Coaches canned

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Coaches canned

Post by ukcanuck »

Torts?

Well his record is pretty good for getting tuned out if that's what's happening...

I dunno anything about him other than what gets put on TV, but I wonder if he might be a tonic for that one big knock on the Canucks that keeps coming up, the chicken shit diving.

Seems to me its Kesler and Henrik that drive this bus and its those two that should be the focus of a new coach.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

If I have to watch that greasy midget clown screaming at officials and media-whoring his way around town after every game, man, I just might be driving RD's lynch wagon straight over to eyebags' place.

Just say no to Torts.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: So sad, Arthur has been in limbo and has never really found his niche in life ever since.
Yeah, it's a real tragedy. :roll:

If it's any consolation, I showed Arthur's niece a really good time back in the late '90s!

Oh it's true. Image
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Rumsfeld wrote:If I have to watch that greasy midget clown screaming at officials and media-whoring his way around town after every game, man, I just might be driving RD's lynch wagon straight over to eyebags' place.

Just say no to Torts.
TSN says that Torts is a "strong" candidate.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'm telling you guys it ain't happening. They're interviewing the available high-profile coaches but they'll probbaly go with a guy like Stevens.

Torts would be a terrible fit here for a number of reasons that have already been stated. Plus he's a weasel.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Rumsfeld wrote:I'm telling you guys it ain't happening. They're interviewing the available high-profile coaches but they'll probbaly go with a guy like Stevens.

Torts would be a terrible fit here for a number of reasons that have already been stated. Plus he's a weasel.
Tort
[tawrt] Show IPA
noun Law.
a wrongful act, not including a breach of contract or trust, that results in injury to another's person, property, reputation, or the like, and for which the injured party is entitled to compensation.

see it wouldnt be right
:idea:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Giant veiny, hairy mutherfuckin balls. Imagine that!
UH OH.... I don't think poster Orcasfan is gonna like the picture he's painting. :look:

On the other hand, poster Mondi is gonna LOVE IT! :lol:

J/K Mondi.

I think I'll reserve judgement on the new coaches until they're hired

... at which point I'll do as much research as possible.

On the surface though I still like the asshole Boucher. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
UH OH.... I don't think poster Orcasfan is gonna like the picture he's painting. :look:
On the contrary...I suspect she'll love the picture in that "special" kinda way

Turn 'em upside down and yada yada yada
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Doc, what's the deal with Gillis, does he have a thing for wops? It must be Aqualini meddling. :lol:

Torts
Sestito
Volpatti
Pinnizotto
Mancari
Corrado
Luongo
Duco
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Man, it is going to be fun watching Torts and the local media go at it. LMAO!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey Doc, what's the deal with Gillis, does he have a thing for wops? It must be Aqualini meddling. :lol:

Torts
Sestito
Volpatti
Pinnizotto
Mancari
Corrado
Luongo
Duco
Just like my TV show :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder how Canuck alumni's

Bobby Manno
Momesso
Tambellini(s)
Tanti
Ciccone
Bertuzzi
Capuano

Like this rumor
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hiring Torts would fall under the Bill Laforge territory of very bad moves by this Organization. If this does happen, Gillis the Players Agent will stand shoulder to shoulder with Jack Gordon as this franchises worse GM's in Canuck history. LMAO
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey Doc, what's the deal with Gillis, does he have a thing for wops? It must be Aqualini meddling. :lol:

Torts
Sestito
Volpatti
Pinnizotto
Mancari
Corrado
Luongo
Duco
Yeah is this sumuvabeetcha running a hockey team or a pizzeria?? :evil:

:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

Boston Canucker wrote:If one of the objectives for a new coach is to work on developing young players, I'm not so sure how Torts then fits here. He had some successes (Callahan and a number of the D men did blossom under his coaching, it is true) but he can also be brutal, loook at Kreider. I don't know. I didn't see Torts get Nash/Gaborik etc to go to that next level, and his pp was crap, so I don't see the fit. Maybe his nutjob bullying could work for a year or two, pull off a run to the Cup, but that seems a hail mary pass. If Gillis is looking for a coach who can be a long term guy, work with the young guys as you develop the transition to the next core of leaders over the next 5-7 years then Torts is surely the wrong guy. I hope he's not hired. Stevens seems to make sense, and Bylsma is be becomes free.
If they hire Torts, I guess I will simply sigh and see what happens. Not a big fan of this hypothetical hire.

However, when you mention he can be brutal in developing young players... 8 playoff games and replacing Brad Richards in one of them is not such bad treatment for Kreider. Tough love short term would surely work on some. When I look at Torts, I see emergence of Hagelin, Boyle (2011/2012), as well as revival of Brassard who I thought was a lost case. He should also be credited with trusting young Moore in key moments of the season.

Then again, I recall Torts going to the media about the very same Hagelin and spewing shit like he sucks on power play. Not my idea of encouragement.

Someone here or on HFB put it straightforward: think of Torts as your eventual boss. Yay or nay? Exactly...