Seattle or Saskatoon Moose?

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Seattle or Saskatoon Moose?

Post by ClamRussel »

Is it time to reunite the Canucks farm system w/ Seattle? ...or possibly somewhere in BC? Saskatoon???
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2011/04/ ... _winnipeg/
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Puck
MVP
MVP

Re: Seattle or Saskatoon Moose?

Post by Puck »

Things are certainly getting interesting as they are having a press-conference today to announce that the Chilliwack Bruins are moving to Victoria. Great news for me... the ECHL is no replacement for the Dub. (No offense intended to the Salmon Kings who are currently up 2-0 in round two of their playoffs).
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Pretty slimy move by Burke & co imo. This move screws the people of Chilliwack but more importantly blocks the Moose from moving into Victoria which would benefit the Canucks greatly. There's talk of a WHL expansion team starting up in Chilliwack. Huh? The morning sports guy on CKNW talks abo this regularly, he even heard from Burke's lawyers about it.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Is the Memorial Arena (6500 seats or so) big enough for an AHL team? Doesn't seem like it. Does Chilliwack have a big enough arena for the AHL either? I don't know, it seems like the best AHL places are big cities - like Vancouver - or else the only game in town - like Winnipeg (for now). Perhaps this makes S'toon a decent choice. I think they've got a nice arena there.
trouble

Post by trouble »

I still think they can do someting and move the Heat out of Abbotsford and move The Moose in..

The city is loosing money with the Heat and they know if they can get The Moose. They will make a ton of money.

They will do whatever it takes

Trouble