MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: MacKenzie: Corey Schneider to NJ for 9th overall pick

Post by Rumsfeld »

90% of the hockey world thinks we got fleeced but 95% of this board thinks it's a great move. :lol:

Like I said, shades of Cowpuke...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ORCA
CC Veteran

Post by ORCA »

Rumsfeld wrote:90% of the hockey world thinks we got fleeced but 95% of this board thinks it's a great move. :lol:

What, exactly, do you do then Rummy?

If you are Gillis, you don't have the option of buying Luongo out. Exactly how much of the future do you give up in addition to a "free" goalie in order to get another team to finally bite on Bob?

The trade may not be great, its early to tell. But, all conditions surrounding Vancouver goalie situation would point to this being the "best" decision to make.
~Your Friendly Neighborhood Killer Whale
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ORCA wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:90% of the hockey world thinks we got fleeced but 95% of this board thinks it's a great move. :lol:

What, exactly, do you do then Rummy?

If you are Gillis, you don't have the option of buying Luongo out. Exactly how much of the future do you give up in addition to a "free" goalie in order to get another team to finally bite on Bob?

The trade may not be great, its early to tell. But, all conditions surrounding Vancouver goalie situation would point to this being the "best" decision to make.
I buy out Luongo if I can't get a pick for him, and I use the extra mill and a half to bolster my roster. I don't trade away the cornerstone of the fucking franchise for a second-liner.

I do not believe Gillis didn't have the option of buying out Luongo, or that a trade for a pick wouldn't have materialized as the other available goaltenders were locked up.

Lack and Ericsson might become solid NHL goaltenders. They also might not. We knew what we had in Cory and so did the rest of the NHL. I refuse to believe the ninth overall pick in a strong draft is the most we could have gotten for him.

Lou desperately wants the hell out of here, and we're going to end up having to dump him anyway once things go south, you watch.

Then we''ll really be fucked.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

BurningBeard wrote:
herb wrote:We lost that serious largely because Mason Raymond got injured?
I think if you're going to start ripping apart that series and look at every minor detail, you might as well throw Rome's hit on Horton in there. Not because loosing Rome to suspension lost the series (although having a healthy D-man in game 7 would have been nice), but because it seemed to "wake up" Boston to a certain extent.
Rome's bullshit suspension cost the Canucks their most physical d-man.

Losing Hamuis cost the Canucks their steadiest d-man

But AV thought he could fix it all by putting his personal whipping boy Ballard out on the #1 unit with Bieksa and playing their most veteran d-man in Salo on the 3rd pairing with Tanev (who all season looked like the 100% best fit for Ballard).

He also somehow forgot about the meltdowns from his team and goalie against CHI in the first round of 2011, and 2nd round of 2010 & 2009 after a big loss but still decided to go status quo after an 8-1 drubbing in game 3.

CJ lost his best clutch performer from the first 3 series and made enough adjustments to 100% completely out-coach and
out-class AV in the final 5 games of that series.

I'm soooooo happy AV's gone, 3 years too late in my mind, but at least he's finally out of here.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:DIE THREAD!

DIE, DIE, DIE.
+1
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7912
you guys can post here and can cry all you want....
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I have it on good authority that Luongo will indeed be back and is fine. He is still taking some time to digest what has been going on but is very pleased with the "new" direction and all is well. Put to bed any rumours of discontent. Sounds like everyone has kissed and made up with Luongo being assured there will be no repeat of this funny farm down the road.

I have also been told the Canucks are heavily pursuing a back to play behind luongo as they are unsure if Lack will be ready to take on that role. Luongo has been asked about the goalie the Canucks are pursing, he's played here before backing up Lou, and he is all over it doing what he can to encourage this guy to sign here tomorrow. Heard that Edmonton is the other team pursuing him hard on a platoon type of situation. I have been asked to not put his name out there at this point but I can say it is a back up most will be pleased with if he comes for the right term and cap hit. Good friendship and camaraderie between him and Luongo.

Also talked to two people today that are tight with a lot of players. Both said that the rumours CS was traded for off ice issues are absolute BS. If there is something going on off the ice like that they have never had a whiff of it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Dear god! Andrew Raycroft, Curtis Sanford or Danny Sabourin as backup?!

How about Clouts or that Noodles guy on TSN?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I thought Raycroft at first but he hasn't been in the NHL for two years... why would Edmonton be after him?

Has to be Jason.
Last edited by Eddy Punch Clock on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2011..... the one that got away.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:I have it on good authority that Luongo will indeed be back and is fine. He is still taking some time to digest what has been going on but is very pleased with the "new" direction and all is well. Put to bed any rumours of discontent. Sounds like everyone has kissed and made up with Luongo being assured there will be no repeat of this funny farm down the road.

I have also been told the Canucks are heavily pursuing a back to play behind luongo as they are unsure if Lack will be ready to take on that role. Luongo has been asked about the goalie the Canucks are pursing, he's played here before backing up Lou, and he is all over it doing what he can to encourage this guy to sign here tomorrow. Heard that Edmonton is the other team pursuing him hard on a platoon type of situation. I have been asked to not put his name out there at this point but I can say it is a back up most will be pleased with if he comes for the right term and cap hit. Good friendship and camaraderie between him and Luongo.
Should put this in an all new "Luongo is our #1 goalie thread"

Thanks for the info though HW, took a few days, but everything seems to be going back to 'normal' somewhat. :)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Brick Tamland
CC Veteran

Post by Brick Tamland »

I'm thinking Labarbera. Most would probably be happy with him.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

I would love to have this guy back on our team

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hank wrote:Dear god! Andrew Raycroft, Curtis Sanford or Danny Sabourin as backup?!

Did you ever play with Barbie dolls? You are sounding childish. I said most people would be pleased!
The only HW the Canucks need
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Hank wrote:Dear god! Andrew Raycroft, Curtis Sanford or Danny Sabourin as backup?!

Did you ever play with Barbie dolls? You are sounding childish. I said most people would be pleased!
Barbie dolls from LA?

Another LA Barb era?

:mex:
2011..... the one that got away.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:I have it on good authority that Luongo will indeed be back and is fine. He is still taking some time to digest what has been going on but is very pleased with the "new" direction and all is well. Put to bed any rumours of discontent. Sounds like everyone has kissed and made up with Luongo being assured there will be no repeat of this funny farm down the road.

Also talked to two people today that are tight with a lot of players. Both said that the rumours CS was traded for off ice issues are absolute BS. If there is something going on off the ice like that they have never had a whiff of it.
Not overly surprised, but relieved nonetheless. I think it was a matter of him being emotionally ready to move on, only to be told he's not. That can be tough, especially considering all the rumours about him being assured a move to Florida by some people. God only knows what grease Aquaman put on the skids sliding him back to Vancouver but I'm glad he's coming back ready to flip the bird to all the GMs who didn't want him. If I'm Torts and Gillis, I would be feeding him every half-true tidbit of slag that came out of the other GMs Gillis was trying to deal just for motivation's sake.

I'd like to know more about this 'new' direction that got Luongo enthused? No more Goalie-Gate? Torts is gonna ride him as far as his stamina will allow?

As far as a backup's concerned, as long as he's a dependable back-up who knows he's a back-up I'll be happy. Kinda concerned about Lack perhaps not being ready but with the hip surgery it's not bad insurance with him and Eriksson in Utica. Was hoping a year of mentorship from Lu would help him develop. Oh wait.. what happened the last time something like that happened??? :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.