World Juniors 2013

Discuss Canada's National Teams in our Team Canada forum.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: World Juniors 2013

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Ya know what I love about this loss. The Don Cherry's of the Canadian Hockey Snobby World cannot use the excuse "Well, if they had all their best players, they would have won!" No excuses. Anyhow, where do you pin the blame? Pretty much everywhere, but seriously, Hockey Canada really, really, really needs to stop rolling out the red carpet for these kids, the personal chefs, massages, etc. Top Notch everything, that has to go. None of the other countries treat their players like Kings and Queens. What is concerning for me, is how Team Canada folds like a shitty tent as soon as they encounter a team that isn't afraid of them, not much guts in the past two WJC's for Team Canada. All along all ya heard from Team USA, we can beat, we are gonna beat them, we are better them, where the fuck is our moxy and cockiness, we are just a tad to proper for my liking.

The defense they chose was pretty fucking lame. Not saying that Dumba should have been there, but Dumba is the kind of D-man that can lay out some real nasty, mean checks. The D lacked that presence. Not enough character in that room. Not all that impressed with Huberdeau and Schieffle in the mean something games. The list goes on. Our biggest weakness was Defense, Goaltending, Coaching, Character/grit and puck possession and decision making. We need more of a Bobby 'Fuck You' Clarke attitude on team Canada than the nice guys
If it was any other tournament I would agree. But Dumba woulda been sitting on the sidelines. Look at some of the shit people were tossed out of games for. Camara gets 5 and a game for one of the cleanest hits I've ever seen. This tournament is for skill and hustle, not big bodies and hard hitters.

The other shit I agree with.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Our biggest weakness was Defense, Goaltending, Coaching, Character/grit and puck possession and decision making. We need more of a Bobby 'Fuck You' Clarke attitude on team Canada than the nice guys.
NOW YOU'RE TALKING DUDE!!! :thumbs:

BTW, nice to see you slagging a team other than your Vancouver Canucks big guy. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The asshole effect is not what is needed on the world jr. team. One of the biggest problems this team had was figuring out what an IIHF penalty is and spent to much time in the penalty box or the press box.

There was no cohesion to the team. It was a collection of individuals. Defensemen never never did play as pairs.

Too much emphasis was placed on the summer camp and Larionov tourney when it came to selection instead of the players performance in the here and now. Sprott admitted that when he picked Subban as his started despite being out performed by Billington in the selection camp and the pre tourney games. It enforced an entitlement attitude. As I noted earlier, too much Hollywood, not enough Frankie.

This falls directly at the feet of Hockey Canada and Sprott. I don't think anyone can argue that this wasn't a talented collection of individuals, but they never became a team.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:Not saying that Dumba should have been there, but Dumba is the kind of D-man that can lay out some real nasty, mean checks.
Real nasty, mean checks tend to get you suspended in international hockey (and increasingly in the NHL as well).
Thus I do not think that's a working strategy. Actually, it does seem that Canada initially tried to go that way, but with two guys suspended and one almost, but cleared after reviewing the videos, they had to go back to the drawing board.

Looking forward to the final tomorrow! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: The asshole effect is not what is needed on the world jr. team. One of the biggest problems this team had was figuring out what an IIHF penalty is and spent to much time in the penalty box or the press box.
Well... I... need it.

Bring on a leader who happens to be an asshole and work on the PK says I. :mex:

And oh yeah, find a decent goaltender.
Topper wrote: Sprott admitted that when he picked Subban as his started despite being out performed by Billington
:evil:
Topper wrote: As I noted earlier, too much Hollywood, not enough Frankie.
Yeah.... or not enough Clarkie. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sigh. Just what we needed - another silver. We have nine of them from the WJC, but only two golds (1981&2012). :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Per wrote:Sigh. Just what we needed - another silver. We have nine of them from the WJC, but only two golds (1981&2012). :evil:
Lol man are you looking for sympathy in the wrong place....perhaps try between "shit and syphillus" in the dictionary?