Fix is in! Again!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Fix is in! Again!

Post by nucklehead_88 »

normally i like to give the referees the benifit of the doubt and try to watch the calls from an even point of view.....but that looked more set up than pro wrestling. it was just plain sad.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Got to agree guys. I understand the concept of "letting them play" but how can you make the same calls on the Canucks and turn a blind eye when the Hawks do it?

I mean they gave the Hawks a 5 on 3 earlier in the game, so it's not exactly as if they were letting all infractions go. The most egregious non-calls in my opinion were:

1) The penalty shot. Great defensive effort by Hamhuis to catch up with the play. Takes down Frolick. Penalty fair enough but a penalty shot? Frolick was cutting in at an angle and intercepted on his path to the net!
2) 6 mins delay of game on Chicago. They even met together to discuss whether it was a penalty beforehand....
3) Bieksa gets blindsided in OT. This was pretty much identical to the hit on Seabrook only Bickell left his feet! How is nothing called on that play?

Not to mention the last minute play in stoppage before the Canucks were about to have the Sedins out against an exhausted Hawks depth line!

But the Canucks will need to overcome such adversity clearly.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Agree w/ all that Rockalt, you can also add that play Raymond took the penalty for the 5on3 he poked Campbell's elbow w/ his stick... in contrast w/ Bolland chopping Henrik's stick in half w/ a 2-handed slash=no call.
Delay of game gets called on Hodgson for clearing the puck into the crowd, Bickell gets nothing. Anyone see a replay on it? I didn't see where it went over specifically but looked like it was the glass to me. Need to see a replay to know for sure, I didn't see anything on CBC.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I believe if I saw the stat correctly that Chicago has had more pp's this series than they did in all of last year's playoffs...

I keep telling my son that the penalties usually balance out over the course of a series ... not so much in this one. Unbelievable !! Blatent missed calls ... pretty hard to score when Hank's stick has the blade hanging off of it ... his face says it all too ... What's a guy to do ?

A couple thoughts or questions ...

- Do you think the Black Hawks are getting better treatment (subconsciously or otherwise) because they are the defending Stanley Cup champs ?

- Do you think the referees are reluctant to give Vancouver an "even" amount of PP's because their PP is so potent ? (As suggested by some broadcasters in the final few games of the regular season")

Grizz
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

First of all I agree with Gilles. The game was stolen and given to ChiTown.. but look at regular season penalty stats.. Chicago is one of the least penalized teams in the league.. The Canucks one of the higher ones..

Mostly it was just bad calls last night and a few very questionable ones.. But overall the Canucks do take more penalties than the Blackhawks.. So maybe thats part of the reason for the ref's bias.. It sucked to watch some of the stuff going on but lets hope for an even break on reffing in game 7..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Yeah their fans were tweeting it loud and proud they were getting away with murder on twitter last night. Mike Gillis gave an answer to this on TEAM 1040 He was as diplomatic as he could be about the whole thing, but he's one angry GM

Mike Gillis Remarks on Sunday's officiating
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
trouble

Post by trouble »

As a fan of Hockey and the Canucks.. You guys need to voice your concerns with the NHL

Send them an Email and let them know what you think, But be polite

The more pressure they get from the fans and media the more they will have to do something so they don't look like the WWE.

They got mine after the game last night

Trouble
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Can't blame him one bit.
Sometimes I wonder if its just bias viewpoint from fans or if its actually happening....well its actually happening beyond a doubt. When Gillis, who is normally very diplomatic, speaks out abo it that speaks volumes in my books. He's not an excuse maker or complainer imo.

Whats the addy Trouble?