Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Rumsfeld »

Ignore him Vader, he's clearly drunk.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vader wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote: I just don't see how spending years developing a first-round pick into an elite player and then flipping that elite player for another first-round pick can be considered a good move.
C'mon dude, Schneids was drafted 26th overall and we got a 9th overall for him = WE WIN!! :thumbs:
So...you would have traded Bieksa for a 4th rounder....or Kesler for a 20th overall? :eh:
Well I was obviously joking but wouldn't that equate to a late 1st for Bieksa and a 6th overall for Kesler? Image

But hey neither Bieksa nor Kesler are mentally-ill gingers, so why are we talking about this? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Old Eye Bags dropped the ball, had no choice but to trade Ginger. No GM wanted that contract and Aquamarine kyboshed a buyout. Completely fucked situation for luggage Eyes so freckles had to go. That being said got a decent prospect in return, yes he's a prospect but fuck it I'm rolling the dice on him cause there ain't much else to feel good about around Nuckleville regarding the future.

Still think Tomato Face could use a few good more prospects as this team is still rather thin on the farm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I don't have the patience to filter through all of the posts but here is my two cents:

With either Schneider or Luongo we were going to be OK. I haven't commented on it at all because right from the beginning I have really believed that.
Miyagi not just paint fence, he sit on it too.

8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL @ Schneider being called an elite player. Just play 30 games son , that's all we need. Not saying he couldn't eventually develop into an elite goaltender but to call him one now is clownish a la Calpuck style. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Rumsfeld wrote:Using the best two-way centre in the game (Bergeron) as a projection for Horvat seems incredibly optimistic.

I'll admit it makes me a bit hard though.
I merely compared the style of Bo's play, along his with physical ability and size to two highly successful players of the same mold. Both guys who averaged a point a game in Junior, and who happen to be key core players on their current clubs.

You said projection, not I.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL @ Schneider being called an elite player. Just play 30 games son , that's all we need. Not saying he couldn't eventually develop into an elite goaltender but to call him one now is clownish a la Calpuck style. :lol:
Yup, as of today he's a 27-year-old backup. :drink:

By way of comparison, when Bobby Lou was that age he had been a starter for 6 years and played 341 NHL games.

Just sayin.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LOL @ Schneider being called an elite player. Just play 30 games son , that's all we need. Not saying he couldn't eventually develop into an elite goaltender but to call him one now is clownish a la Calpuck style. :lol:
Look at his stats since he entered the league. They are amazing.

He took the job of an elite goaltender on a lifetime deal.

He's an elite player. There are maybe three goaltenders in the league right now I'd take over him. Quick, Lundquist, Rask... Rinne I'd consider.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:
Yup, as of today he's a 27-year-old backup. :drink:
LOFL. Go to bed Doc, you're drunk.

Was Luongo playing behind a goaltender like... Luongo all those years? And to think he never made the playoffs even once in that time...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Just sayin Marty is still the #1 in Jersey.

Just sayin. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Strangelove wrote:Just sayin Marty is still the #1 in Jersey.

We'll see.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Just sayin Marty is still the #1 in Jersey.

We'll see.
Not to be an ass, but wouldn't that make him a 27-year-old backup?

Wouldn't it huh?

Wouldn't it?

Am I crazy or has he never started more than 33 games in an NHL season? :drink:

And he's 27 right?

Just making conversation...

*sticks pin in Schneider voodoo doll*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:
Look at his stats since he entered the league. They are amazing.

He took the job of an elite goaltender on a lifetime deal.

He's an elite player. There are maybe three goaltenders in the league right now I'd take over him. Quick, Lundquist, Rask... Rinne I'd consider.
I'm still confused as to how some people think that Schneider "took" Lou's job. Luongo was playing some of his best hockey against LA. There was absolutely no reason to replace him.....proof is in the pudding, the Canucks still lost in 5 games, and it's a stretch to say that Cory won us game 4, more likely it was Henrik and Daniel. This season Luongo was again playing at the top of his game against the Sharks in the opening round. Schneider came back and took over.....and the Canucks were out in 4, but that's not Schneider's fault, no, he stole the show and was the only reason the Canucks were even hanging in there in game 3.....

......no wait.....

that's not right.....

To clarify, I'm not saying Schneider is shit or that Luongo > Schneider. I'm just shining a big light on something that people like Rum(ster) like to ignore when they hold Schneider up on a pedestal while casting Luongo into the the pit.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Luongo sucked in game 2 against LA.

Schneider from that point on was the Canucks starting goaltender. He was fucking lights out in games 3 and 4 against LA and all of last season. He was injured and rusty in game 3 against the Sharks, and that's the only poor playoff performance he's had.

Of course he stole Luongo's job, WTF, you think they gave him the starter's job last season for shits and giggles? :lol: He outperformed Lou in camp, the goaltending coach gushed about how much better he was, Gillis and AV both announced he was the better goaltender, he took Lou's fucking job. The Canucks had EVERY REASON to keep Luongo as #1 considering his ego and his contract and yet they couldn't because they knew Schneids was that much better.

Holy shit some of you guys are stubborn. You're arguing actual facts Mëds. Luongo losing his job to Cory is not a matter of opinion. It actually happened -- so stop being a facepalm artist. 8-)
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Ya'll can argue till your blue in the face. The FACT is Schneider could be a top 3 elite goaltender or he could be the next Jaroslav Halak. (Speaking of Halak, he was a playoff God and all he fetched was Lars Eller and Ian Schultz, and before you ramble on over how much better Schneider is you need to remember at the time fans wanted Price traded)
CANADIENS DEAL PLAYOFF HERO HALAK TO THE BLUES
This past season, Halak's incredible play between the pipes led the Canadiens on a deep run into the playoffs before they were eliminated by the Flyers in the Eastern Conference final.

"Jaroslav's play in this year's regular season and Stanley Cup playoffs was remarkable," Blues president John Davidson said in a statement. "He has had very impressive numbers in the NHL and we are thrilled that he will be wearing the Bluenote for us."
Halak, the backup that looked very good for flashes but will never be a top 3 elite goalie. We don't know what Schneider will do and saying we do, either way, is silly. Time will tell...

Remember I said to Trade Schneider all along so I'm not losing any sleep over Schneider moving on.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P