in London that the war between the two started.

It is true that both religions claim the same spot on the map for their holiest of holy ground but an international presence in Jerusalem could work out a compromise. Something similar to the Vatican. Independent country adminstered by a tribunal of Jews, Muslims and Christians.

The trouble is right now Israel doesn't have to compromise because we support and arm them.

Muslims are not inherently evil not is their religion any more or less intolerant than Jews or Christians. The problem is that palestianians are stateless. The have nowhere to go and are held virtually as prisoners.

If Israel created a roadmap to citizenship, and ordinary folk could earn the right to abide where already work anyway. You might find that that would do more than all the bombs and barbed wire put together.

It works in Canada.

Oh and Mëds, you are just an emergency responder, you don't get to choose who needs, you just delver the care.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Commies are long gone
How Putinesque eh.

You think Russians aren't paying dearly to get fucked.

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:

Commies are long gone
How Putinesque eh.

You think Russians aren't paying dearly to get fucked.
I was thinking of mcarthyism in regards to reds I mean Mëds allegations, but since you mention putinescque,

I suppose that to mean that they just don't call themselves communist anymore.

Well I don't think they ever really were communists in Russia after Trotsky and Lenin.

from Stalin to Putin it's been about your very own extreme predjudice and zero sum game play.

That's not what communism as Marx defined it was supposed to be.

But don't get me wrong, I think communism has a fatal flaw, you can't macro manage entire industries and be competitive. You have to let small and medium business decide what the market will bear....otherwise all the shoe stores might only have pink stilettos for sale because somebody in a committee thought that was what should happen.
Last edited by ukcanuck on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.