OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: OOTS

Post by Per »

mathonwy wrote: This is a FACT

Jordan Eberle - Age 21 - Drafted 22st overall
Sam Gagner - Age 22 - Drafted 6th overall.
Ales Hemsky - Age 28 - Drafted 13th overall.
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Age 18 - Drafted 1st overall.
Magnus Paajarvi - Age 20 - Drafted 10th overall.
Taylor Hall - Age 19 - Drafted 1st overall.

Those draft positions are fucking ridiculous and cumulatively speaking, that's a SHIT load of skill. I don't think we really understand how much skill that really is.

In 5 years, half of those guys might be on Team Canada.
Perhaps even as many as four of them.
Probably not Hemsky and Pääjärvi though.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, this young group, mainly Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Gagne and Paajarvi are a good young core group to build around. If Tambellini can make the right moves to shore up the Defense and support players, this team should be good for a long time. Nugent-Hopkins and Hall seem taylor made for each other. I'm sold on these two becoming future stars of the league, Hall seems ready for that label now.

If I'm any team in the Oilers division, I'd be looking to stay young to stay in line with this team. Including the Canucks.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

The Oilers just need a really good goalie, I wonder if we can trade them Luongo for a first? :mrgreen:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BCReefer wrote:The Oilers just need a really good goalie, I wonder if we can trade them Luongo for a first? :mrgreen:
Khabibulin is the best goalie in hockey right now.
BCReefer
CC Veteran

Post by BCReefer »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
BCReefer wrote:The Oilers just need a really good goalie, I wonder if we can trade them Luongo for a first? :mrgreen:
Khabibulin is the best goalie in hockey right now.
I knew that, that is why I used the green face.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

RoyalDude wrote:If I'm any team in the Oilers division, I'd be looking to stay young to stay in line with this team. Including the Canucks.
I'd rather stay good than stay young.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Can anyone explain to me how Wolski's hit on Alfie in Saturday's Rangers / Sens game is non-suspension worthy, while Rome's on Horton is?

Wolski's is no more timely than Aaron's was IMO:

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

wienerdog wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Wolski's hit on Alfie in Saturday's Rangers / Sens game is non-suspension worthy, while Rome's on Horton is?

Especially considering that I have Alfredsson on my fantasy team! :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

wienerdog wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Wolski's hit on Alfie in Saturday's Rangers / Sens game is non-suspension worthy, while Rome's on Horton is?

Nope. Don't get that at all. Suspending a guy in the finals vs. season is like a 3:1 or 4:1. By that logic Wolski should be gone for 12-16 games. Shanny should get all the props for the early-season crack down, but he fucked this one hard.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

George Parros (sans moustache)

Javier Bardem in No Country
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Islanders mired in a 6 game losing streak are switching up things tonight. Magic40 is getting promoted to play on the first line alongside Tavares despite lacklustre play by Magic40 (10 games 3 goals 0 assists -4 only 15 shots). 2-0 Caps after 1.

Philly puts up 5 against the Columbus in the first. The BJs are indeed blowing. I have to believe changes are coming soon to that team.

Seguin scores against the leaves AGAIN. 1-0 Bruins after 1.

Rangers up 3-0 over the Habs after 1. Outshot the Habs 16-3.

Sens beating Sabres 1-0.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Nope. Don't get that at all. Suspending a guy in the finals vs. season is like a 3:1 or 4:1. By that logic Wolski should be gone for 12-16 games. Shanny should get all the props for the early-season crack down, but he fucked this one hard.
He believes the Wolski one was more incidental/accidental contact that on contact Wolski reacted by getting his arms/elbow up. He doesn't need to explain the Rome one because that wasn't him. The Rome one is a complete anomally and a case of the league making up a rule on the spot (which they didn't do when Cooke KOd Savard).

In contrast to the Wolski hit was the Sutton hit on Landeskog. Sutton stepped up and went for the big hit and made contact with the head first. Plus Sutton has a suspension history.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

You know your team is having a bad game when the opposition looks almost apologetic for scoring. 7-0 Flyers over BJs with 4 left in the second.

Make that 8-0

And Seguin schooling Kessel once again. Hat trick for the kid in a 5-0 lead as the Bruins have put up 4 in the second. The only good news for the leaves tonight is that they are in Toronto so don't have to listen to the Bruins fans yelling "Thank you Phil!"
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

tantalum wrote:You know your team is having a bad game when the opposition looks almost apologetic for scoring. 7-0 Flyers over BJs with 4 left in the second.

Make that 8-0

And Seguin schooling Kessel once again. Hat trick for the kid in a 5-0 lead as the Bruins have put up 4 in the second. The only good news for the leaves tonight is that they are in Toronto so don't have to listen to the Bruins fans yelling "Thank you Phil!"
Carle is +6 tonight with 1 point.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

dhabums wrote: Carle is +6 tonight with 1 point.
Well he was -4 or -5 in that 9-8 game against the Jets so this is just an even up game.

FLyers are poised to even up their record to 1-1 when they score 8 goals.