US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm It is funny, I remember republicans losing their shit over a messy dress.
Not like this they didn't...

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm But if we are keeping score, 8 years in the Whitehouse versus a life time on the Supreme Court?
WINNING :mrgreen:

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm To be honest, I’d rather a kangaroo court. At least a kangaroo will get it right once in a while.
Salty! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:44 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm It is funny, I remember republicans losing their shit over a messy dress.
Not like this they didn't...

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm But if we are keeping score, 8 years in the Whitehouse versus a life time on the Supreme Court?
WINNING :mrgreen:

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:38 pm To be honest, I’d rather a kangaroo court. At least a kangaroo will get it right once in a while.
Salty! :D
Like this !?

Impeachment?

Yeah the Connie’s are winning right now but let’s see worm turn in November.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Impeachment for what?

There are some legal opinions of Justice Kavenaugh I do not agree with, and fortunately the the courts did not agree either, but when the 11th hour sexual assault allegations fell through because there was no corroborating evidence, the focus shifted to his party habits in high school and university. That is laughable and at the same time very frightening. To witness the minutiae dissection of the high school yearbook entry was nothing short of McCarthyism.

Dr Ford could not recall a where or when, she was even unsure of the year that something may have happened to her. The four other people she placed at the party say they were not there and know nothing of the incident. Swetnick was a sick joke. Deborah Ramirez had no collaboration. All these allegations came to the public after the formal conformation hearings that examined the back ground and jurisprudence of Justice Kavenaugh.

It is no wonder that Dr Ford wished her allegations to remain secret. She knew there was nothing backing them up.

First Trump put his name forward, Dems hated him before examining his record and vowed not to have him appointed. Next came the Senate Judiciary hearings where Dems hated him and tried to get him to answer leading questions on matters that may one day face the Supreme Court. Justice Kavenaugh was smart enough to see through them.

Once it became clear they could not defeat him on his jurisprudence, out came the meritless sexual assault allegations. Calmer heads in the House saw the holes in the story. Then came the high school and university drinking. I'm even reading criticism of his silver spoon prep school upbringing as if he had a choice in those matters.

What matters in a SCOTUS associate is their ability to make sound legal decisions, not their party drinking habits in high school.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Topper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am What matters in a SCOTUS associate is their ability to make sound legal decisions, not their party drinking habits in high school.
While I agree with that statement, and don't care if (or how much) he drank in high school. For me, it was his laughable defense of the drinking - "Ralph club - biggest contributor" - due to his "weak stomach"? :roll: He should have just owned up to all of it like an adult and not sat there with horrible excuses that even his parent didn't buy back in the day. Seems there were some money issues that could have used a little more investigation as well.

Then to blame it all on a "Clinton revenge conspiracy"? And throw back questions to a senator (rude and unhinged imo). In my unprofessional opinion, we saw the performance of an alcoholic in badly need of a drink not handling stress at all well. Bodes well for his future.

He was picked for his partisan ideals, plain an simple. What makes it worse is the same panel crying over unfair treatment after denying Garland.

So - maybe "What matters in a SCOTUS associate is their ability to make sound legal decisions" - is no longer enough - you have to be a party hack as well. I guess as long as you deny drinking to excess, then say how much you like beer and cry, it shows you're another stable genius.

The whole process was a fucking embarrassment (for both sides) - but the grandstanding by McConnell and Graham were over the top. I guess these clowns can perform for the circus ringleader to get 'their' job done.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am
... the focus shifted to his party habits in high school and university. That is laughable and at the same time very frightening. To witness the minutiae dissection of the high school yearbook entry was nothing short of McCarthyism.
- - -
... I'm even reading criticism of his silver spoon prep school upbringing as if he had a choice in those matters.

What matters in a SCOTUS associate is their ability to make sound legal decisions, not their party drinking habits in high school.
While I agree that drinking habits in high school should not be an issue, they became an issue because he lied about them.
Just as the impeachment case against Clinton was not about his affair with Lewinski, but him lying about it.

The same with the silver spoon thing, if it is what I think; he claimed he busted his butt to get into Yale, but it then turned out he was a legacy student, who was accepted because there were alumni in his family.

Both these issues become relevant because they indicate that he is dishonest.

That being said, I am convinced the democrats had had no problems confirming him if it weren't for Merrick Garland.
The republicans decided to turn scotus confirmations into dirty partisan politics, and now the democrats have followed suit.

It's part of the increased political divide in the USA that started with Newt Gingrich and has been escalating since.
It's sad, because it would be better for America - and the rest of us - if they could reach across the aisle more often and find common sense broad solutions to problems, that would be acceptable for all.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am Impeachment for what?

There are some legal opinions of Justice Kavenaugh I do not agree with, and fortunately the the courts did not agree either, but when the 11th hour sexual assault allegations fell through because there was no corroborating evidence, the focus shifted to his party habits in high school and university. That is laughable and at the same time very frightening. To witness the minutiae dissection of the high school yearbook entry was nothing short of McCarthyism.

Dr Ford could not recall a where or when, she was even unsure of the year that something may have happened to her. The four other people she placed at the party say they were not there and know nothing of the incident. Swetnick was a sick joke. Deborah Ramirez had no collaboration. All these allegations came to the public after the formal conformation hearings that examined the back ground and jurisprudence of Justice Kavenaugh.

It is no wonder that Dr Ford wished her allegations to remain secret. She knew there was nothing backing them up.

First Trump put his name forward, Dems hated him before examining his record and vowed not to have him appointed. Next came the Senate Judiciary hearings where Dems hated him and tried to get him to answer leading questions on matters that may one day face the Supreme Court. Justice Kavenaugh was smart enough to see through them.

Once it became clear they could not defeat him on his jurisprudence, out came the meritless sexual assault allegations. Calmer heads in the House saw the holes in the story. Then came the high school and university drinking. I'm even reading criticism of his silver spoon prep school upbringing as if he had a choice in those matters.

Sorry I meant the republican atttempt to impeach Clinton which apparently Kavanaugh was the judge.?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:17 am Impeachment for what?

Sorry I meant the republican atttempt to impeach Clinton which apparently Kavanaugh was the judge.?
Kavenaugh worked for Kenneth Starr

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 amThe same with the silver spoon thing, if it is what I think; he claimed he busted his butt to get into Yale, but it then turned out he was a legacy student, who was accepted because there were alumni in his family.
Drinking, he admitted he may have drank to the point of falling asleep. Other's claim he blacked out...semantics me thinks.

Busting his ass at Yale. He did end up as a SCOTUS Clerk out of Law School. Only the brightest get that consideration. Doubt if anyone weaves their way delivering parking lot of pizzas for that.

A comment he made during the excruciating exam of his high school year book. A comment made with a sigh, an eye roll and possibly a penl flip (sharpie) reminiscent of Dave Hodge. ...we were trying to be like Animal House.....

In reality they were more like Omegas than Deltas.

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:26 pm
Per wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 amThe same with the silver spoon thing, if it is what I think; he claimed he busted his butt to get into Yale, but it then turned out he was a legacy student, who was accepted because there were alumni in his family.
Drinking, he admitted he may have drank to the point of falling asleep. Other's claim he blacked out...semantics me thinks.

Busting his ass at Yale. He did end up as a SCOTUS Clerk out of Law School. Only the brightest get that consideration. Doubt if anyone weaves their way delivering parking lot of pizzas for that.

A comment he made during the excruciating exam of his high school year book. A comment made with a sigh, an eye roll and possibly a penl flip (sharpie) reminiscent of Dave Hodge. ...we were trying to be like Animal House.....

In reality they were more like Omegas than Deltas.
Yeah, he obviously has the qualifications, and as I stated earlier, if it were not for Merrick Garland, I think the democrats would have confirmed him without making a fuss. But because of the way the republicans obstructed in the case of Garland, they now left no stone unturned.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, what about the Saudis? :eh:

A Washington Post columnist enters the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
Fifteen government agents with a bone saw arrive shortly thereafter.
The journalist is never seen again. :(

Turkey reveals they have sound recordings of the journalist being murdered.

Time to bomb Iraq? :|
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

10,000 + people marching 1000's of miles to immigrate to the US.

Must be a GREAT place. I don't recall this happening under the previous administration.

Someone must have Made America Great Again

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Who has done what?

It is no better today than 3 years ago except a normal change in a country. Actually it probably is a worse place today than 3 years with the increase of tension occurring and fully supported by the White House. Have never seen a leader so one sided in my life, only his supports are good and everyone else is fake or wrong, so much hate I am surprised there has not been any bloodshed yet. Except of course the good ol people who run cars into others or maybe send packages to news outlets and ex presidents.

I guess that is a another typical day in the good old USA.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am
Topper wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 am 10,000 + people marching 1000's of miles to immigrate to the US.

Must be a GREAT place. I don't recall this happening under the previous administration.

Who has done what?

It is no better today than 3 years ago except a normal change in a country. Actually it probably is a worse place today than 3 years with the increase of tension occurring and fully supported by the White House. Have never seen a leader so one sided in my life, only his supports are good and everyone else is fake or wrong, so much hate I am surprised there has not been any bloodshed yet. Except of course the good ol people who run cars into others or maybe send packages to news outlets and ex presidents.

So these "10,000 + people".... are morons?? :wow:

No offense Reef, but you sound like a hateful racist bigot...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:17 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:53 am
Topper wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 am 10,000 + people marching 1000's of miles to immigrate to the US.

Who has done what?

So these "10,000 + people".... are morons?? :wow:

No offense Reef, but you sound like a hateful racist bigot...
I can see why you like Trump and he is your hero.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:54 pm I can see why you like Trump and he is your hero.
No you can't.
____
Try to focus on someday.