US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:48 am
UWSaint wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 am Its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
I guess that's one word for it - from us that don't have a horse in the race.

When they start talking about murder charges, etc - it's obvious that this is all about appealing to the minority of voters.
Murder charges? What's this now?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 am Joking aside -- wait, am I joking?
Yes, I do believe you have been joking here... and on the main board as well! :D

I like this side of you UW.

As for those old laws, I believe the lawmakers will make the necessary adjustments tout suite

... IF the constitutional right to an abortion is gonzo alonso.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

UWSaint wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:12 am Its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Well you might end up with a horse in this race if you knock up one of those hitchhikers. :drink:

And if you're fixed, why, think of the malpractice suit!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:40 pm

When they start talking about murder charges, etc - it's obvious that this is all about appealing to the minority of voters.
Murder charges? What's this now?
LINK
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - There has been a lot of talk about abortion over the last few days, but a new bill to charge women who get them with murder is making strides at the legislature.

The U.S Supreme Court may be considering overturning Roe v. Wade, but State Rep. Danny McCormick (R) said the state can not wait any longer. His bill would charge women who seek to get an abortion with homicide.
The people are just fucked in the head. End of story.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:55 pm LINK
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - There has been a lot of talk about abortion over the last few days, but a new bill to charge women who get them with murder is making strides at the legislature.

The U.S Supreme Court may be considering overturning Roe v. Wade, but State Rep. Danny McCormick (R) said the state can not wait any longer. His bill would charge women who seek to get an abortion with homicide.
The people are just fucked in the head. End of story.
Yeah they're kinda fucky down on the bayou fo sho bro.

But there's no way the majority wants dat dere!

Hell, even the Louisiana Pro-Life folk don't want dat dere (it's in your article).

Anyway, Lousiana Governor John Bel Edwards (D) knows what the people want/don't want.

This bill won't pass, in fact it likely won't even make it to the Governor's desk.

Speaking of "just fucked in the head", do you know what other people are "just fucked in the head"?

The people in New York and California who allow abortions right up until the verge of labour.

(been going on a long time I hear)

Seriously, is dat dere allowed anywhere other than North Korea, China, and parts of America?

Just asking...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:15 pm The people in New York and California who allow abortions right up until the verge of labour.
C'mon Doc- you're better than this... You're reading too much right-wing bullshit these days.

LINK
"We're talking about women who have perhaps chosen the name, women who have purchased the crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice," he said.

According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, just over 1% of all abortions in the U.S. are performed after 21 weeks gestation, which is six weeks before the end of the second trimester. "Abortion later in the second trimester is very rare, and abortion in the third trimester is rarer still, accounting for less than one percent of abortions," the organization said on its website.
We also have HIPPA laws down here that are supposed to protect patient privacy.

But then I guess you support the Texas "snitch on your neighbour" law?

I'm also guessing you support a person's choice when it comes to vaccines?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:33 pm "...and abortion in the third trimester is rarer still, accounting for less than one percent of abortions"
Thanks for answering my question.

So I was right? :wow:

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:33 pm We also have HIPPA laws down here that are supposed to protect patient privacy.
HIPAA :mrgreen:

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:33 pm But then I guess you support the Texas "snitch on your neighbour" law?
Now why on Earth would you think that? :?

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:33 pm I'm also guessing you support a person's choice when it comes to vaccines?
Yes, I support a person's choice when it comes to vaccines.

I also support a person's choice when it comes to abortions.

As long as it's IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER (unless the mother's health is in danger of course).

See, I'm like most people when it comes to dat dere...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I guess you're trolling then when you're comparing an abortion "right up until the verge of labour." with charging people with murder for requesting / getting an abortion.

Those of you in a civilized world (Canada) may not understand that a LOT of people down here vote on this ONE issue - with no grey area at all. So these laws get put into place to appeal to these people using scare tactics (like your "right up until the verge of labour." comment).
Buttigieg asked Wallace to put himself in the shoes of a person seeking such an abortion. “If it’s that late in your pregnancy, then almost by definition, you’ve been expecting to carry it to term,” he said. “We’re talking about women who have perhaps chosen a name, women who have purchased a crib, families that then get the most devastating medical news of their lifetime, something about the health or the life of the mother or viability of the pregnancy, that forces them to make an impossible, unthinkable choice.
LINK

One thing we might agree on is that better sex education might lower the number of these medical procedures - but again - down south, that is frowned upon as well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm I guess you're trolling then when you're comparing an abortion "right up until the verge of labour." with charging people with murder for requesting / getting an abortion.
Not trolling, just pointing out there are folks who are "just fucked in the head" at both extremes.

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm One thing we might agree on is that better sex education might lower the number of these medical procedures...
I was thinking we pretty much agree on everything to do with this issue.

We don't? Which part? :?

BTW, you seem very passionate towards this subject.

May I ask why?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:22 pm
Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm I guess you're trolling then when you're comparing an abortion "right up until the verge of labour." with charging people with murder for requesting / getting an abortion.
Not trolling, just pointing out there are folks who are "just fucked in the head" at both extremes.
Cornuck wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm One thing we might agree on is that better sex education might lower the number of these medical procedures...
I was thinking we pretty much agree on everything to do with this issue.

We don't? Which part? :?

BTW, you seem very passionate towards this subject.

May I ask why?
I'm doing some monotonous computer work right now - so I have time while pages load. ;) Like I said earlier - I/we don't have a horse in this race.

BUT.... with that said, it's an issue that is FUCKING EVERYWHERE around here - and the ONLY ISSUE these redneck dumbfucks get worked up over (of course, it's all the [insert left wing insult here]'s fault - so when I see you compare people who have to make tough choices at the end of a pregnancy with asshole politicians trying to outdo each other on this issue (and I have the time) - you'll get a response.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hmmm.

Dumfucks at both extremes bro.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:38 pm Dumfucks at both extremes bro.
As a general rule, I will agree with that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3QiEah7mc

The Dementia patient was very angry about something last night...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:32 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C3QiEah7mc

The Dementia patient was very angry about something last night...
:lol:

Was he waiting an hour and a half for his pirate pack or...?
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

That is the way Canadian law played out. The Morgentaler decision meant that Dr.'s no longer faced criminal charges for performing abortions, Provinces, with their Constitutional jurisdiction over healthcare, set guidelines and it ultimately comes down to the woman and her doctor making the decision.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.