Players You Hate

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Players You Hate

Post by Meds »

After watching yet another matchup that involved the Duck's, I felt like starting this thread. This isn't a thread to rant about just the Jordan Tootoo's of the league for their dirty play, but rather player's who just piss you off.

Top of the list for me is Corey Perry. He's dirty, he's a whiner, he has no respect for his fellow player's, the word cheap wasn't defined for him as a child. Few and far between are the player's who have great hands, a wicked shot, good hockey smarts, and the size and drive to be top 3 on any team, but play as dirty as Perry does. When the NHL awarded the Hart Trophy to him last June it was just one more nail in the coffin as far as any lingering respect for this league went. Tonight was no exception, in-so-much as it applies to Perry. His brutal 2-hander on Ballard after they were battling was bad enough, at least Ballard tossed him on the ice and fed him a few shots to the head. His slash/spear on Sedin at the end was an embarrassment to hockey. If these were isolated incidents with him, then whatever, but they aren't. This is routine for Anaheim's #10. He is a thoroughly classless act that needs someone to tune the fuck out of him every time he pulls that bullshit. So why do I hate him? Because he's a very good player who plays like a middle of the road pest. He's comparable to Avery in that department.

I realize that Gordie "Mr. Hockey" Howe was also someone who would never be considered for a Lady Byng, and though I never got to watch him play, I get the sense that, even though he was deadly in the corners with his elbows, he wasn't as disrespectful as Perry is.
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Players You Hate

Post by Per »

Pronger. :evil:

Nuff said.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote:Pronger.
+1
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Past
Bobby Clarke
Theoren Fleury
Claude Lemieux
Craig Janney(although his pouty ass helped us)
Keith Tkatchuk
Ulf Samuelsson

Present
Brad Marchand
Drew Doughty
Alex Semin(that slapping shit was ultra gay)
Danny Heatley
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Past
Bobby Clarke
Theoren Fleury
Claude Lemieux
Craig Janney(although his pouty ass helped us)
Keith Tkatchuk
Ulf Samuelsson

Present
Brad Marchand
Drew Doughty
Alex Semin(that slapping shit was ultra gay)
Danny Heatley
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
thats a well developed sense of hate you got there...
old calamari
CC Veteran

Post by old calamari »

perry should have got a major for the slash on hank , the reffs cut him slack because he won the hart gets away with fukin murder. ballards was pissed with the slash on him cant wait for the next time they play. dirtiest bastards i have seen play are marchment and denis potvin, pure assholes that came from behind and target knees fuked up more careers than anybody.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Stopping by to say Bolland.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote:PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
That's a dark sense of humour Rummy
If you need air...call it in
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Rumsfeld wrote:PK Subban
Mike Grier
Jarome Iginla
Dustin Byfuglien
Shawn Belle
Ray Emery
Joel Ward
Wayne Simmonds
Jamal Mayers
Evander Kane
Nigel Dawes
Akim Aliu
Don't forget about Nyger Morgan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyjer_Morgan
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Haven't watched a Brewers game in a age.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cam Janssen(probably the worst kept Steroid User secret in the NHL)
Taylor Hall
Corey Perry
Tim Thomas
Brad Marchand
Subban
Bolland
Parise (Waves his American Flag too proudly when his parents are both from Canada)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Mëds wrote: Top of the list for me is Corey Perry. He's dirty, he's a whiner, he has no respect for his fellow player's, the word cheap wasn't defined for him as a child. Few and far between are the player's who have great hands, a wicked shot, good hockey smarts, and the size and drive to be top 3 on any team, but play as dirty as Perry does. When the NHL awarded the Hart Trophy to him last June it was just one more nail in the coffin as far as any lingering respect for this league went. Tonight was no exception, in-so-much as it applies to Perry. His brutal 2-hander on Ballard after they were battling was bad enough, at least Ballard tossed him on the ice and fed him a few shots to the head. His slash/spear on Sedin at the end was an embarrassment to hockey. If these were isolated incidents with him, then whatever, but they aren't. This is routine for Anaheim's #10. He is a thoroughly classless act that needs someone to tune the fuck out of him every time he pulls that bullshit. So why do I hate him? Because he's a very good player who plays like a middle of the road pest. He's comparable to Avery in that department.

I have to agree on Perry.

Every time we play the ducks he does something ultra dirty and then complains like a bitch when he gets called.

People complain a lot about Kesler and burrows, but IMO they are not even close to Perry.

Just goes to show how being a higher profile team has a major impact on the perception of our players.
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Players You Hate

Post by Groovypippin »

I have a special hatred for Pat Kane. Every time he's on the ice I pray for a career ending injury. He's a total little puke who hides behind his team mates. I bet he turtled after punching that cab driver.

Brand Marchand earned a special place in my heart in last years playoffs, but I cut him a little slack because no one on our team had the balls to tune him in. Plus, I can always go to youtube and watch the clip of PK Subban destroying him with his ass.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Brad Marchand, Apparently the good folks of Nova Scotia think he's a low life to. If he didn't play hockey serious doubt if he could fillet a fish :D
cheers