US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Mickey107 »

Just forget it. Drop it. I am.
It's gotten mutated in too may different directions.
No doubt something will come up in the future and I'll be able to say that's what I was talking about.
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

micky107 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 am No doubt something will come up in the future and I'll be able to say that's what I was talking about.
We can only hope... :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 am
micky107 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 am No doubt something will come up in the future and I'll be able to say that's what I was talking about.
We can only hope... :D
You won as soon you knew you could pull me along like a puppy on a leash.
What's worse is that I knew it.
I"ll learn eventually. :oops:
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ ... ody-326374
Internet falls for Trump-'Gorilla Channel' parody

Amid startling disclosures about life in the Trump White House, Twitter users fall for a satirical fake excerpt from Michael Wolff's book that claims the President is obsessed with gorillas.

Amid the cascade of revelations from Michael Wolff’s incendiary book about the Trump administration, one Twitter user posted a screenshot Thursday night of what looked like an especially stunning excerpt. It described how the president, on his first night in office, had complained that White House televisions did not carry "the gorilla channel" and that Trump spent hours a day watching gorilla programming his staff subsequently produced to satisfy his simian appetite.

The excerpt, of course, was satire. But that was not clear to the countless people who spread it like wildfire across the internet

So many Twitter users took seriously the gag excerpt, which included the claim that Trump spends 17 hours a day watching videos of gorillas fighting, that its author subsequently tweeted a clarification and even switched to a highly literal new twitter username — "the gorilla channel thing is a joke” — to underscore the point.

THE GAG:

“To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump’s bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn,” read the fake excerpt, tweeted by a user whose official handle is @pixelatedboat. “However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was ‘boring’ because ‘the gorillas aren’t fighting.

“Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren’t hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied,” the faked excerpt continued, citing “an insider” who said Trump would watch “the gorilla channel” for 17 hours straight on some days. “He kneels in front of the TV, with his face about four inches from the screen,” the nonexistent insider continued, “and says encouraging things to the gorillas, like ‘the way you hit that other gorilla was good.’”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM... get a grip lefties!!!

Somewhat ironic that the crazies who swallow this "insider" crap do so while screaming SOMEONE ELSE is nuts...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-could- ... 25198.html
Trump Could Destroy the Entire Human Species, Says Yale Psychiatrist Who Warned Congress Members

President Donald Trump’s mental health might lead to the extinction of the human species, the Yale psychiatrist briefing lawmakers on the president's psychological state told Newsweek on Friday.

If it were possible, Dr. Bandy Lee said, "we would be declaring a public health emergency that needs to be responded to as quickly as possible.”

“As more time passes, we come closer to the greatest risk of danger, one that could even mean the extinction of the human species,” she said. “This is not hyperbole. This is the reality.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM... get a grip lefties!!!

Somewhat ironic that the nut job who says this is screaming SOMEONE ELSE is nuts...

Are you happy in the reality you have created Dr Lee?

#lockherup

EDIT: hmmm I wonder how many crazies this psychiatrist has just inspired to "do something" to save the human species.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So Doc..... Who is......"the biggest threat to national security?"™ ?

Dr Lee? The Gorilla Channel? It's so hard to keep track!

If Dr Lee is ever a guest on TGC.... We're all dommed™!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Golf Channel? :eh:

EDIT: OHHHH... The Gorilla Channel

Well The Gorilla Channel would look good on Dr Lee. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Gorillas playing golf now? Crazy! But I've seen photos of a large mammal hitting the links a lot lately.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 pm Gorillas playing golf now? Crazy! But I've seen photos of a large mammal hitting the links a lot lately.
... which is probably where @pixelatedboat got the idea for the gag.

You've gotta admit it's hilarious that millions of lefties fell for it! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Darned lefties, :) funny how those darned righties never fall for any fake stories.

It's almost like there's dumb people on both sides!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeahno, The Donald has taught the righties to never fall for "fake news". :D

BUT SERIOUSLY:

“Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren’t hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied,” the faked excerpt continued, citing “an insider” who said Trump would watch “the gorilla channel” for 17 hours straight on some days. “He kneels in front of the TV, with his face about four inches from the screen,” the nonexistent insider continued, “and says encouraging things to the gorillas, like ‘the way you hit that other gorilla was good.’”

Millions of Americans lapped that up... GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm Millions of Americans lapped that up... GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
Millions? Who's peddling the fake news now Doc? :D Your post was the first I'd heard of it.

The Netflix joke tweet was re-tweeted almost 3x as many times as the original post - but, hey - at least nobody went in armed to a pizza joint. ;)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:30 pm Yeahno, The Donald has taught the righties to never fall for "fake news". :D

BUT SERIOUSLY:

Millions of Americans lapped that up... GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

Millions kind of sounds like hyperbole to me :)

But I’m not surprised that there are some who will say anything to discredit trump. He is a hated man after all.

Besides I’m pretty sure that there was fake news three feet deep about Obama from the righties as well.

I think it’s called politicking ...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Millions. This is not hyperbole. This is the reality. 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:30 am Millions. This is not hyperbole. This is the reality. 8-)