US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:02 pm
Per wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:58 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 am If Trump does reverse what looks to be a Biden victory, if we thought the endless Russian collusion domination of news cycles was a hilarious story, the next four will be just fucking awesome entertainment.

A Biden win will be boring until the ebony sex tapes come out.
I could live with boring....
But Per....without Trump to consume your energies, what will you do?
I think the bigger question is what will Doc do? 8-)
Kinda odd that a Canadian who lives in the Fraser Valley Bible Belt is so concerned with politics in a different country. Like is he a frequent traveller down south? Does he go on a lot of holidays south of the border? He doesn’t bat an eye that the NDP are running the province he lives in.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:26 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:11 am If Trump does reverse what looks to be a Biden victory, if we thought the endless Russian collusion domination of news cycles was a hilarious story, the next four will be just fucking awesome entertainment.

Your accountant is showing
Yeah, I've never worked in accounting. More like management control.
I just analyse the numbers from accounting to be able to tell the board what's happening, what might happen next and what we should do about it.
Also, I've drifted from financial controlling to business controlling, so now it's more about production numbers, efficiency and targets and stuff.

But sure, a lot of that stuff can be boring too, but not as bad as straight up accounting.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm

It sure is peculiar that the Russians suddenly decided to lay off and butt out in such a crucial election ;)
Oh, Putin is as happy as can be.

He never cared about Trump, especially since the republican hawks stopped him from getting rid of the Crimea induced trade embargo.

No, his main object here has always been to make the US democracy seem dysfunctional, and .... DAMN!

He's as giddy as a school girl. I'm sure he's playing Giuliani like a fiddle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:46 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:49 pm

It sure is peculiar that the Russians suddenly decided to lay off and butt out in such a crucial election ;)
Oh, Putin is as happy as can be.

He never cared about Trump, especially since the republican hawks stopped him from getting rid of the Crimea induced trade embargo.

No, his main object here has always been to make the US democracy seem dysfunctional, and .... DAMN!

He's as giddy as a school girl. I'm sure he's playing Giuliani like a fiddle.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
U.S. intelligence agencies warned the White House last year that President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani was the target of an influence operation by Russian intelligence, according to four former officials familiar with the matter.

The warnings were based on multiple sources, including intercepted communications, that showed Giuliani was interacting with people tied to Russian intelligence during a December 2019 trip to Ukraine, where he was gathering information that he thought would expose corrupt acts by former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter.

The intelligence raised concerns that Giuliani was being used to feed Russian misinformation to the president, the former officials said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information and conversations.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:46 am Putin... Putin... Putin...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SL when does Trump finally concede on his loss???

You guys see Edward Norton's blast on Trump?
I’m no political pundit but I grew up w a dad who was a federal prosecutor & he taught me a lot & I’ve also sat a fair amount of poker w serious players & l’ll say this: I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’ or that ‘chaos is what he loves’. The core of it is that he knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy & this defines his every action.

We’re seeing 1) a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression

2) above all, a desperate endgame which is to create enough chaos & anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, & fear of irreparable damage to the system, that he can cut a Nixon-style deal in exchange for finally conceding. But he doesn’t have the cards. His bluff after ‘the flop’ has been called in court. His ‘turn card’ bluff will be an escalation & his ‘River card’ bluff could be really ugly. But they have to be called. We cannot let this mobster bully the USA into a deal to save his ass by threatening our democracy. THAT is his play. But he’s got junk in his hand. So call him.

I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying.

But his contemptible, treasonous, seditious assault on the stability of our political compact isn’t about 2024, personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos & threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit. Call. His. Bluff.

Faith in the strength of our sacred institutions & founding principles is severely stretched...but they will hold. They will. He’s leaving, gracelessly & in infamy. But if we trade for it, give him some brokered settlement, we’ll be vulnerable to his return. We can’t flinch.

https://twitter.com/EdwardNorton/status ... 9296355328
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Seems Per has an ebony fetish.....who knew.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm SL when does Trump finally concede on his loss???
No one has won or lost this election yet.

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm You guys see Edward Norton's blast on Trump?
Like anyone should care about the political/legal "thoughts" of some mindless Dunning–Kruger-effect full-of-himself actor. :scowl:

His entire premise of a Trumpy-poo "concession" having anything whatsoever to do with the "transfer of power" is dead wrong.

That right there destroys the mongoloid's argument and makes his lengthy texting a complete waste of everyone's time.

"Trump is trying to cut a deal in exchange for his concession" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wot a schmuck!

Also, what "coverup"? :eh: What "evidence suppression"? :hmmm:

This guy is so out to lunch he'll never be back.

Fucking actors these days opening their mouths and removing all doubt amirite? :lol:

Your job is to dance when we say dance Norton, if you do well we might toss you some peanuts...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:31 pm SL when does Trump finally concede on his loss???

You guys see Edward Norton's blast on Trump?
I’m no political pundit but I grew up w a dad who was a federal prosecutor & he taught me a lot & I’ve also sat a fair amount of poker w serious players & l’ll say this: I do not think Trump is trying to ‘make his base happy’ or ‘laying the groundwork for his own network’ or that ‘chaos is what he loves’. The core of it is that he knows he’s in deep, multi-dimensional legal jeopardy & this defines his every action.

We’re seeing 1) a tactical delay of the transition to buy time for coverup & evidence suppression

2) above all, a desperate endgame which is to create enough chaos & anxiety about peaceful transfer of power, & fear of irreparable damage to the system, that he can cut a Nixon-style deal in exchange for finally conceding. But he doesn’t have the cards. His bluff after ‘the flop’ has been called in court. His ‘turn card’ bluff will be an escalation & his ‘River card’ bluff could be really ugly. But they have to be called. We cannot let this mobster bully the USA into a deal to save his ass by threatening our democracy. THAT is his play. But he’s got junk in his hand. So call him.

I will allow that he’s also a whiny, sulky, petulant, Grinchy, vindictive little 10-ply-super-soft bitch who no doubt is just throwing a wicked pout fest & trying to give a tiny-hand middle finger to the whole country for pure spite, without a single thought for the dead & dying.

But his contemptible, treasonous, seditious assault on the stability of our political compact isn’t about 2024, personal enrichment or anything else other than trying to use chaos & threat to the foundation of the system as leverage to trade for a safe exit. Call. His. Bluff.

Faith in the strength of our sacred institutions & founding principles is severely stretched...but they will hold. They will. He’s leaving, gracelessly & in infamy. But if we trade for it, give him some brokered settlement, we’ll be vulnerable to his return. We can’t flinch.

https://twitter.com/EdwardNorton/status ... 9296355328
I’m glad we are letting entitled Hollywood actors frame our opinions on what’s really happening.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm I’m glad we are letting entitled Hollywood actors frame our opinions on what’s really happening.
Since a host of a shitty reality tv show became president, I think anything's fair game.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:36 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:34 pm I’m glad we are letting entitled Hollywood actors frame our opinions on what’s really happening.
Since a host of a shitty reality tv show became president, I think anything's fair game.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Do you take that reality show host seriously Corn?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Mëds wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:58 pm
Do you take that reality show host seriously Corn?
Nope - but isn't anyone entitled to have an opinion? And doesn't everyone have the option to ignore someone else's opinion? Not sure why you got so riled up because someone had an opinion. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds is a 6ft 13 behemoth Ambo driver that lives in Yellowknife. Much like Doc he seems pretty heavily invested in US politics. Not sure why they don’t give a fuck about the retards running their own country/province. I know Mëds flies in from Yellowknife for Canucks games, not sure if he is a frequent traveller to the US, but I don’t think Doc has gone further than Hope in decades. Quite bizarre actually. ;)
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

From now on I’m reading Doc’s posts in this thread in this guy’s voice