Cup Poll.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Do you think Vancouver will win the Cup this year? No qualifications.

Yes.
41%
No.
59%

Total votes: 44

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Cup Poll.

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Maybe.
2011..... the one that got away.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Pick a team, any team, & betting odds say they're probably not going to win the cup.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Vegas has us @ 10-1...that's worth a 10 spot! :D

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

If the question was "Do you hope Vancouver will win the cup" you would likely have 100% Yes answers.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

If you voted no, please return your "we are all Canucks" card at the door.

Big Tuna is waiting to give you a salad toss over at the leaves playoff thread...
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Big Tuna is waiting to give you a salad toss over at the leaves playoff thread...
If you need air...call it in
darren
CC Veteran

Post by darren »

sagebrush wrote:Pick a team, any team, & betting odds say they're probably not going to win the cup.
This.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:If you voted no, please return your "we are all Canucks" card at the door.

Big Tuna is waiting to give you a salad toss over at the leaves playoff thread...
There's a difference between wanting them to and thinking they will.

If you are watching the game against Dallas right now then you know what I mean.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Yeah I get it, you want to remain realistic. However there is plenty of time in the summer for sober realistic reflection. Right now you gotta get behind the team otherwise there will be no room on the bandwagon when they go on a roll...

Fanboy faith and optimism is the order of the day, this is a Canuck site its okay to have blind faith.

Besides making any judgements based on these last games is a mugs errand. As I've said before this a veteran squad they know that its the last game of the year that counts and getting to the dance that matters.

Sure they should be winning these games but the fact they aren't Isnt any indication of what level of play they are capable of.

On paper they are better than most and have done better than should be expected with the amount they have had to lean on their AHL players.

I figure as a Fan I owe my faith that they can win till they prove me wrong by being eliminated ...
Until then fuck yeah Stanley cup or bust!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Besides making any judgements based on these last games is a mugs errand.
:eh: :look:
How long you been in Limey-land again?
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think no. I would luv to be wrong, but we just don't have the horses (players wise and depth). There was a glimmer of hope when Kes came back and was playing well, but then the injury bug hit a few other key players like Higgy, Tan-Man and Bieska. I could see us maybe making the 2nd round, but doubt any further. The only way we go far is if we have a few guys get red hot and play way above their heads/abilities. Some lucky bounces would really help too.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Besides making any judgements based on these last games is a mugs errand. As I've said before this a veteran squad they know that its the last game of the year that counts and getting to the dance that matters.

Sure they should be winning these games but the fact they aren't Isnt any indication of what level of play they are capable of.
This veteran squad lost the second last game of the year last season to Calgary, and then won the last game against Edmonton. They were bounced by the Kings in 5. The Kings had been playing playoff hockey for a month solid at that point. It wasn't even a contest. This veteran squad was caught flat footed and looked lost.
ukcanuck wrote: On paper they are better than most and have done better than should be expected with the amount they have had to lean on their AHL players.

I figure as a Fan I owe my faith that they can win till they prove me wrong by being eliminated ...
On paper they have been one of the best teams in the league for the last 3 or 4 seasons. Hasn't meant a thing.

I definitely echo your sentiments.....Stanley Cup or bust.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Besides making any judgements based on these last games is a mugs errand. As I've said before this a veteran squad they know that its the last game of the year that counts and getting to the dance that matters.

This veteran squad lost the second last game of the year last season to Calgary, and then won the last game against Edmonton. They were bounced by the Kings in 5. The Kings had been playing playoff hockey for a month solid at that point. It wasn't even a contest. This veteran squad was caught flat footed and looked lost.
ukcanuck wrote: On paper they are better than most and have done better than should be expected with the amount they have had to lean on their AHL players.

On paper they have been one of the best teams in the league for the last 3 or 4 seasons. Hasn't meant a thing.

I definitely echo your sentiments.....Stanley Cup or bust.
The kings made everyone look like shite last year, the Canucks were injured and worn out...one Sedin and not much else.

This season looks much better personnel wise and except for bieksa Tanev and Higgins being out now and no doubt affecting recent outcomes there's a lot of reason to be optimistic IMHO...
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

If they can get and stay healthy they have a good shot.

Unfortunatly this team never "gets" or "stays" healthy...
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Potatoe1 wrote:If they can get and stay healthy they have a good shot.

Unfortunatly this team never "gets" or "stays" healthy...
I would like to think it comes down to just being healthy; but man there have been some pretty uninspired hockey games latley against teams that were sellers on trade deadline day. I get league parity and I get the fact that these teams are loose and have nothing to lose but if the Canucks don't go into the playoffs on a bit of a roll from here on in I think they're going to last 5-6 games max.
2011..... the one that got away.