The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The mildly ridiculous trade proposals thread

Post by SKYO »

Or just fucking fix the defense finally with going all out in trying to acquire Shea Weber.
Where it would cost Gillis - Edler, Burrows and Schroeder.

Garrison - Weber
Hamhuis - Bieksa

Additional positives out of that trade besides getting a right side Norris trophy type dman is that it would force Kassian to develop faster, as he'd finally have a roster spot available on one of the top two lines with Burrows dealt.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

SKYO wrote:Or just fucking fix the defense finally with going all out in trying to acquire Shea Weber.
Where it would cost Gillis - Edler, Burrows and Schroeder.

Garrison - Weber
Hamhuis - Bieksa

Additional positives out of that trade besides getting a right side Norris trophy type dman is that it would force Kassian to develop faster, as he'd finally have a roster spot available on one of the top two lines with Burrows dealt.
If a package like that could get the deal done, I am sure MG will be all over it. Unfortunately, David Poile would go for that though.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Flyers have apparently said the Schenn brothers and Couturier??(sp) could be available for the right help on defence. Not all three at once but you get the idea. If they do buy out Bryz they could also be interested in Luongo. I know a lot of people say no way but what I was hearing last season was that the Flyers were one of a few teams that said if Luongo was still available this off season they may be in a position to make the trade. So one never knows.

They like blockbusters those Flyers do, so how about Luongo and Edler for....
The only HW the Canucks need
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

vic wrote:
Knucklehead wrote: Here's a really wild one:
Loungo
Kessler
Booth
Bieksa
Tannev
Ballard

:bang:
It's AV's fault.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Flyers have apparently said the Schenn brothers and Couturier??(sp) could be available for the right help on defence. Not all three at once but you get the idea. If they do buy out Bryz they could also be interested in Luongo. I know a lot of people say no way but what I was hearing last season was that the Flyers were one of a few teams that said if Luongo was still available this off season they may be in a position to make the trade. So one never knows.

They like blockbusters those Flyers do, so how about Luongo and Edler for....
This is the kind of move that would be very interesting. I'd rather a bit more of an established player or high end draft pick for Edler. Question is, how much is Luongo worth? We know Edler would be worth a great deal, but is Luongo worth a second rounder as we have recently been led to believe or is he worth a Schenn or is he worth more?

Philly has always been a team we've thought might be in the mix if this dragged out to this summer. I guess we'll find out soon. Either way, I'm looking forward to this whole Luongo situation being in the rear view mirror.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

dbr wrote:
vic wrote: It's AV's fault.
Finally, you get it...

:thumbs:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Luongo and Edler would go a long way to helping them with their goalie and defensive issues but still not enough of a fix for them, especially if it means parting with some younger players. They would also have to be prepared to buy out Bryz.

I think they would be interested in Edler but I'm not so sure on Luongo, especially with their penchant for getting goalies in there that flop. I could see them taking a chance on Fluery or Miller first.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote:Luongo and Edler would go a long way to helping them with their goalie and defensive issues but still not enough of a fix for them, especially if it means parting with some younger players. They would also have to be prepared to buy out Bryz.

I think they would be interested in Edler but I'm not so sure on Luongo, especially with their penchant for getting goalies in there that flop. I could see them taking a chance on Fluery or Miller first.
Heard that they are prepared to buy out Bryz asap, Edler and Luongo on the Flyers team would pretty much fix all of their problems.

*I like how Holmgren has no patience and hates waiting, he see's something he wants and goes hard after it.
MG probably can pull a deal here, but he can't take his sweet old time, analyzing the situation and see how the league is trending this past season.
Last edited by SKYO on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

If MG does send Luongo and Edler to Philly for some players back (too many options to look at) I will personally go down to Rogers Arena and plant a big wet on areas where the sun don't shine and then proceed to bow down and ask for his forgivness about ever doubting him.

But then pigs would probably have a better chance of flying before this type of deal ever happens.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:If MG does send Luongo and Edler to Philly for some players back (too many options to look at) I will personally go down to Rogers Arena and plant a big wet on areas where the sun don't shine and then proceed to bow down and ask for his forgivness about ever doubting him.

But then pigs would probably have a better chance of flying before this type of deal ever happens.

Can you put it on You Tube?
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:If MG does send Luongo and Edler to Philly for some players back (too many options to look at) I will personally go down to Rogers Arena and plant a big wet on areas where the sun don't shine and then proceed to bow down and ask for his forgivness about ever doubting him.

Can you put it on You Tube?
I'm sure you'll be able to catch the arrest on the evening news.
2011..... the one that got away.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mondi wrote:Schneider and Kesler, for Malkin and MAF.
Hmmm... that would be a very interesting and tempting deal. I think I'd do it if Pitts was game.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If you are Pittsburg you have to be worried about Crosby's concussion history. Which means you never consider letting Malkin go. Honestly the team played better without Crosby and Crosby played soft once he took his full face shield off. I would trade Crosby before I would trade Malkin. Just saying.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:If you are Pittsburg you have to be worried about Crosby's concussion history. Which means you never consider letting Malkin go. Honestly the team played better without Crosby and Crosby played soft once he took his full face shield off. I would trade Crosby before I would trade Malkin. Just saying.
Yes, I could see a Pat Lafontaine situation here with Sidney. He showed poor leadership in the Boston Series, if anything Malkin was the better player in that series...but Sid is a golden boy and they would most certainly move Malkin ahead of Sid.

I think the loss of Jordan Staal really hurt the Pens in the Playoffs. Staal was good in the playoffs for the Pens.

But goaltending and defense is a real sore spot for the Pens
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They could trade Crosby, MAF, re-sign Iginla and Morrow and fix all of their problems.