Prospect Camp 2013

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Prospect Camp 2013

Post by BladesofSteel »

Diehard1 wrote: I still think one of Gaunce or Horvat have to be favoured to make the team. Both guys have advanced defensive games at center, which is exactly what is needed for a 3rd line center. The offence will come given added responsibility and development.

I'm just not sure who else they will use if one of these guys don't make it. Barring a trade, there's very little left in free agency that will help and somebody has to take the role.
I agree.

And not just because of their strong two-way play, but both kids boast a physical advantage over the likes of Schroeder and Santorelli. Much has been speculated on Kellan Lain as well, but I would be surprised if he made the cut ahead of BoHo and BG. These two possess a far more complete game than anyone else in the system, where their age and experience is the only thing holding them back, it would seem.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Unsurprisingly, by all accounts it sounds like Gaunce and Horvat are the closest to making the big club.

So we have two big, young, skilled, two-way centres that have played their best hockey in the playoffs and only seem to be getting better…sweet!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

herb wrote:Unsurprisingly, by all accounts it sounds like Gaunce and Horvat are the closest to making the big club.

So we have two big, young, skilled, two-way centres that have played their best hockey in the playoffs and only seem to be getting better…sweet!
are ya trying to get me all excited or what...because its working.. I like kids you can watch get better and help the team...will be gaffs and great plays...hopefully over time the former is outnumbered by the latter :D :D
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Prospect camp skills.

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

rats19 wrote:are ya trying to get me all excited or what...because its working.. I like kids you can watch get better and help the team...will be gaffs and great plays...hopefully over time the former is outnumbered by the latter :D :D
I’m pretty damn excited myself, I must admit. It’s hard not to like young players, especially when they are as promising as these two!

Quality centres are just so hard to get...I mean how many have we had in this organization’s history? Not many.

From all accounts these two are quality players with the right attitudes. More and more players are entering the league and making an impact at 20 years old, so these guys could be close.

Gillis has not been a perfect GM by any stretch, but I’m happy that at least now it looks like he has a plan now for the organization to bridge between Hank/Kesler/Luongo to the next generation.

I’m really interested to see how Lack, Eriksson and Cannata look.