Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Never Mind the Bollocks RoyalGuido...

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

BTW (you stupid you-know-wot 8-) ) check it:

"You don't write 'God Save The Queen' because you hate the English race. You write a song like that because you love them, and you're fed up with them being mistreated."

- Johnny Rotten
Holy Hell, Doc...really?!?!?!? Is that what the song is about? Shite, thanks man.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
because some watery tart hands you a sword???
wasn't that you arguing against an autonomous collective over at creep's? 8-)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Cam Charron has a pretty interesting article today. The following part is about Booth which someone here said something similar before.

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2012/08/17 ... ed-nobody/
4. CAN DAVID BOOTH PRODUCE LIKE A TOP-SIX FORWARD?

Mathematically, there can be 180 top-six forwards in the NHL. David Booth was 148th in goal-scoring last season, but he only played 62 games thanks to an injury. He was 119th in goals per game, but he didn’t see much powerplay time. He was 111th among all players in goal-scoring per even strength minute. Filter out the players who don’t play much, he’s 81st.

Maybe the question should be “does Dan Rosen known was a top-six forward produces like”?

If Booth plays a full season, scores 20-plus goals and produces 50-plus points, the Canucks would be happy.

A lot of people don’t understand how few players score 50 points. Only 100 forwards do, which means that 50 points is closer to being “top-three” production rather than “top-six” production. If David Booth cracks the top 120 in the league in scoring, he’s a good top-six forward, period.

They need to see some consistency out of a player who is signed for three more seasons with a cap hit of $4.25 million.

Never forget: A 10-goal scorer is more consistent than a 30-goal scorer.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yep, lots of people have been saying that. Booth already produced at a satisfactory rate given his role. Those committed to criticizing this player no matter what don't wish to acknowledge this (or the fact that there are easily 70 forwards with higher cap hits than Booth), but that's another matter.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords, is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
In reality, Supreme executive power is usually derived from the guy(s) with the gun(s).

"Alright you primitive screwheads - listen up! Ya see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!"

Boomstick

The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Hahaha - Army of Darkness...

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Potatoe1 wrote:Again, I would encourage you to stop crying. No one likes a crybaby.
I’ll do my best, big guy.
Potatoe1 wrote:No I think he will score...
I just dont think he will score enough to off set his deficiencies.
Again why have Grabner at 30 to 45 points when Chris Higgesn gets you that number and also plays a gritty 2-way game. How manny points does grabner need to outscore Higgens by to justify a spot in the top6 ?
Again, I think last year was an anomaly. So if your estimation of Grabner’s future points is correct then I would agree with your stance. I just don’t agree with your estimation.
Potatoe1 wrote:There is a "massive" difference between winning a cup and being capable of winning a cup. The Canucks made it as far as a team can make it without actually winning so IMO they are very clearly capable of winning it all. That of course does not mean they will. Personally I think that Luck plays a fairly major factor in who ultimately wins it all. I think there are 5 or 6 teams capable of winning most years, who hoists the mug is typically the team with some luck with regard to injuries, match ups, bounces, and how the game is reffed. Look at LA this year... Yes they have a very talented group who played really well, but they were almost 100% healthy, got a ton of good bounces, incredibly good match upps, and the "put the whistle away" reffing style played right into their strength. Take any of the 5 or 6 top teams in the league, present a similar set of circumstances, and the results will be quite predictable.
So all of that said, all things being equal, including luck and injuries, are you saying that you feel the Canucks had a 50/50 shot at beating Boston or/and LA?
Potatoe1 wrote:Though I am sort of confused as to why the poster in question was using 2 user names.

My apologies for your confusion. Please read previous postings regarding same should that be of concern to you.
Potatoe1 wrote:So is David Booth still a 30 goal man, Mason Raymond going to get 25 this year?
I don't think they will necessarily repeat last year's performance or that of the year before. That was the point. Gravitating away from our argument and to the thread topic, specifically respecting Booth, I think he will surprise and have a bounceback year this year (assuming there is a year).
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Again, I would encourage you to stop crying. No one likes a crybaby.
I’ll do my best, big guy.
Potatoe1 wrote:No I think he will score...
I just dont think he will score enough to off set his deficiencies.
Again why have Grabner at 30 to 45 points when Chris Higgesn gets you that number and also plays a gritty 2-way game. How manny points does grabner need to outscore Higgens by to justify a spot in the top6 ?

Sorry Gino / DonCherry but there is a certain "credibility standard" and you fail to meet it.

Not only did you whine and cry but you knowingly used a sock account until Stranglove busted you.

Now you sit quiet for over a week despite logging in multiple times and now you want to pick things up.

Not going to happen.

You aren't credible and thus the discussion is pointless.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Potatoe1 wrote:Sorry Gino / DonCherry but there is a certain "credibility standard" and you fail to meet it.

Not only did you whine and cry but you knowingly used a sock account until Stranglove busted you.

Now you sit quiet for over a week despite logging in multiple times and now you want to pick things up.

Not going to happen.

You aren't credible and thus the discussion is pointless.
:lol: I haven't logged in for almost a week, but thanks for attempting to keep tabs on me. I didn't realize this oh-so-hot debate required daily attention.

As per the sock account, I already explained myself and am not going to reiterate.

"Credibility standard" - I don't feel the need vindicate myself to you. If that means you want to ignore my comments in the future that is your prerogative. :thumbs:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Potatoe1 wrote: Sorry Gino / DonCherry but there is a certain "credibility standard" and you fail to meet it.
I thought there was only a "credibility standard" for rumors/insider info? :shock:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there. Can't wait til we get Raymond back in the line-up, I once again love the speed and skill of this team up front.

The pressure is still on for Hodgson to prove his worth but he has a bit of a window now until Raymond gets back. I can see a Hodgson, Hansen, Raymond line, or a Hodgson, Higgins and Hansen line and putting Raymond back with Kesler and dropping that bum Manny "Media and Fan Favorite Ryan Johnson All Hustle and No Finish Hands Of Stone" Malhotra down to the 4th line.

I keep hearing rumors that the Canucks are loading the decks for an offer sheet on Weber. Even Bob Mackenzie hinted at that.

A luongo salary dump this off-season is looking all the more likely, IMHO. I don't expect much back, just more of a "phew, nice to get that off our books" in return.

I don't understand the Turris rumors, the guy is a fucking centre. We got centres coming out of our asses
Lol
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Nice dirty trick!
Makes me glad I', a newby
"evolution"
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I love this trade, I see Booth as maybe doing what Patrick Sharp did for Chicago when the Flyers gave up on him and being that guy for us. The guy has a real nose for the net and may excel in a hotbed hockey environment, playing on good hockey team. He's got speed and plays on the edge should by all accounts be a 30 goal guy,. I think him and his buddy Kesler may turn out to be quite the scarey combo out there. Can't wait til we get Raymond back in the line-up, I once again love the speed and skill of this team up front.

The pressure is still on for Hodgson to prove his worth but he has a bit of a window now until Raymond gets back. I can see a Hodgson, Hansen, Raymond line, or a Hodgson, Higgins and Hansen line and putting Raymond back with Kesler and dropping that bum Manny "Media and Fan Favorite Ryan Johnson All Hustle and No Finish Hands Of Stone" Malhotra down to the 4th line.

I keep hearing rumors that the Canucks are loading the decks for an offer sheet on Weber. Even Bob Mackenzie hinted at that.

A luongo salary dump this off-season is looking all the more likely, IMHO. I don't expect much back, just more of a "phew, nice to get that off our books" in return.

I don't understand the Turris rumors, the guy is a fucking centre. We got centres coming out of our asses
Lol
Jesus, how long and how much of your ebbing life energy did that take?
Great take down on a god damn Canuck message board. You get a gold star on your lifes accomplishments

8-)

I'm glad I never typed anything controversial or hypocritical on here :lol:

:eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Arachnid wrote:
I'm glad I never typed anything worth reading on here :lol:

:eh: