Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Acquire David Booth & Parts + Various Rumours

Post by Chef Boi RD »

FAN wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Potatoe1 prolly wouldn't have been so condescending if he knew you were a long-timer.
Now isn't that nice? Bullying newcomers instead of welcoming them?
LMAO...The arrogant, pompous Cockney Limey Bastard Doc don't care if you are new or old, his middle name is 'Condescending'. It's the English Anglo Saxon way, everyone else is below them...it's just how it is with the Cockney bastards, it's the sort of stuff they teach at the Protestant congregation of all protestant congregations, Westminster Abbey, where Prince Charles carries on with his pedophilia ways when not wishing he was Camilla Bowles tampon.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Cornuck wrote: This thread was bought back to life to discuss the effectiveness of David Booth, and his place on the Canucks. :?
I think Booth needs more time to show his worth to the Canucks. The problem with Booth is that he had no playoff experience and came to a team expected to contend for the Cup. A lot of players suck in their first playoff series and Booth was one of them.

I think Booth was acquired in part due to his contract. On the surface, picking up a contract with 3 more years (after the 11-12 season) at a $4.25M might appear to be a big risk, but Booth is a 20 goal 40 point guy who has scored over 30 goals before. Given the way the cap has risen, I think Gillis might have bet on Booth's contract turning into a decent one. Personally, I see Booth as an asset that Gillis can package in a trade, but for now Booth gives the team a legitimate top 6 player to play with Kesler.

I think it's going to be real interesting to see how many guys Gillis signs to an extension. There's about 6-7 roster players up front who are going to be UFAs next summer.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

FAN wrote: Maybe you should refresh yourself on the guidelines.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8551
In the end, discussions will get heated, opinions will be debated ad nauseum and all we're asking is that a civil tone is used. What might be ok between you and someone else, might not be ok with the dozens of other posters that read it.
Really ???

It was all good but you had to lob another fart on the fire.

Take your fanpon out bra.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FAN wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Potatoe1 prolly wouldn't have been so condescending if he knew you were a long-timer.
Now isn't that nice? Bullying newcomers instead of welcoming them?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote:
Strangelove wrote: WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!! :(
That would be nice, put the Jesus feet away for the summer and leave the walking on water to others better suited.
Yeah I was going for IRONY there Freddy. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: everyone else is below them...
.... especially you-know-wots! :wink:

Such a cheeky monkey....

Back on topic: I'm predicting 27 goals for David Booth (without #1 PP time = damn fine!).

Anyone else got any predictions? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

FAN wrote: I think Booth needs more time to show his worth to the Canucks. The problem with Booth is that he had no playoff experience and came to a team expected to contend for the Cup. A lot of players suck in their first playoff series and Booth was one of them.

I think Booth was acquired in part due to his contract. On the surface, picking up a contract with 3 more years (after the 11-12 season) at a $4.25M might appear to be a big risk, but Booth is a 20 goal 40 point guy who has scored over 30 goals before. Given the way the cap has risen, I think Gillis might have bet on Booth's contract turning into a decent one. Personally, I see Booth as an asset that Gillis can package in a trade, but for now Booth gives the team a legitimate top 6 player to play with Kesler.
Agreed.
FAN wrote: I think it's going to be real interesting to see how many guys Gillis signs to an extension. There's about 6-7 roster players up front who are going to be UFAs next summer.
Of the seven, I think most folks don't give a flying fuck about Volpatti & Ebbet. And if they do THEY SHOULDN’T. Most prolly figure Raymond & Manny will be gone in one year if not sooner... and most prolly feel the sooner the better. Burrows will be signed (just over $4mil per?). Lappy will be offered something fair ($1.6mil?) - if he says no, let him walk, no biggie. Likewise Higgins (something fair = close to $3mil??).
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Boy, you can tell we've entered the dog days of summer! :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:Boy, you can tell we've entered the dog days of summer! :thumbs:
Yes well one must admit RD especially is coming across as some sort of rabid MUT. Image

One wonders why said mongrel is seemingly so unseemly angry with yours truly! :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Strangelove wrote:
ODB wrote:Boy, you can tell we've entered the dog days of summer! :thumbs:
Yes well one must admit RD especially is coming across as some sort of rabid MUT. Image

One wonders why said mongrel is seemingly so unseemly angry with yours truly! :crazy:
Who knows what's rattling around in that head?

If I were to venture a guess... Italians love their pasta!. I betcha his mammy makes him a big ol plate of spaghetti every time he stops in for a visit constantly reaffirming negative realities.... or some shit like that???
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: everyone else is below them...
.... especially you-know-wots! :wink:

Such a cheeky monkey....

Back on topic: I'm predicting 27 goals for David Booth (without #1 PP time = damn fine!).

Anyone else got any predictions? :mex:

i predicted 24-28 goals and 33-39 assists...waaaay before you did...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: i predicted 24-28 goals and 33-39 assists...waaaay before you did...lol
:shock:

That's about 10 more assists than I'd predict, but here's hopin big guy.

Now, how many teammates will he convert to Christianity - THAT is the question! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Really ???

It was all good but you had to lob another fart on the fire.

Take your fanpon out bra.
Are you suggesting that Cocco Canuck's post was appropriate and you have a problem with my suggestion for him to review the board's guidelines?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

FAN wrote: Are you suggesting that Cocco Canuck's post was appropriate and you have a problem with my suggestion for him to review the board's guidelines?
I think he, me, Coco, and just about everyone else is suggesting that you stop crying.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
rats19 wrote: i predicted 24-28 goals and 33-39 assists...waaaay before you did...lol
:shock:

That's about 10 more assists than I'd predict, but here's hopin big guy.

Now, how many teammates will he convert to Christianity - THAT is the question! :lol:
the 33 part or the 39 part..cuz....:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….