American Hockey?

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: American Hockey?

Post by Arachnid »

USA going home

Canada goes to the Semis....guess that answers the doubters and tools...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:The CHL is still the most accessible upper echelon development league. The opening of their doors to international players has been a huge benefit to all the countries.

You could always favour a draconian xenophobic system like the Swedes and the CFL.
Thats the first time you ever mentioned the CFL as anything other than bush league, I'm betting they will take the upgrade to Draconian Xenophobic league lol.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

UShockey.jpg
UShockey.jpg (62.37 KiB) Viewed 8722 times
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Press pause on the Dude-bashing for a second, will ya? The US was a whisker away from winning in 2010 when we gave it up right in front of Lu in OT and only lost 1-0 to us this year. 1-0. If they'd gotten a bounce and forced that game to a shootout, I'm guessing they would have won and rolled over depleted Sweden like Canada did. You guys can't seriously think the US are not knocking on the door, do you?
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Puck wrote:Press pause on the Dude-bashing for a second, will ya? The US was a whisker away from winning in 2010 when we gave it up right in front of Lu in OT and only lost 1-0 to us this year. 1-0. If they'd gotten a bounce and forced that game to a shootout, I'm guessing they would have won and rolled over depleted Sweden like Canada did. You guys can't seriously think the US are not knocking on the door, do you?
That US team was a team of individuals, like Russia. They proved it when they played Finland. The Canadian team played with all egos put aside, they were almost robotic. Sure the Canadian team was also more talented overall, but for me the most noticeable difference was the way they played and handled themselves, and that's what you need when you're icing four lines of 1st liners. I think they kind of took a page out of the old Red Army's textbook in this regard, kind of ironic. Hmm... Red Army. I like that nickname.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.