The BS Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The BS Suspension Thread

Post by mathonwy »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... vekDx7vLYF

This honey badger mentality's got to stop. Will someone please think of the kids???
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Bruin ... story.html

Both Marchand and Chiarelli fined for their comments. You do see what happened here don't you? Marchand asked for clarification of the type of hit before the season started. He was told if it was a defensive play, where he was bracing and protecting himself from a hit, and it wasn't a clip, it was legal. So that explains why immediately after the play Marchand, Chiarelli and Juliann all went straight to that party line. They knew the only chance they had to defend Marchand was pre-emptive. The other side of that is that they want to eliminate part of Ballard and Hamhuis's game and get a bug in the ear of officials about their hip checking.

Marchand knows what he did and why.

As for the Thornton thing, come on, Thornton attacked Burrows and so his teammates jumped in to his defence. Are you seriously telling me that the Bruins are simply not the best in this type of pack mentality? Thornton is a HW, a goon, a goon I would take on my team mind you but then again I'd take Marchand too.

This is about the pot calling the kettle black. This is about a team that is still sore there was no suspension over the Savard hit. This is a team that pretends to play within the limits and cries about everyone else. This is a team who has successfully whined and lobbied in the past to make sure their players don't get suspended for dirty career ending hits. Looked at how they characterized the Rome hit, a clean hit just a fraction late, a timing play and they lobbied hard after that to make sure he got suspended. The same team that ended Raymond's playoffs, almost ended his career with a cheap boarding play that had intent all over it and yet they got away unpenalized.

And this is about a little punk, who I'd still have on my team, who sees nothing wrong with glove punching Sedin and was surprised Sedin did not retaliate and that he wasn't penalized so he kept doing it. And that makes him a man I guess. Funny how he wouldn't do that to Bieksa isn't it. Hell he wouldn't even do that to Burrows. This is a guy who refuses to see and acknowledge what he did was deliberate and intentional and therefore has no intention of changing his game. Well, I hope he does go out and do it again and I hope the next suspension is 10-15 games, especially in light of the fact he has not called out the league general and Shanny in particular.

The Canucks by the way are also now seeking clarification on the hip check to ensure that the refs don;t decide to start calling all their hip checks as clips. And the Raymond hit, yes it was declared to be totally protective and Raymond does not use this move as part of his repertoire of dangerous hits. Ya, like he, just like Salo, are dirty players.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sticky wrote:Here are a couple of questions for you if you subscribe to the fallacy that it was a hipcheck...

-When was the last time you saw a legal hipcheck where the hitter leads with his head?
-If it is safe to assume that a hipcheck is executed with a hip (or the rear end), which of those was used by Marchand?
Since Marchand is nothing but an ass, it doesn't matter which body part he uses - it can still be considered a hipcheck.
:wink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Per wrote:
Sticky wrote:Here are a couple of questions for you if you subscribe to the fallacy that it was a hipcheck...

-When was the last time you saw a legal hipcheck where the hitter leads with his head?
-If it is safe to assume that a hipcheck is executed with a hip (or the rear end), which of those was used by Marchand?
Since Marchand is nothing but an ass, it doesn't matter which body part he uses - it can still be considered a hipcheck.
:rockin:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... vekDx7vLYF

This honey badger mentality's got to stop. Will someone please think of the kids???
LOL! :lol:

Love the comment from crazypsycholoser in Nanaimo:
"If Matt Coke and Sean Avery had a baby, it would be Brad Marchand."
:mrgreen:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: And this is about a little punk, who I'd still have on my team, who sees nothing wrong with glove punching Sedin and was surprised Sedin did not retaliate and that he wasn't penalized so he kept doing it. And that makes him a man I guess. Funny how he wouldn't do that to Bieksa isn't it. Hell he wouldn't even do that to Burrows. This is a guy who refuses to see and acknowledge what he did was deliberate and intentional and therefore has no intention of changing his game. Well, I hope he does go out and do it again and I hope the next suspension is 10-15 games, especially in light of the fact he has not called out the league general and Shanny in particular.
We have had enough of this type of player on our team, imo. I think he could help us win, but as a fan it's very hard to cheer for players with such destain for the game. Personally, I'm glad Kesler and Burrows cleaned up their act. I'm glad Lapierre is standing up for himself (and his actions) this season. It's a lot easier to cheer for players when they play the game hard, clean, and honestly.

Marchand is a goof. You gotta wonder when Cam Neely will put him in line. If anyone knows the results of dirty, low hits...

As for the next time he does it, I hope it's against a team with a real legit goon. And I hope said goon is on the ice. Because I honestly wouldn't mind a severe injury being inflicted on that little piece of shit.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote: We have had enough of this type of player on our team, imo. I think he could help us win, but as a fan it's very hard to cheer for players with such destain for the game. Personally, I'm glad Kesler and Burrows cleaned up their act. I'm glad Lapierre is standing up for himself (and his actions) this season. It's a lot easier to cheer for players when they play the game hard, clean, and honestly.

Marchand is a goof. You gotta wonder when Cam Neely will put him in line. If anyone knows the results of dirty, low hits...

As for the next time he does it, I hope it's against a team with a real legit goon. And I hope said goon is on the ice. Because I honestly wouldn't mind a severe injury being inflicted on that little piece of shit.
No, we don't. The Canucks have a few agitators (Burrows, Kesler, and Lapierre); however, they are not dirty players (You can argue about Burrow's biting incident last playoffs as dirty but none of those guys would intentionally hurt people with dirty cheap shots).

Yes, I would definitely be very mad if that dirty rat ends up being a Canuck.

Be careful, that dirty little rat might treat your statement above as a threat.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

Ulf Marchand?
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Marchand has hockey talent. I don't know if he played this way in Junior or if his "style" has come to being in the B's organization.

I would lose a lot of respect for MG if he were to obtain the little thug for the Canucks. Comparing Burrows, Kesler and Lappy to Marchand is laughable. Ya I've seen Kes & Burr use the stick but pretty much only in retaliation. Mouthy yes although much less than previously. I have yet to see any of our group resort to the tactics Marchand has used. Even if you take the Burrows biting or hair pulling into account these come nowhere near actions that could end another players career. Matt Cooke was the only Canuck player I can recall who played like Marchand.

Marchand wants to play with the big boys he has to learn that he is going to get hit. Being a smaller guy with a lower centre of gravity can work for you without doing what he did to Sami. Sami Isn't even what I would call a hitter so Marchand's "defense" is nothing but a crock of crap.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote:

LOFL Per!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Yes Marchand played that way in junior. His team mates didn't particularly like him for it.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

mathonwy wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=385800

Ference gets 3 games for boarding McDonagh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urfv3RYk8GQ

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... L|NHL|home

Not malicious but definitely reckless.

2 games for the hit and 1 game for playing on a team the league has basically had it with.
Orcasfan
CC Veteran

Post by Orcasfan »

I would love to see someone do the research (not me!) and post a list of all the Boston players with an up-to-date account of all their suspensions and fines! I think we would have hard evidence about just how dirty that team is. As far as Julien is concerned, the guy really is "stupid" if he continues to defend such blatant dirty play by his team. :mad:
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

McDonagh clearly should have ducked under the hit because that is what players should do to prevent guys from taking runs.