Do you want the Canucks to pursue Tyler Myers in a trade?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 19

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

First off, I was specifically PMed by Moderator Cornuck to consolidate the Tyler Myers' to Vancouver Talk to one thread. So if you have an issue with this thread, take it up with him, not me. 8-)

via: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/06/27 ... es-anyway/

Trader Jim has taken over Philly and he’s not done yet (he hopes anyway)
The White Towel / Province
June 27, 2014. 2:18 pm

The Tyler Myers-to -Canucks talk is all over the draft floor. Doesn’t mean it’s going to happen, but there is a lot of buzz.

The Canucks have tabled an offer to the Buffalo Sabres for Myers, and it includes the No. 24 overall pick.
Posted yesterday: This was NBC Hockey Analyst, Pierre McGuire's speculation on one of the reasons why the Canucks' traded Garrison:
Betamax wrote:LOL ... this is too good! 8-)

Pierre McGuire was just on TEAM Radio speculates that the Canucks' might be going after a top young defenseman. None other than Tyler Myers.

Yes the same guy that Canucks Corner's Hockey Analyst, Betamax, mentioned as a guy the Canucks' should target (as documented on this board) weeks ago!

What say you? :mex:

For Reference:

https://twitter.com/mattsekeres/status/ ... 4755097600
Matthew Sekeres ‏@mattsekeres

NBC's Pierre McGuire says #Canucks might have cleared cap space to try & acquire #Sabres D Tyler Myers. $5.5M cap hit, 5 yrs remaining.

12:40 PM - 27 Jun 2014
:D
Obviously, the offer was rejected.

But it doesn't mean the Canucks' can't still manage to pull a trade with the Sabres in the future. What would or could the Canucks trade that would appeal to the Sabres for them to accept a trade? In a previous post, I speculated maybe the 2015 1st round pick (that would be a huge leap of faith that the Canucks' aren't going to be in the lottery if you are GMJB) or a roster player like Tanev. :mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Do you want the Canucks to pursue Tyler Myers in a trade

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nice work Lotan Baba
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Tyler needs a fresh start,this would be a good thing
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Perhaps if it was a part of a swap for Reinhart in some package deal. $5.5 is a bad contract.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Jovorock wrote:Tyler needs a fresh start,this would be a good thing
We already have Kassian, do we need another "project" with attitude/discipline/consistency issues? :?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Absolutely yes.

6'8 players that have top 2 potential don't grow on trees.

At age 24, Myers still has a lot of learning and maturing to do before hitting the defensemen sweet spot of age 28 so whatever warts he currently has can absolutely be addressed.

You can teach someone to be a better defensemen. You can't teach someone to be 6'8.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I remember myers getting in a scrum around the net versus Philly and he ragdolled Pronger around like he was a baby. Not to mention his 40 pt season before Buffalo fully fell apart. I'd be all for trying to acquire him and iron the Buffalo out of his game.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Jovorock wrote:Tyler needs a fresh start,this would be a good thing
We already have Kassian, do we need another "project" with attitude/discipline/consistency issues? :?
Well, I don't think there are any off-ice attitude/discipline issues.

The guy was born in the USA (where the competition is easier to make it to the National team) but chose to represent Canada. That's a big positive, IMO.

Obviously, consistency has been an issue since his ROY form but another positive is that another team, i.e. Red Wings and Holland and Co. have shown significant interest in him.

I mean if the other team interested in Myers was Garth Snow / NYI, I'd be just a little bit worried, ya know? :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/482963499283263488
Nick Kypreos Verified account ‏@RealKyper

Trade market prices remained extremely high through #NHL draft. # Sabres ask for Tyler Myers was 3 pièces including a 1st round pick.

12:07 PM - 28 Jun 2014
:mex:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

In chopping Ryan Kesler and Jason Garrison from their payroll Friday, the Vancouver Canucks' re-tooling has been fast and furious - but they may not be done.

NBC's Pierre McGuire is suggesting the club has cleared enough cap space in order to take a serious run at Buffalo Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers, via Matthew Sekeres of Team 1040.

The towering puck-mover, who certainly meets the criteria coveted by general manager Jim Benning, carries a $5.5 million cap hit for five more seasons.

The Canucks shed nearly $10 million off their roster Friday, including $4.6 million over the next four years owed to Garrison.
http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/528966
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

During UFA free agency day, have their been significant trades made? If the Canucks trade for Myers and it involves their 2015 1st rounder, you gotta think they are going to spend a lot on veteran help (i.e. Goaltending etc.) to make sure they have a realistic shot at making the Playoffs for the obvious reason. :mex:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I wouldn't mind getting our own version of Big Z. What about Edler for Myers? Both could use a change in scenery.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I wouldn't mind getting our own version of Big Z. What about Edler for Myers? Both could use a change in scenery.
Edler would enforce his NTC if asked to waive to go to the Sabres. Besides, GMJB is rather bullish on Edler, so I don't see him being moved.

I'd imagine the roster player going there might be someone like Hansen as his NTC doesn't come into effect until July 1st, and you'd have to think he'd have the Sabres on his "do not trade me to" list. :mex:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:I wouldn't mind getting our own version of Big Z. What about Edler for Myers? Both could use a change in scenery.
I would rather keep Edler and add Myers. That would give the Canucks some size to play against the big forwards in the West.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tanev would have to be part of the package going the other way imesho.

Too bad my ole pal GM is gone, the guy is in love with Myers. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.