US Erection 12 *AND* 16

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am

Per you're obsessed Trump

My family is the same...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8239
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am
...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
The Kurds?
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 am

Cornuck wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am
...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
The Kurds?
Oh ya i forgot about the swedish kurdish contingent
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
mr perfect
MVP
MVP
Posts: 544
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: perfectville

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by mr perfect » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am
Per you're obsessed Trump

My family is the same...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
Let's see: An ill tempered trust fund brat with delusions of grandeur whose unhinged because all of his mob laundering money ways and dirty deals while in office are being exposed. Also, he has access to nuclear codes. Yes, why should anyone care?

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 am

mr perfect wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am
Per you're obsessed Trump

My family is the same...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
Let's see: An ill tempered trust fund brat with delusions of grandeur whose unhinged because all of his mob laundering money ways and dirty deals while in office are being exposed. Also, he has access to nuclear codes. Yes, why should anyone care?
Exactly!

Just to be clear...he cant just fire off a nuke without a panel of other weathly con artists signing off on it. The POTUS is only the face of a vast swath of americana.

The real issue is the lack of moral fibre present in todays overpopulated cesspool of humanity
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:06 am
mr perfect wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:20 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:36 am
Per you're obsessed Trump

My family is the same...why? Who cares this much about a foreign leader?
Let's see: An ill tempered trust fund brat with delusions of grandeur whose unhinged because all of his mob laundering money ways and dirty deals while in office are being exposed. Also, he has access to nuclear codes. Yes, why should anyone care?
Exactly!

Just to be clear...he cant just fire off a nuke without a panel of other weathly con artists signing off on it. The POTUS is only the face of a vast swath of americana.

The real issue is the lack of moral fibre present in todays overpopulated cesspool of humanity
Look, he’s not very likely to start launching nukes, but he has been pushing the entire world toward a major financial crisis with his ridiculous notion that trade wars are good and easy to win. Hopefully the US and China have reached some accord now that could cool things down, but I’m not betting on it.

Also, his rash and unpredictive decisions in foreign policy are destabilizing things. Just look at the hundreds of dead Kurds and some 300,000 displaced people in Syria as a result of Trump trying to please Erdogan. For no apparant reason.

Living in a smallish free market country, I know that the decisions of the leaders of the US, the EU and Russia may have a far greater effect on my life than the decisions of the Swedish government, so I try to stay on top of things, and since Putin managed to destabilize US politics, things have gotten far more stressful.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm

Per wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Also, his rash and unpredictive decisions in foreign policy are destabilizing things. Just look at the hundreds of dead Kurds and some 300,000 displaced people in Syria as a result of Trump trying to please Erdogan. For no apparant reason.
Muslims(and christians for that matter) have been slaughtering each other for centuries. What really should have happened is for the western world to leave them to their bullshit. Maybe having so-damn-insane, the ayatollah and gaddaffi oppressing their people is the way they are supposed to be governed :D
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:23 pm

Per wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Living in a smallish free market country, I know that the decisions of the leaders of the US, the EU and Russia may have a far greater effect on my life than the decisions of the Swedish government, so I try to stay on top of things, and since Putin managed to destabilize US politics, things have gotten far more stressful.
Maybe that stress is the result of the socialist/globalist EU agenda importing what...10% of your population in poor, benefit seeking economic refugees?

All those poor people absorbing the affordable housing, straining those glorious socialist benefits that worked much better when you had a prosperous and motivated population all contributing to society.

Is "All Mans Right" still working for the rural population of Sverige?
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Per wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Also, his rash and unpredictive decisions in foreign policy are destabilizing things. Just look at the hundreds of dead Kurds and some 300,000 displaced people in Syria as a result of Trump trying to please Erdogan. For no apparant reason.
Muslims(and christians for that matter) have been slaughtering each other for centuries. What really should have happened is for the western world to leave them to their bullshit. Maybe having so-damn-insane, the ayatollah and gaddaffi oppressing their people is the way they are supposed to be governed :D
Pink Per demands the USA be the World Police! :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8839
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:26 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:24 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Per wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Also, his rash and unpredictive decisions in foreign policy are destabilizing things. Just look at the hundreds of dead Kurds and some 300,000 displaced people in Syria as a result of Trump trying to please Erdogan. For no apparant reason.
Muslims(and christians for that matter) have been slaughtering each other for centuries. What really should have happened is for the western world to leave them to their bullshit. Maybe having so-damn-insane, the ayatollah and gaddaffi oppressing their people is the way they are supposed to be governed :D
Pink Per demands the USA be the World Police! :D
It was only a matter of time before a populist president was going to come along and bring the troops home.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:38 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:17 pm
Could you please highlight in bold the part of my statement making the assumption, and tell me which assumption it is?

Otherwise I'll have to assume you're making an assumption that I'm making unstated assumptions.

Or that you're trolling :shock:
Strange never trolls, he is just a bad poster.
I had a feeling about you two! :thumbs:

Hell, it's hard to tell you two apart! :D

Your comments on this matter give you away 5th.

What you've been doing in this thread is the near opposite to "benefit of the doubt".

You seem to assume every thing bad of which Lord Trump is accused has some merit.

(despite the long list of disproven accusations from the left)

Here's hoping you and the gimp end up in the same TDS support group...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5027
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Reefer2 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:36 pm
I had a feeling about you two! :thumbs:

Hell, it's hard to tell you two apart! :D

Your comments on this matter give you away 5th.

What you've been doing in this thread is the near opposite to "benefit of the doubt".

You seem to assume every thing bad of which Lord Trump is accused has some merit.

(despite the long list of disproven accusations from the left)

Here's hoping you and the gimp end up in the same TDS support group...
Sure, u da man

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:41 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 pm
And I didn't say that you said that I said that the whistleblower did nothing wrong (yes it's true, I didn't!).

We can keep this up forever, you see!

I'm not going to get into a quote war with you on the rest of your post. When you treat my "clarification" as an adjustment of my position, rather than an explanation of points already made, you are being (or at least appearing to be) disingenuous. If that's what you're doing that's fine, but then it's trolling rather than an an honest discussion, so there's no point continuing.
:?

BTW that strawman-building dude you created was a strawman...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1587
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:41 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:44 pm
And I didn't say that you said that I said that the whistleblower did nothing wrong (yes it's true, I didn't!).

We can keep this up forever, you see!

I'm not going to get into a quote war with you on the rest of your post. When you treat my "clarification" as an adjustment of my position, rather than an explanation of points already made, you are being (or at least appearing to be) disingenuous. If that's what you're doing that's fine, but then it's trolling rather than an an honest discussion, so there's no point continuing.
:?

That strawman-building dude you created was a strawman...
That doesn't even make sense. And it's barely humorous.

It appears that when you can't win with strawmen, misdirection, or distraction, you go with avoidance, as you are doing now.

I'll leave you to your debates with Reefer on the existence of global warming. At least you can rack up a few "wins" there. :)

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:26 pm

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:17 pm
Per wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Also, his rash and unpredictive decisions in foreign policy are destabilizing things. Just look at the hundreds of dead Kurds and some 300,000 displaced people in Syria as a result of Trump trying to please Erdogan. For no apparant reason.
Muslims(and christians for that matter) have been slaughtering each other for centuries. What really should have happened is for the western world to leave them to their bullshit. Maybe having so-damn-insane, the ayatollah and gaddaffi oppressing their people is the way they are supposed to be governed :D
The problem with the Kurds though is that when the Ottoman empire came to an end, the new countries that replaced it were pretty much dictated by France and Britain. Sadly the 30 million Kurds did not get a country. Their Kurdistan was split between Ziraq, Iran, Syria and Turkey, and in all four countries they have been oppressed and discriminated against.

Image

The Kurds in Iraq basically have autonomy at this point. The Syrian Kurds also had managed to seize control of their part of Syria. This was making the Turks nervous, and for whatever reason Trump decided to sel out his Kurdish allies in Syria to Erdogan.

And sure, war has been the norm throughout history, peace the exception. Which is what makes the EU success story so remarkable; more than 70 years of peace in Western Europe! :thumbs:
And now gradually allowing Eastern European nations to join this peace project. Truly remarkable. :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply