2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Discussion

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: 2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Discussion

Post by donlever »

herb wrote:It's nice to know our collective hate for Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawks has not dwindled one bit.
For every Kesler, Burrows, Lappierre and Bieksa there is a Toews, Kane, Bolland and Keith.

Punks one and all.

(Their coach is easily more detestable than our most recent incarnation as well...)
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

donlever wrote:
herb wrote:It's nice to know our collective hate for Jonathan Toews and the Blackhawks has not dwindled one bit.
For every Kesler, Burrows, Lappierre and Bieksa there is a Toews, Kane, Bolland and Keith.

Punks one and all.

(Their coach is easily more detestable than our most recent incarnation as well...)
Agree for the most part; but Toews is too much of a bitch to be a punk.
2011..... the one that got away.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

donlever wrote:For every Kesler, Burrows, Lappierre and Bieksa there is a Toews, Kane, Bolland and Keith.

Punks one and all.

I hate how Toews is portrayed as this good old Canadian kid and a great leader, when he really comes across as an immature, whiny bitch. If he were European, he'd be one of the league's most hated players.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Anderson doing a good impersonation of Luongo.

Ottawa done and once again Bettman is happy as there are no Canadian teams left.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:Anderson doing a good impersonation of Luongo.

Ottawa done and once again Bettman is happy as there are no Canadian teams left.
Well you wouldn't want Pittsburgh to get too worn out before they face off against Bos/NYR for the conference final, would you? :roll:

Yeah, Buttman must be dancing a jig and throwing Super Mario a high-five.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Now who the fuck do we root for? Iggy?
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:

Honestly, when it comes down to it, I can't cheer for a team that goes out and tries to buy a championship.

The Rangers did that for years up until a salary cap was finally implemented.

Yankees, Knicks, Heat, leaves, Lakers.....there's a longer list than that.

My hate for the Rangers runs back to 1994, hate for the Bruins.....well it was only for 2011 and 2012. I used to be OK with the Bruins, they've had plenty of players worth cheering for over the years. Orr, Esposito, Bourque, Janney, Oates, Neely, Bucyk, O'Reilly, Cheevers, Cashman, RIvers.....there are quite a few. I've never been a Chara fan, I think a guy that big should be held to the same rule book as everyone else, but too much gets let go because "he's just so strong". He's a really good, smart, defenseman, but I've just never liked him. Watching him go after Lecavalier when he was still with Ottawa, and then the way he bullied the Sedins after the whistle.....garbage. But I don't fully despise him. Marchand is another matter. He's a player you just can't respect no matter what. But that's only 2 guys. They play a big, physical, mean, game of hockey in Beantown, and they work for every inch of ice they take.

The Pens simply stacked their team this year. I hope they fail. I don't want to see Malkin get another ring. I think Fleury is junk and will puke if he gets his name on the Cup again. Letang is a pussy. Cooke, well he's changed, but he's still a loser. Iginla? I would rather see him work for it and win it after putting in a whole season with the team, and I just can't bring myself to cheer for the Penguins even with him there.

I do NOT want to see San Jose or Chicago advance.

Hoping for a Kings vs Bruins (physical battle that would be) or a Wings vs Bruins (original six matchup).

If it's the Red Wings, then we'll see how the refs call shit. If the Bruins are kept honest we'll know exactly which way the wind blows and so will the rest of the world.....because the Canucks and the Red Wings play nearly identical games after the whistle, so if Detroit enjoys power-play after power-play it sets the stage for some interesting questions to be posed to the league.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Red bull has WINGS!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Arachnid wrote:

and the Stooges
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Mëds wrote: Honestly, when it comes down to it, I can't cheer for a team that goes out and tries to buy a championship.

The Pens spent less then us on payroll this year.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Mëds wrote: Honestly, when it comes down to it, I can't cheer for a team that goes out and tries to buy a championship.

The Pens spent less then us on payroll this year.
Yes Pot, we spent more than anyone.....I know.

I was referring to the Rags' history.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So you don't cheer for the Vancouver Canucks then?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Ummm who have the Canucks thrown huge money at to sign off of the UFA market?

The team we see here today has been built from within or via trade.

In a cap era it doesn't apply, but I still hate teams that have tried to do it before with their deeper pockets.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Ummm who have the Canucks thrown huge money at to sign off of the UFA market?

The team we see here today has been built from within or via trade.

In a cap era it doesn't apply, but I still hate teams that have tried to do it before with their deeper pockets.
i.e. Hamhius, Garrison, Sundin, not to mention the fat contracts he gave the players he inherited. Don't matter...where are the Canucks amongst the rest of the league on spending? I will save you the trouble, 1st overall - http://capgeek.com/# Does that not somewhat equate to trying to buy a championship?

Boy, talk about a massive failure, the team with the biggest payroll gets knocked out of the first round of the NHL playoffs two years in a row.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote:
Boy, talk about a massive failure, the team with the biggest payroll gets knocked out of the first round of the NHL playoffs two years in a row.
:shock:

What.The.Fuck. has happened to our team for fuck sakes...no wonder the entire hockey universe hates the Canucks

Exhibit A.

I mean for real? They made a fuckin hat for that shit????
If you need air...call it in