Chicago Wolves

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Chicago Wolves

Post by Fred »

Victor Oreskovich A When Victor is playing hard he has a physical presence that makes him a player you want to watch on the ice. I hope he stays with Chicago all season, but something tells me if he can consistently be physical and put in full effort, he will be called up to the Canucks in the near future.

Eddie Lack B Recorded a shutout on Friday night, but let 5 get by him on Sunday against Peoria.He cant seem to get a shoot out win, but admits to be working on it in practice. Hopefully we see a bit more consistency from him as the season progresses. (2.33GAA/0.926Save %)

Adam Polasek B One of my favorite d-men on the team. He has a 0 +/- and never seems out of position.

Yann Sauve B Off to a nice start. Hes a solid defenseman and his +1 rating is tied for best on the team.

Bill Sweatt B Sweatt is a pure effort guy who you always feel is just on the cusp of breaking out, he creates a lot of scoring chances and I think hell be in the NHL in the next year or two.

Mark Mancari B Mancari has a great shot from the point (he won the hardest shot contest at the AHL all star game last year.) and is going to contribute a lot to this offense as hes 2-2-4 through 7 games. Grade moved down to B due to his -3 rating.

Matt Climie B Climies first start left a lot to be desired, but he turned away 47 out of 48 shots on Saturday night and set the tone for a much needed second win. (2.51GAA/0.939 Save%)

Kevin Connauton B Kevin has been pretty productive this year (2-2-4 through 7 games)

Mike Duco B Duco is a another pure effort guy, he flies around the ice and never takes a shift off. The points are starting to show up (1-2-3) and I think hell have a nice season if he keeps up the effort.

Darren Archibald C Scored a goal in his first pro game, plays with a nice physical edge, but it hasnt translated to a large number of points (1-0-1) through 7 games

Nolan Baumgartner C Has only played in three games at this point, his positioning and passing was good over the weekend, but hes currently sporting a -2 rating.

Sebatian Erixon D He shows flashes of nice play, but his -4 rating is tied for lowest on the team.

Dustin Friesen D Has one goal through 6 games, but has done nothing to stand out.

Jordan Schroeder D Not a bad start with 1-3-4, but his -4 rating and underwhelming play dont warrant a higher grade. Perhaps Reinprecht, a true NHL center, can act as a mentor for Schroeder this season.

Ryan Parent I Incomplete, only played in one game with 2 SOG.

Anton Rodin I Incomplete, only one game with 2 PIM.

Chris Tanev I - Incomplete, only played in one game (shutout victory on Friday). I am hearing trade rumors sending him to Phoenix, which would be a shame since he did play great on Friday.
and from Hockey Future

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/1 ... n_preview/
cheers
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Chicago Wolves

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I'm following the Moose a bit and keeping an eye on how are prospects are fairing. My only concern is none of the forwards are really lighting it up. It seems like we have good potential in D and goal with Connautin, Sauve, Tanev and Lack, but the forwards of Shroeder, Mancari, Archibald and Rodin haven't shown much. Hopefully, it just a matter of time with building chemistry and learning a new system/coach. As the article pointed out, hopefully a veteran presence and some skill of Reinprecht will really help them too.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Oooops, never realized that forum existed
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

cheers
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Oops, wrong thread.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Weekley Wolves report, nice break away by Rodin

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2011/11/ ... kly-update
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Caucks Army Wolf report

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/2/3/wolves-review-forwards

Every thing I hear Schroeder is starting to figure it out :D
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:Caucks Army Wolf report

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/2/3/wolves-review-forwards

Every thing I hear Schroeder is starting to figure it out :D

did you check out the byline of that article? i read it as the guy is 14 yrs old?????
if he is that fantastic comprehension for someone in grade 10, dude lol