2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Stanley Cup Finals Boston vs. Chicago

Post by Lancer »

BurningBeard wrote:Captain invisible is going to take a beating. Can't wait to see Kane choking on his mouth guard. Before they played Vancouver, Boston was my favorite team out East, and Chara has always been one of my favorite players. Regardless of my preference, I'm tempted to predict that Chicago is going be embarrassed.
The league would have it no other way. :roll:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I wonder if some whack job set off a bomb in Vancouver, during a telethon for a children's hospital or something, if the world would get a big love on for us, or if the eastern media would simply shrug and say we deserved it?

Go Bruins.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

F---k the Bruins, f---k the shit-hawkes, F----k Buttman, and most of all f---k the no-credibility ref system the NHL employs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

okcanuck wrote:F---k the Bruins, f---k the shit-hawkes, F----k Buttman, and most of all f---k the no-credibility ref system the NHL employs.
You forgot the Diaz brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaCMvISo7RE
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Go anyone who can injure weasel face Marchand or dirty Duncan

I cheer for injuries
:thumbs:
If you need air...call it in
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Go anyone who can injure weasel face Marchand or dirty Duncan

I cheer for injuries
In this series, +1! :twisted:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I didn't think I could cheer for a clear loser in this one, but for sure it's boston to lose for me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hate everything about Chicago.

GO BIG BAD BRUINS!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BurningBeard wrote:Captain invisible is going to take a beating. Can't wait to see Kane choking on his mouth guard. Before they played Vancouver, Boston was my favorite team out East, and Chara has always been one of my favorite players. Regardless of my preference, I'm tempted to predict that Chicago is going be embarrassed.
Same here (except for the part about Chara).

I still don't hate Boston. Always liked them.

I think Chara is incredibly smart defensively, and no slouch offensively. I also think he should spend WAY more time in the penalty box than he does. I think he gets a pass because he's so big and is considered one of the games premiere all-star defensemen. The guy could easily be assessed a slashing or holding penalty on every shift. I lost all respect for him when he was in Ottawa. They were playing Tampa, there was a scrum, so he decided he wanted to fight Lecavalier. Vinnie just skated away from him trying to avoid him, Chara just chased him down. That was bullshit. 5 inches and 50 pounds bigger, yeah, chase a guy who doesn't want to fight until he's got no choice. When he went to Boston I started liking Ottawa again back east and liked Boston less.

Once Boston got Marchand I couldn't handle it. I think he's a prick, a damned effective one, but a dirty player who I have absolutely zero respect for.

Oh, and Julien is a complete ass hat.....but apparently a decent hockey coach.

But I still have to say I don't hate the Bruins.

I've always hated the Hawks. I hope Boston sweeps 'em.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Mëds wrote:Vinnie just skated away from him trying to avoid him, Chara just chased him down.
It's easier to like him if you don't think of him as a human being or a hockey player, but rather a giant emotionless monster.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
Same here (except for the part about Chara).

I still don't hate Boston. Always liked them.

I think Chara is incredibly smart defensively, and no slouch offensively. I also think he should spend WAY more time in the penalty box than he does. I think he gets a pass because he's so big and is considered one of the games premiere all-star defensemen. The guy could easily be assessed a slashing or holding penalty on every shift. I lost all respect for him when he was in Ottawa. They were playing Tampa, there was a scrum, so he decided he wanted to fight Lecavalier. Vinnie just skated away from him trying to avoid him, Chara just chased him down. That was bullshit. 5 inches and 50 pounds bigger, yeah, chase a guy who doesn't want to fight until he's got no choice. When he went to Boston I started liking Ottawa again back east and liked Boston less.

Once Boston got Marchand I couldn't handle it. I think he's a prick, a damned effective one, but a dirty player who I have absolutely zero respect for.

Oh, and Julien is a complete ass hat.....but apparently a decent hockey coach.

But I still have to say I don't hate the Bruins.

I've always hated the Hawks. I hope Boston sweeps 'em.
Ass hat !? Are you comparing me to Juilien! Why You half baked ambulance driver, for start he's French it's Hass Att :twisted:

Yeah I'm pullin for da bruins too, though I do gotta hand it to that fukker Marchand, he is effective and I wish he was a Canuck.

Actually I pretty much wish the whole squad were Canucks

In fact you could just pretty much swap the B for a V and I'd be happy :(
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Superb game! OT

Lucic for Boston or Seabrook for Chitown

BC connection.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:Superb game! OT

I hope this game goes all night!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I just wish there was a way both teams could lose. Like the WJC in Finland long time ago when Canada and Soviet squared off in the final. A gigantic on ice brawl involving all players ensued and the officials decided to disqualify both teams and handed the gold to the winner of the bronze game....

:lol:

One can dream, can't one? :wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Can you imagine if they'd dared to call an OT Sedin Special on Bos or Chi last night? The outrage would be off the charts. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society