US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:20 pm the church had persecuted the ”perfidious Jews” since the Middle Ages. The Holocaust was just the logical conclusion.
Now cut that out. :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:26 pm
Per wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:20 pm the church had persecuted the ”perfidious Jews” since the Middle Ages. The Holocaust was just the logical conclusion.
In Hitler, God, and the Bible, international evangelist and best-selling author Ray Comfort exposes Adolf Hitler's theology and abuse of religion as a means to seize political power and ultimately instigate World War II and genocide. This fascinating study mines the depths of Hitler's beliefs and convincingly argues that without Hitler's misuse of Christianity the Third Reich would not have had its legendary rise, resulting in the deaths of more than six million Jews. Highlighting Hitler's youth, his influences, and his path to seducing a nation, Hitler, God, and the Bible is a fresh, stinging reminder of the power of the cross and how its misuse led to the Final Solution.
https://www.amazon.com/Hitler-God-Bible ... 1536644390
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:32 am
In Hitler, God, and the Bible, international evangelist and best-selling author Ray Comfort exposes Adolf Hitler's theology and abuse of religion as a means to seize political power and ultimately instigate World War II and genocide. This fascinating study mines the depths of Hitler's beliefs and convincingly argues that without Hitler's misuse of Christianity the Third Reich would not have had its legendary rise, resulting in the deaths of more than six million Jews. Highlighting Hitler's youth, his influences, and his path to seducing a nation, Hitler, God, and the Bible is a fresh, stinging reminder of the power of the cross and how its misuse led to the Final Solution.
Yep. You can probably run all around human history and find places where various faiths have been twisted and used as tools to manipulate societies into committing atrocities on national and international levels. In the case of Christianity it's not at all surprising to see that this has happened multiple times, it's even written in the Bible that there will be many who come and try to deceive and coerce. Christ himself said as much in Matthew 7.....

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will recognize them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 So, every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit.

Unless a religion or faith is doctrinally biased towards hostile or offensive behaviors, the deeds that are perpetrated in the name of said religion(s) ultimately land on the shoulders of the followers of those faiths who went along with the twisting of the doctrine. I can't speak for many other religions, but when it comes to Christianity I know that the New Testament is full of warnings and instructions for Christians to actually KNOW what the Bible teaches so that they do not step out of the true faith and teachings of Christ and into what Paul described in 2 Timothy 4.....

"For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, will multiply teachers for themselves because they have an itch to hear what they want to hear."

Jesus brought a gospel of peace, turning the old Judaic law and tradition on its head, replacing judgment, consequence, and eye-for-an-eye, with mercy, grace, and forgiveness. So at the end of the day it comes down to the question, is Christianity evil, or are people simply evilly inclined to a self-serving nature and will take every opportunity to get what they want?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:51 am
5thhorseman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 am I'm going to take back my prediction of Trump winning 2020.
No take backs!

And lucky for you, cuz this is your chance to be right for once. :mrgreen:
So what's the story behind Trump taking this cognitive test, which he 'aced'? Maybe there are concerns he is losing his mind.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hitler using, abusing, misusing Christianity is not what you were inferring.

You said Christian persecution of Jews "culminated" in the Holocaust.

I know you were just trolling me with that, so whatever...

It could be argued Herr Hitler used, abused, misused everyone.

Including Charles Darwin of course...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%B6lkisch_movement

So yeah... one could say the beliefs of self-professing "atheists"... "culminated" in the Holocaust.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:17 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:30 am I'm going to take back my prediction of Trump winning 2020.
No take backs!

So what's the story behind Trump taking this cognitive test, which he 'aced'? Maybe there are concerns he is losing his mind.
Donald Trump is a stable genius, so you best get on board and stay on board pal. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:48 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:17 pm
No take backs!

Donald Trump is a stable genius, so you best get on board and stay on board pal. :drink:
4D chessmaster taking a cognitive test including being asked to identify an elephant? Just a normal annual checkup huh?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

"We’ve had racists, and they’ve existed, they’ve tried to get elected president. (Trump) is the first one that has." Joe Biden

1). Trump is not a racist.

2). 12 US Presidents have been slaveholders.

Seriously.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

"We’ve had racists, and they’ve existed" :eh:

This sniffer is the best the Dems have to offer?!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:03 pm 4D chessmaster taking a cognitive test including being asked to identify an elephant? Just a normal annual checkup huh?
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:45 pm
Hitler using, abusing, misusing Christianity is not what you were inferring.

You said Christian persecution of Jews "culminated" in the Holocaust.

I know you were just trolling me with that, so whatever...

It could be argued Herr Hitler used, abused, misused everyone.

Including Charles Darwin of course...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%B6lkisch_movement

So yeah... one could say the beliefs of self-professing "atheists"... "culminated" in the Holocaust.
Problem with that theory is more than 90% of Germans at the time self identified as Christians... and many of the rest ended up in the camps. :|

But yeah, Adolf was good at twisting things.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Per wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:00 pm Problem with that theory is more than 90% of Germans at the time self identified as Christians... and many of the rest ended up in the camps. :|

But yeah, Adolf was good at twisting things.
Identifying as Christian and being Christian can be entirely different things.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:02 pm Identifying as Christian and being Christian can be entirely different things.
This is how Christians avoid responsibility for their faith. "Oh, so and so did something evil. Well, they're not TRUE Christians."

The true Christians do no wrong. It's all the fake Christians giving us a bad name.

May as well replace "Christian" with "BLM".
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

5thhorseman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 am
May as well replace "Christian" with "BLM".
Yep - it's always the case, isn't it. Point out the faults of the few to tarnish the whole (Doc's whole game plan in this thread ;) ).

Add in the fact that it's impossible to hold up to a lifetime of Christian ideals, and everyone is set up for failure. (Yes, faith vs works, etc etc...) To me it seems many would rather just say "Fuck it" and align themselves with a cause and not worry about the details of what's actually required.

"I'm a Christian, and you should be too! If not, I'll burn you alive"

"I'm with BLM and I deserve these Nikes I see in the window"
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The DNC data was handed to Wikileaks on a disk, not hacked - former NSA director Bill Binney.

el rey del mambo