US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Just calling bullshit on your statement that "this won't help the "struggling financially" Doral resort". Don't blow a gasket, man. :)
ASS I insinuated, you are making ASSumptions, putting the cart before the ASS.

Blow a gasket? :crazy:

Yeahno, I find the acting out of all the TDS sufferers highly entertaining! :thumbs:
Pray tell, what assumption does my statement contain?

I wish you'd just come out and point out where I am wrong instead of just dancing around.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 23312
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Just calling bullshit on your statement that "this won't help the "struggling financially" Doral resort". Don't blow a gasket, man. :)
ASS I insinuated, you are making ASSumptions, putting the cart before the ASS.

Blow a gasket? :crazy:

Yeahno, I find the acting out of all the TDS sufferers highly entertaining! :thumbs:
Pray tell, what assumption does my statement contain?

I wish you'd just come out and point out where I am wrong instead of just dancing around.
The Great Strangelove neither dances nor prances. :scowl:

It appears I gave you more credit than you deserve.

Did my list of previous false ASSumptions other TDS sufferers have made not give you some kind of a clue?

AHEM...

The ASSumption that the Donald may have done something wrong here.

The ASSumption that the Doral needs this financially.

The ASSumption that Lord Trump is desperate financially.

The ASSumption that Lord Trump isn't making damn sure this venture doesn't benefit his personal finances.

There may be more ASSumptions, but what's the use, I can't help you ASS there is no cure for TDS...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8638
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck »

Vs your ASSumption that trump is an honest man! :D
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 23312
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Vs your ASSumption that trump is an honest man! :D
It's called "benefit of the doubt"! :D
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11439
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper »

TDS killed Elijah
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8638
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Vs your ASSumption that trump is an honest man! :D
It's called "benefit of the doubt"! :D
Image
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 23312
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

:wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:01 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:49 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:40 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Just calling bullshit on your statement that "this won't help the "struggling financially" Doral resort". Don't blow a gasket, man. :)
ASS I insinuated, you are making ASSumptions, putting the cart before the ASS.

Blow a gasket? :crazy:

Yeahno, I find the acting out of all the TDS sufferers highly entertaining! :thumbs:
Pray tell, what assumption does my statement contain?

I wish you'd just come out and point out where I am wrong instead of just dancing around.
The Great Strangelove neither dances nor prances. :scowl:

It appears I gave you more credit than you deserve.

Did my list of previous false ASSumptions other TDS sufferers have made not give you some kind of a clue?

AHEM...

The ASSumption that the Donald may have done something wrong here.

The ASSumption that the Doral needs this financially.

The ASSumption that Lord Trump is desperate financially.

The ASSumption that Lord Trump isn't making damn sure this venture doesn't benefit his personal finances.

There may be more ASSumptions, but what's the use, I can't help you ASS there is no cure for TDS...
Could you please highlight in bold the part of my statement making the assumption, and tell me which assumption it is?

Otherwise I'll have to assume you're making an assumption that I'm making unstated assumptions.

Or that you're trolling :shock:

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5077
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Reefer2 »

Strange never trolls, he is just a bad poster.

User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1774
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:33 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:30 am
Clearly my opinion of the whistleblower here is only in connection with the report to the ICIG. I wasn't saying that the whistleblower did nothing wrong; only that anything he might have done wrong is irrelevant to the matter at hand (the report to the ICIG).
Now who is building a strawman? :scowl:

I didn't say you said the whistleblower did nothing wrong. (see, two can play this game) :D
And I didn't say that you said that I said that the whistleblower did nothing wrong (yes it's true, I didn't!).

We can keep this up forever, you see!

I'm not going to get into a quote war with you on the rest of your post. When you treat my "clarification" as an adjustment of my position, rather than an explanation of points already made, you are being (or at least appearing to be) disingenuous. If that's what you're doing that's fine, but then it's trolling rather than an an honest discussion, so there's no point continuing.

User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:15 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:56 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:51 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 am
President Donald Trump's administration said it would host the next G7 summit of world leaders at his company's Doral resort in Miami, which has been struggling financially.

Is this how you 'drain a swamp' ? He's doing the best he can, right доктор? :D
Well this won't help the "struggling financially" Doral resort much considering the fact they are providing this at cost. :roll:

Lol, yeah like Trump was pulling a fast one, figuring no one would notice! :lol:
Even if you provide something "at cost", at least you are recovering your costs.

As opposed to not having the business at all, in which case you are losing money.

So there's a NET financial benefit to Trump.
Oh yeah, well let's investigate this thoroughly then eh!

Cuz I mean someone said something right? :lol:


"He had hookers pee on him!"

"He fucked Stormy Daniels!"

"He's hiding his tax returns!"

"He's mentally unfit for the job!"

"He's a white supremacist!"

"He was born in Kenya!"

"He colluded with the Russkies!"

"He killed Kurds!"

"He blackmailed the President of the Ukraine!"

"He's so desperate for money that he's hosting the G7 at the Doral!"


" :cry: AND HE'S OBSTRUCTING ALL OF OUR INVESTIGATIONS!!! :cry: "
A couple of corrections:

1) The pee tapes are still just an unconfirmed rumour.

2) He didn't technically kill any Kurds, he just betrayed them and then ordered the American troops in Syria to stand aside so Turkey could kill them.

3) He didn't blackmail the President of Ukraine (afaik), he extorted him.
https://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/cri ... ckmail.htm

4) He's not desperate for money, just greedy, and of course lacking the moral backbone to see how unethical it is to use his political office to favour his own enterprises.

Other than that - full points! :thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:54 pm
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence- ... -president

Trump celebrates 'great day for civilization' as Pence, Pompeo secure Syria cease-fire agreement
Hilarious, if it wasn't so sad... :?

A cease-fire agreement signed by the USA and Turkey? I mean, the USA isn't even involved in the fighting.

Neither the Kurds, Syria or Russia, who are the ones that have troops in the area Turkey wants to invade, are signatories.

Furthermore, I'm impressed of the agility Trump shows. I had no idea someone so obviously out of shape could bend over that far.

Erdogan gets everything he asked for; a Kurd-free zone near the Turkish border AND the removal of the sanctions the USA has imposed and/or threatened Turkey with. The USA on the other hand, gets nothing. The Kurds get screwed.
Syria, Iran and Russia? We don't know yet how they'll respond to this, but all three benefitted greatly from the US pulling its troops out.

ISIS? Laughing all the way to wherever they plan to regroup.
The Kurds were the ones who beat them on the ground. Now that the Kurds are losing sovereignty of the area they were holding there is ample opportunity for ISIS to make a comeback.

Trump is trying to get some credit for a feeble attempt to repair the damage he has done, but you can't repair a broken vase with some tape and string.
It won't hold water.


....

Oh, and regardless of Trump's promises to Erdogan, it seems the Senate is still planning to impose sanctions on Turkey! :lol:
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syri ... SKBN1WW2QS

... and it seems the cease fire has alreay been broken:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... roken.html :(
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

Mad Dog speaks out:
The retired Marine General Mattis, who resigned as defense secretary last December in a military policy dispute with Trump, mocked his former boss during a keynote address at the annual Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner in New York on Thursday.

'I'm not just an overrated general. I'm the most overrated general,' Mattis said.

'I'm honored to be considered that by Donald Trump because he also called Meryl Streep an overrated actress.

'So I guess I'm the Meryl Streep of generals, and frankly that sounds pretty good to me.

'You do have to admit that between me and Meryl, at least we've had some victories.'

...

He went on to say the 'underrated' label from Trump didn't bother him.

'I earned my spurs on the battlefield; Donald Trump earned his spurs from the doctor,' he said.
:thumbs:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Vs your ASSumption that trump is an honest man! :D
It's called "benefit of the doubt"! :D
So you’re saying you would buy the Brooklyn Bridge from dat dere real estate agent? :D

User avatar
Per
MVP
MVP
Posts: 5184
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:04 pm
Vs your ASSumption that trump is an honest man! :D
It's called "benefit of the doubt"! :D
... or perhaps gullibility... :wink:
In late 1990, Trump was sued for $2 million by a business analyst for defamation, and Trump settled out of court. Briefly before Trump's Taj Mahal opened in April 1990, the analyst had said that the project would fail by the end of that year. Trump threatened to sue the analyst's firm unless the analyst recanted or was fired. The analyst refused to retract the statements, and his firm fired him for ostensibly unrelated reasons. Trump Taj Mahal declared bankruptcy in November 1990, the first of several such bankruptcies. After, the NYSE ordered the firm to compensate the analyst $750,000; the analyst did not release the details of his settlement with Trump.
In 2009, Trump was sued by investors who had made deposits for condos in the canceled Trump Ocean Resort Baja Mexico. The investors said that Trump misrepresented his role in the project, stating after its failure that he had been little more than a spokesperson for the entire venture, disavowing any financial responsibility for the debacle. Investors were informed that their investments would not be returned due to the cancellation of construction. In 2013, Trump settled the lawsuit with more than one hundred prospective condo owners for an undisclosed amount.
In October 2016, the Ontario Court of Appeal ruled that Trump, together with two principals of a connected developer, could be sued for various claims, including oppression, collusion and breach of fiduciary duties, in relation to his role in the marketing of units in the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Toronto, Canada.
In 2013, in a lawsuit filed by New York attorney general Eric Schneiderman, Trump was accused of defrauding more than 5,000 people of $40 million for the opportunity to learn Trump's real estate investment techniques in a for-profit training program, Trump University, which operated from 2005 to 2011. Trump ultimately stopped using the term "University" following a 2010 order from New York regulators, who called Trump's use of the word "misleading and even illegal"; the state had previously warned Trump in 2005 to drop the term or not offer seminars in New York. Although Trump has claimed a 98% approval rating on course evaluations, former students recounted high-pressure tactics from instructors seeking the highest possible ratings, including threats of withholding graduation certificates, and more than 2,000 students had sought and received course refunds before the end of their paid seminars.

In a separate class action civil suit against Trump University in mid-February 2014, a San Diego federal judge allowed claimants in California, Florida, and New York to proceed; a Trump counterclaim, alleging that the state attorney general's investigation was accompanied by a campaign donation shakedown, was investigated by a New York ethics board and dismissed in August 2015. Trump filed a $1 million defamation suit against former Trump University student Tarla Makaeff, who had spent about $37,000 on seminars, after she joined the class action lawsuit and publicized her classroom experiences on social media.[85] Trump University was later ordered by a U.S. district judge in April 2015 to pay Makaeff and her lawyers $798,774.24 in legal fees and costs. Donald Trump was found to have defrauded students, and was forced to pay $25 million in restitution.
In a December 7, 2018 sentencing memorandum for Cohen, federal prosecutors implicated Trump in directing Cohen to commit the campaign finance law felonies for which Cohen had pleaded guilty. Shortly after the memorandum court filing, Trump tweeted, “Totally clears the president. Thank you!” Cohen was sentenced to three years in federal prison.
Trump helped a financier for the Scarfo family get a casino license, and constructed a casino using firms controlled by Nicodemo Scarfo. Trump also bought real estate from Philadelphia crime family member Salvatore Testa, and bought concrete from companies associated with the Genovese crime family and the Gambino crime family. Trump Plaza paid a $450,000 fine leveled by the Casino Gaming Commission for giving $1.6 million in rare automobiles to Robert LiButti, the acquaintance of John Gotti already mentioned.

Starting in 2003, the Trump Organization worked with Felix Sater, who had a 1998 racketeering conviction for a $40 million stock fraud scheme orchestrated by the Russian mafia, and who had then become an informant against the mafia.
Regarding the various irregularities in the Trump Foundation, former head of the Internal Revenue Service's Office of Exempt Organizations Division Marc Owens told The Washington Post: "This is so bizarre, this laundry list of issues.... It's the first time I've ever seen this, and I've been doing this for 25 years in the IRS, and 40 years total. When interviewed for the Post's article, Trump spokesperson Boris Epshtein said that Trump did not knowingly violate any tax laws.

The office of New York State attorney general Eric Schneiderman investigated the foundation "to make sure it's complying with the laws governing charities in New York." The Trump Foundation was in fact found to have committed fraud and misappropriated funds, and was ordered to be shut down.
In 1973 Trump, his father and their company were in court for civil charges for refusing to rent apartments to African Americans. After their lawyers had delayed court requests for documents for several months, Trump, then being under subpoena, said his company had destroyed corporate records of the past six months "for saving space". In a court case beginning in 2005 against Power Plant Entertainment, LLC, an affiliate of real estate developer Cordish Cos., it was revealed that Trump's companies had deleted the data requested by court. Cordish Cos. had built two American Indian casinos in Florida under the Hard Rock brand and Donald Trump accused them of cheating him out of that deal. Nonetheless, Trump's lawyers had refused to instruct workers to keep all records related to the case during litigation. Trump had established a procedure to delete all data from their employees' computers every year at least since 2003, despite knowing at least since 2001 that he might want to file a lawsuit. Even after the lawsuit was filed, Trump Hotels disposed of a computer of a key witness without having made a backup of the data. A former general counsel of the Trump casino unit confirmed that all data were deleted from nearly all companies' computers annually. Trump and his lawyers claimed they were not keeping records and digital data although it was revealed that Trump had launched his own high-speed internet provider in 1998 and an IBM Domino server had been installed for emails and digital files in 1999.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_aff ... nald_Trump
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply