GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Beantown - 10am - Snet / NHLN-US

Post by Tciso »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Tciso wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:Manny still has a place on this roster as one of the leagues top f/o men and a solid penalty killer. He's may be still finding his game, but he continues to help this team in all defensive situations.
He's our 4th line center, but I'd trade him at the deadline for a rental, or a 2nd rounder. I love the guy, but he is expendable to the team. He'd really have to find his game in the next 20 games to survive the trade deadline if I was GM and a reasonable trade came along. There's a few teams who would love him for his cap hit next season, and defensive play.
Yeah, because a 2nd round pick will help this team succeed in the playoffs way more than Manny.

:roll:
Lol. no, but it will help the team a lot more than Manny's $2.5mil next season, and retirement the season the year after. Vote for me for GM. :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

Malholtra's face-offs over-rated? This the same Malholtra who has been top 3-5 in FO% most of the season?

Sure he's not in his top form right now, I still feel he's adjusting to his injury and the reduced vision that is inevitable. But he's one of our top PK'ers and dominates in FOs. Not the time to lose the guy!
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Per wrote:
Fred wrote:For me I thought Edler wore the goats horns today. He mishandled the puck so often and played a poor game. I wondered if indeed Edler was intimidated. I lost count the number of give aways he had soft passes up the middle, yuck.
Don't you have to lose a game before naming a goat? :eh:
Naw...he played brutal.Soft passes missing their target. He played like a rookie right out of junior. Not good, if Salo is injured I guess Tanev makes his first appearance of the year
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I think we should trade Cody Hodgson for Steve Downie, but we may have to throw in Schneider as well to make it happen. Raymond may not be enough of what Tampa is looking for.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote: off the ice
I don't give a shit what a player is like off the ice. I'm tired of the Trevor Linden good samaritan crap.
Glad you are not the GM. Teams that do not gel off the ice also suck on the ice, no matter how much skill they have. You obviously dismiss a very important part of a team player's overall package. Hockey is a team sport, not like baseball.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

RoyalDude wrote:I think we should trade Cody Hodgson for Steve Downie, but we may have to throw in Schneider as well to make it happen. Raymond may not be enough or what Tampa is looking for.
puke :crazy:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote: Glad you are not the GM. Teams that do not gel off the ice also suck on the ice, no matter how much skill they have. You obviously dismiss a very important part of a team player's overall package. Hockey is a team sport, not like baseball.
I don't watch the Canucks cause they have a bunch of players who will hold the door open for strangers or help old ladies cross the road or are good at patting teamates bums and going rah, rah, rah in the dressing room.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

clem wrote:
Fred wrote:For me I thought Edler wore the goats horns today. He mishandled the puck so often and played a poor game. I wondered if indeed Edler was intimidated. I lost count the number of give aways he had soft passes up the middle, yuck.
Edler's consistency has never been great - game to game, & sometimes within. The opposite of Salo.
Some Canucks have extra trouble with choppy ice. Including the Sedins. It's not good for the skill game.
I thought the biggest defensive brain farts belonged to Bieksa.
Really?? Are you sure?? Ballard usually is the culprit... :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote: Ballard usually is the culprit... :P
Ballard created a glorious scoring chance for the Bruins by getting a lone Bruin in front our net the puck with a great work ethic along the boards.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

BTW, this is the most active GDT I have ever seen...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

RoyalDude wrote:
Ballard created a glorious scoring chance for the Bruins by getting a lone Bruin in front our net the puck with a great work ethic along the boards.
Let me see, Bieksa let the midget rat bastard skating by him untouched and then scored the goal...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Post game radio:
AV says that Ebbet broke his collar bone and out indefinite
Salo "upper body injury that will be reevaluated tomorrow"
there will be call ups but not sure who yet...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Jovocop wrote:BTW, this is the most active GDT I have ever seen...
Yup. Three full pages before they even dropped the puck. Some games don't even reach three pages at all... :look:

Can we make it to double digits? :P
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote: Salo "upper body injury that will be reevaluated tomorrow"
Good! Upper body kind of indicates that it's not his knees, right? :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:
RD your a laugh, you probably have a note pad when you watch the game and any mistake Ballard makes your probably write it down, PVR it and catalog it so you can pull it up anytime you want to. Yes we get it you don't like the guy but there were worse errors by casual Kev and Edler today that Ballard was actually played well.

Of course in your world Ballard never plays and is always making a mistake, amazing what you can see with those horse blinders on eh?