US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by griz »

Uncle dans leg wrote:There are many, many Swedes that are not sharing Pers' perspective. My entire inlaw family will fall into this category.

Uncle dans leg wrote:It seems to me that in Sweden you are either vehemently defending the idea that there isnt an issue or you are quietly agreeing.
The silent majority.
Uncle dans leg wrote:Swedes generally don't like to stir up the shit which might explain why its harder to find people willing to publicly acknowledge there is a problem.
Which is perhaps why they are targeted in this way. Remember D Sedin taking all those hits from Marchand in front of the ref?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Here is Paul Watson doing a bit about Sweden.
Please help me with this fucking embed crap...please. Its driving me nuts

MOD EDIT: fixed
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

griz wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote:There are many, many Swedes that are not sharing Pers' perspective. My entire inlaw family will fall into this category.

Uncle dans leg wrote:It seems to me that in Sweden you are either vehemently defending the idea that there isnt an issue or you are quietly agreeing.
The silent majority.
Uncle dans leg wrote:Swedes generally don't like to stir up the shit which might explain why its harder to find people willing to publicly acknowledge there is a problem.
Which is perhaps why they are targeted in this way. Remember D Sedin taking all those hits from Marchand in front of the ref?
Thanks Griz gor posting that. I'm just making a mess lol
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Yeah Griz: If there is one video reel that bothers me the most, it's Sedin taking that and looking like a little baby doing it..
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote:Yeah Griz: If there is one video reel that bothers me the most, it's Sedin taking that and looking like a little baby doing it..
Imagine 9 million Daniel Sedins all taking headshots simultaneously....maybe even syncronized headshots...trippy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

griz wrote:
Yeeeeeup,yup,yup,yup,yup...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ironic that Julian Assange was charged for rape in Sweden.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

It seems to me that in Sweden you are either vehemently defending the idea that there isnt an issue or you are quietly agreeing. Swedes generally don't like to stir up the shit which might explain why its harder to find people willing to publicly acknowledge there is a problem.
Well that and the fact that if you say “boo”

… you’re immediately labled a racist fascist hate-spewing right-wing Islamophobe.

(or some shit)

Leftist ideals look great on paper, but they don’t work in reality.

Scary part is leftists these days deny reality even when it’s raping them in the streets.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

What a steaming pile of bullshit.

When did Per use the term "no go zone"

Why does he need to defend the term that has a simple meaning yet is used like a loaded gun?

What absolute dumbfuckery...

You can try to defend that fuckwit who the toothless majority managed to stack the deck in the black heart's of men to become and at the same time destroy the idea of the leader of a the free world.

But you cannot wash the stench off.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote:Ironic that Julian Assange was charged for rape in Sweden.
Not really. The definition of rape is broader in Sweden than in most other countries, which is one of the reasons our rape stats are higher.

One of the two girls that accuse him of rape had had sex with him the night before, and they were sleeping in the same bed. Then she woke up with him on top of her, not using a condom. And this is when she decided to press charges. She has stated that she never has unprotected sex and never would have agreed to it. Her ex confirms this.

The court takes it all very seriously, but I'm pretty sure Assange, and many other foreigners, are like wtf?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
micky107 wrote:Yeah Griz: If there is one video reel that bothers me the most, it's Sedin taking that and looking like a little baby doing it..
Imagine 9 million Daniel Sedins all taking headshots simultaneously....maybe even syncronized headshots...trippy
We're 10 million now (albeit I guess the Sweden Democrats may question the Swedishness of roughly 1 million)...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Swedish journalist Ingrid Carlqvist says the opinions of the SDs are seldom recorded by the Swedish press.
She is widely discredited in Sweden; has been fired from several papers. Now runs her own online publication Dispatch International, which is part of the counterjihad movement, ie a loose grouping of anti-Muslim organisations. And SD is all over the media, albeit most of the media disagrees with them. They even receive govt funding for their own newspaper, Fria Tider.
Strangelove wrote: The opinions of the SDs reflect the opinions of a large number of Swedes no?
Define large number. They received 12.86% of the vote in the last general election. 87% of voters chose parties that embrace traditional democratic values.

There is certainly a pool of Swedes that are skeptical to immigration that they can draw from. Some 40 percent. But some 62% of Swedes polled in May 2016 were either fairly or very positive to immigration from non-EU countries (such as eg Canada and Syria). (Sverige means Sweden, green is positive, red negative, grey undecided)
https://public.tableau.com/views/Euroba ... y_count=no
https://www.europaportalen.se/2016/08/s ... ivast-i-eu
(And no, this is not white-washing, look at the results for some of the other EU countries! Sheesh! :shock: )

But it’s not that easy for someone to just go from being skeptical of Sweden’s immigration policies to fully embrace the Sweden Democrats. You have to realize that the Sweden Democrats are not just any political party; their roots lie in the neonazi white power movement of the 1980’s. Their origin is an organization called Bevara Sverige Svenskt (Keep Sweden Swedish), basically a bunch of racist skinheads in Doc Marteen’s and bomber jackets that attacked foreigners and wanted to deport all immigrants, including those with Swedish citizenship, by force, to preserve the purity of the race. They motivated their opposition to a NATO membership with fear of American negro soldiers setting foot on Swedish soil and fraternizing with Swedish women. In one of their pamplets they wrote: “Immigration is a threat to the Swedes. Every year the Swedes become fewer and the immigrants more. In four generations there will be no Swedish Sweden. The immigrants and their offspring will have completely occupied Sweden. With perhaps a Turk as dictator and a negro as foreign minister. The population will consist of chocolate coloured mongrels, who do not speak Swedish but a hodge podge of other languages.”

In 1988 the movement regrouped and became a political party, the Sweden Democrats. At first they maintained their openly racist line of arguments, but gradually they have tried to present a more polished façade. The bomber jackets have become three piece suits, they no longer use the nazi salute at public meetings, and they work had to talk about cultural differences rather than race. They officially have done away with their earlier anti-semitism, and instead focus on Muslim-bashing, but ever so often the older members let their tongue slip. Björn Söder (one of those who still shaves his head), who, representing the third biggest party has been named second vice speaker of the Swedish parliament, has stated that those who identify as Jews or Sami can never be fully Swedish. That means he questions the Swedishness of national icons such as Börje Salming, Ingemar Stenmark and Anja Pärsson, as they are all part Sami.
Börje Salming himself commented: “If you say something like that, when everyone knows the Sami are an indigenous population of Sweden, there must be something wrong upstairs.” I fully agree.
http://www.dn.se/sport/johan-esk-ar-ste ... t-svenska/

Söder is part of “the gang of four”; Åkesson, Karlsson, Söder and Jomshof, who are at the forefront of the party. They have been working hard at making the party appear as just another right wing party, but they all joined the party in the 1990’s, when the nazi roots were still fairly visible. There can be no question that they did not know what they were joining. In 1993 the president of the SD youth organization was arrested with a hand grenade, just meters away from the leader of the Left Party, who was holding a May day speech. There is video footage of Åkesson participating in the merry singing of a drinking song about the murder of Olof Palme.

This doesn't play too well with the blue collar workers they try to win over, and for whom Olof Palme is a hero.

The Sweden Democrats have a point in that immigrants are overrepresented in Swedish crime statistics, but they speak less about the fact that the conviction rate of Sweden Democrat MPs is worse than that of immigrants:
Convicted of all crimes:
Swedishborn with Swedishborn parents 5.0%
Second generation immigrant 7.9%
Foreignborn 10.0%
SD MP 10.2%

Convicted of assault
Swedishborn with Swedishborn parents 1.4%
Second generation immigrant 2.4%
Foreignborn 4.1%
SD MP 4.1%

Convicted of drug related crimes:
Swedishborn with Swedishborn parents 0.5%
Second generation immigrant 1.1%
Foreignborn 1,0
SD MP 2,0
http://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/article20042384.ab
And it’s likely to get worse as SD MP Kent Ekeroth is currently being charged with assault and SD MP Anders Forsberg with embezzlement (it’s party funds he has embezzled though, so really, no harm done…)http://www.dn.se/nyheter/sverige/sd-led ... nstledigt/

So it seems if it is someone we should fear, it’s really the Sweden Democrats. :|
Strangelove wrote: SD is the largest political party in Sweden no?
No.

Third in the elections, behind the Social Democrats and the Conservative Party. In some polls (I know you don’t believe in polls, but never mind) they have reached 20% and passed the Conservative Party, but sometimes voters punish their party in the polls, and then return when the election actually takes place, so we’ll see in 2018. I hope they will start shrinking and fading away. I’m not particularly found of racists or neo-Nazis, even when they dress up and look like preppies.
Strangelove wrote: If they talk about the immigrant crisis "from waking up till going to bed" it must be a major problem no?
They think so. I don’t. And neither do most Swedes according to the Eurobarometer survey of May 2016. See above.
Strangelove wrote: Ingrid says that the press muzzles what the SDs have to say about the immigrant crisis... because, ridiculously, they equate any such talk with "hate speech".
I know you have a crush on Ingrid, but you know, when she tweets stuff like “Muslims lack conscience” or “Immigrants are too stupid for democracy”, it’s no wonder she gets in trouble.

You can talk about immigration without resorting to racism. Ingrid and several Sweden Democrats have a problem doing that, but most people should be able to. That being said, it has surely happened that people who try to discuss it in a reasonable tone have been accused of racism just the same, but that’s part of the mud slinging that seems inevitable in politics, but would not hold water in court.
Strangelove wrote: Even over here across the pond, it's hard to find anything in the media about what the SDs are saying.
Not really. A lot of the stuff that Alex Jones, Breitbart et al, even Fox News, say about Sweden originates either from Fria Tider or Avpixlat. The former is a newspaper published by SD, the second a website with very close ties to the party.

And seriously, when was the last time you read something about what any of the other seven parties in the Swedish parliament said? Not counting Carl Bildt, who is retired from Swedish politics but connected to several prestigious think tanks and stuff, so he’ll get enough coverage. But someone still active in Swedish politics, and not in government? I’d be seriously surprised if you have ever read any article on that.

Impress me! :drink:
Strangelove wrote: Two leading Swedish politicians have a message for President Trump’s critics: He’s right.
Per Jimmie Akesson and Mattias Karlsson, both leaders of the Sweden Democrats, penned a Wall Street Journal op-ed on Wednesday supporting Trump’s characterization of a Muslim immigrant-led crime crisis in Sweden.
Of course they say this. That is their bread and butter message. That is what they have been trying to convince the Swedish people of for 20+ years now. With mixed results.

Btw, Mattias Karlsson has stated that Zlatan Ibrahimovic, born and raised in Malmö, is not really Swedish.
Yeah, right. Try to get a majority of Swedes to support that statement. Effing racist! :evil:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It amazes how fearful people are of immigrants and refugees. It's making for an excellent distraction around the world.

Meanwhile, the rich get even richer and are taking over the western world in ways that would make the robber-barons of old turn red with jealousy.

trump and his minions are doing what they can to make their pals richer, while they dangle the threat of immigrants and refugees at the masses.

Seriously - what do any of you actually fear?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Can't speak for everyone but I am assuming it's "radical Islam" that's the culprit here, for me I would be less hesitant if I saw more of the " non-radical migrants doing and saying more against the radicals.

Maybe the mainstream media just isn't reporting the the good and only report the bad.

Other answers may include... I do much better with my head attached or we can't afford our own down and out citizens let alone new immigrants.

Don't know corn but I think the media plays a huge roll in all this...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote:It amazes how fearful people are of immigrants and refugees. It's making for an excellent distraction around the world.

Meanwhile, the rich get even richer and are taking over the western world in ways that would make the robber-barons of old turn red with jealousy.

trump and his minions are doing what they can to make their pals richer, while they dangle the threat of immigrants and refugees at the masses.

Seriously - what do any of you actually fear?
Not sure how to take the question.
To be on the safe side, even though I would like to answer, I don't think I will.
"evolution"