Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Players You Hate

Post by dhabums »

GoalieDad wrote: Yes, I am aware. It's the only gear I've ever worn. And it's part of my reasoning relating to the way they should redefine the rule in question. Goalie equipment is self-evidently purpose specific. That is, it's designed to protect the athlete whose role it is to intentionally get hit by the PUCK, not by opposing players. That's why respect for the safety of the goaltender in his crease is -- and otta be -- mandated. It is also why (imo) the rules should mandate that goaltenders remain in the clearly defined 'safe-zone' of the crease. IF a goaltender chooses to venture beyond the crease and into the battlefield, he should do so at his own risk. As I said before, that just seems fair.
We agree their gear is not designed to "handle" the puck in "play". Their gloves, their stick make it completely unnatural. It doesn't matter that some (not Luongo) can achieve proficiency despite the inappropriateness of their equipment. Just cuz they CAN play the puck doesn't mean the rules should protect their right to do so with impunity. I understand the rule -- though ill-defined -- argues against my view. I'm just sayin that I think the rule is wrong. And for whatever it's worth, I suspect most other goalies would agree. (I've cited two on-air examples of goalies who seem to.)
When the rules are changed I am all for it. I don't like the delay of game penalty for over the glass, but I certainly would argue against a specific call.

Shanahan heard whatever he needed to hear from Lucic. They should release that audio, if I never need to get out of a speeding ticket....damn though, I don't play hockey with the ex chief of police's son.

Can't wait until a 4th liner does the same thing. BS has proven he is inconsistent 1 month into the season, it can only get better. It would be boring if it always made sense. Maybe Trevor Gillies hitting Lundqvist?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Topper wrote: Not for a moment was Lucic targeting Miller.
I guess this is where we disagree.
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

We all know that Rome was suspended for what Murphy deemed a "late" hit on Horton. If you time from the moment Horton makes the pass to the impact with Rome to me this was a shorter time span than from when Miller shoots the puck to the side boards and then Lucic comes in and levels him.

As I said before, Lucic makes no move to go after the puck which was laying at the boards, instead he stops to stand over Miller until the crowd gathers.

Lucic is a punk, maybe a big one but a punk just the same.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It's weird, because historically hunchbacks get in a lot of trouble when they do bad stuff.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Listercat wrote:We all know that Rome was suspended for what Murphy deemed a "late" hit on Horton. If you time from the moment Horton makes the pass to the impact with Rome to me this was a shorter time span than from when Miller shoots the puck to the side boards and then Lucic comes in and levels him.

As I said before, Lucic makes no move to go after the puck which was laying at the boards, instead he stops to stand over Miller until the crowd gathers.

After seeing the Wolski hit on Alfie it is really clear that Shanahan is not far enough removed from the NHL to do the job he has.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

dhabums wrote:
Listercat wrote:We all know that Rome was suspended for what Murphy deemed a "late" hit on Horton. If you time from the moment Horton makes the pass to the impact with Rome to me this was a shorter time span than from when Miller shoots the puck to the side boards and then Lucic comes in and levels him.

After seeing the Wolski hit on Alfie it is really clear that Shanahan is not far enough removed from the NHL to do the job he has.
Would you believe that some GMs and owners complained about the suspensions that Shanny handed out in the preseason? That might explained why his rulings are so inconsistent...
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The Rome hit was deemed a legal hit but late, and yet Bob McKenzie went to the trouble of actually timing it. It was 27 frames between the pass and the hit which equated ( so I'm told ) to 0.9 of a second
cheers
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

GoalieDad wrote:
I see you're a Veteran Listercat, so I offer this with all due respect.

And bless you for your service to our nation.[/quote]

Listercat was a veteran of the Bountiful conflict.

I just can't remember if he was aligned with the Blackmores or Warren Jeffs.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Listercat
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Listercat »

Blob You're an A Hole!!!!! :lol:

I was a bystander. Supplied dynamite to both sides in hopes they would extinguish each other!!
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt "
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

GoalieDad wrote:I see you're a Veteran Listercat, so I offer this with all due respect.

And bless you for your service to our nation.
I was a veteran too, GD. Sometimes it all comes flashing back to me...

*shudders*

They were coming over the wire something fierce than night. I turned to my left and saw combat veteran Topper fragged with a piece of OHL-level shrapnel, only to bravely re-enter the fray and fight on. I turned to my right and witnessed Colonel Potatoe crawl into no-man's land to drag his wounded comrade Coco back to our trenches. Old-timer after old-timer took heavy fire, only to gallantly fire back despite overwhelming odds. It wasn't long before I shot up the ranks and led a risky sortie behind enemy lines with Commander Strangelove, which produced a pile of noob corpses the size of Bountiful itself.

Then I made 50 more posts and got sent stateside, where I made a turkey sandwich and read some ODB threads.

But I will never, ever forget... the humanity of it all...
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 am PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
:lol:

Where the fuck is rummy these days...he came by at christmas and went right back into the womb. Cant wait til hes single again...
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:23 pm
Rumsfeld wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:58 am PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
:lol:

Where the fuck is rummy these days...he came by at christmas and went right back into the womb. Cant wait til hes single again...
Are we positive that was actually Rummy?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Its so long ago it must have been. Lots of extinct posters in here.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Loui Eriksson :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP