US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:59 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 am Give it up Per, some people I guess prefers comedy over running a country properly.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... in-office/

The Historic Results of President Donald J. Trump’s First Two Years in Office
LOL! Agreed that was truly humourous! :lol:

I mean, who can seriously mistake this for an honest objective analysis?

I mean apart from the fact that GDP and employment figures have been on the rise since 2009, after Obama started adressing the crisis that happened under Dubya, the positive curves are just continuing into the first two years of Trump....

Most of the rest is just hyperbole and praising the dismantling of environmental protection.
•President Trump negotiated a new trade agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico to replace the disastrous and outdated North American Free Trade Agreement.

•The Administration authorized $12 billion to aid farmers affected by unfair retaliatory tariffs.

•One of the President’s first actions after taking office was withdrawing the United States from the terrible Trans-Pacific Partnership, which incentivized outsourcing.

•American steel and aluminum jobs are coming back following President Trump’s tariffs to protect domestic industries that are vital to national security.
All the hilarious adjectives aside, most objective observers agree that there were minor adjustments to the Nafta agreement. The greatest difference is probably the name change.

Withdrawing from the TPP basically cedes the Asian market to China. That Obama put so much effort into it was to secure that America would continue to play an important role in that area.

The "unfair" retaliatory tariffs are the cost of starting a trade war. Furtermore, they are in accordance with WTO regulations on how to respond to illegal tariffs of the kind the USA imposed. And the last paragraph in this section is laughable. Trump uses a clause in WTO regulations for purposes it was clearly not designed for. Buying most of their steel and aluminium from Canada does not pose a national security risk to the USA.

•President Trump imposed tariffs to protect American-made washing machines and solar products that were hurt by import surges.
So he is screwing the American consumers, forcing them to pay more for inferior Products. :roll:
•American coal exports increased by more than 60 percent in 2017.
Because everyone else is moving away from a dying industry with no future. More and more countries shut down their coal mines and move to smarter and cleaner energy sources. This is the dead cat bounce from picking up market share in a sector nobody wants to be in.
Even Qatar is investing heavily in solar.
•The President signed legislation to open up energy exploration in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge.
•The President has ended the war on coal, cutting Obama-era regulations such as the “Stream Protection Rule” which was estimated to cost industries $81 million a year.
•President Trump is replacing the Clean Power Plan, a flawed Obama-era regulation that the Supreme Court ordered halted.
•President Trump rescinded the hydraulic fracturing rule, which was expected to cost the oil and gas industry $32 million per year.
So that the American public will have no regulations protecting their water and air? Yeah, great policies..... :look:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ See Reef? Catholic-hating commies...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:59 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:00 am Give it up Per, some people I guess prefers comedy over running a country properly.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... in-office/

The Historic Results of President Donald J. Trump’s First Two Years in Office
LOL! Agreed that was truly humourous! :lol:

I mean, who can seriously mistake this for an honest objective analysis?

I mean apart from the fact that GDP and employment figures have been on the rise since 2009, after Obama started adressing the crisis that happened under Dubya, the positive curves are just continuing into the first two years of Trump....

Most of the rest is just hyperbole and praising the dismantling of environmental protection.
•President Trump negotiated a new trade agreement between the United States, Canada, and Mexico to replace the disastrous and outdated North American Free Trade Agreement.

•The Administration authorized $12 billion to aid farmers affected by unfair retaliatory tariffs.

•One of the President’s first actions after taking office was withdrawing the United States from the terrible Trans-Pacific Partnership, which incentivized outsourcing.

•American steel and aluminum jobs are coming back following President Trump’s tariffs to protect domestic industries that are vital to national security.
All the hilarious adjectives aside, most objective observers agree that there were minor adjustments to the Nafta agreement. The greatest difference is probably the name change.

Withdrawing from the TPP basically cedes the Asian market to China. That Obama put so much effort into it was to secure that America would continue to play an important role in that area.

The "unfair" retaliatory tariffs are the cost of starting a trade war. Furtermore, they are in accordance with WTO regulations on how to respond to illegal tariffs of the kind the USA imposed. And the last paragraph in this section is laughable. Trump uses a clause in WTO regulations for purposes it was clearly not designed for. Buying most of their steel and aluminium from Canada does not pose a national security risk to the USA.

•President Trump imposed tariffs to protect American-made washing machines and solar products that were hurt by import surges.
So he is screwing the American consumers, forcing them to pay more for inferior Products. :roll:
•American coal exports increased by more than 60 percent in 2017.
Because everyone else is moving away from a dying industry with no future. More and more countries shut down their coal mines and move to smarter and cleaner energy sources. This is the dead cat bounce from picking up market share in a sector nobody wants to be in.
Even Qatar is investing heavily in solar.
•The President signed legislation to open up energy exploration in the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge.
•The President has ended the war on coal, cutting Obama-era regulations such as the “Stream Protection Rule” which was estimated to cost industries $81 million a year.
•President Trump is replacing the Clean Power Plan, a flawed Obama-era regulation that the Supreme Court ordered halted.
•President Trump rescinded the hydraulic fracturing rule, which was expected to cost the oil and gas industry $32 million per year.
So that the American public will have no regulations protecting their water and air? Yeah, great policies..... :look:
Thanks for your greenish-pink spin Per, where would we ever be without it!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:50 pm Thanks for your greenish-pink spin Per, where would we ever be without it!
well, completely lost, I guess. :drink:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Guess he got tired of winning...?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ground work for emergency funding if necessary. Temporary end of the shutdown at the Dems request to restart negotiations. When those fail, the case for emergency funding is all the stronger.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 am Ground work for emergency funding if necessary. Temporary end of the shutdown at the Dems request to restart negotiations. When those fail, the case for emergency funding is all the stronger.
And the great news is that if this precedent is set, the next democratic president can cite national emergency to override Congress in order to pass extensive legislation regarding the climate change! :thumbs:

Let's see if Trump is willing to take that gamble. :D

I know the republican party leadership is set against it, for the very reasons I cited.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 am Ground work for emergency funding if necessary. Temporary end of the shutdown at the Dems request to restart negotiations. When those fail, the case for emergency funding is all the stronger.
And the great news is that if this precedent is set, the next democratic president can cite national emergency to override Congress in order to pass extensive legislation regarding the climate change! :thumbs:

I know the republican party leadership is set against it, for the very reasons I cited.
There are very strict spending restraints on these emergency measures. It is a reallocation of money, not new money.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Oprah Winfrey is throwing her hat in the ring.

Pretty much a shoe in to win the next election if she does.

The inbreds down south love a star candidate.

I enjoy Trump for his clownish behaviour and the shit he spews out of his mouth. Not sure if I want to see another prez in the Excited States.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 am
Per wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:16 pm

There are very strict spending restraints on these emergency measures. It is a reallocation of money, not new money.
Well, banning fossile fuels wouldn't really cost the federal government much, but it would be a blow to the oil and coal industries. But let's hope everyone is sensible and sticks to democracy. Emergemcy measures should be reserved for real emergencies. Not pet projects.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am Oprah Winfrey is throwing her hat in the ring.

Pretty much a shoe in to win the next election if she does.

The inbreds down south love a star candidate.

I enjoy Trump for his clownish behaviour and the shit he spews out of his mouth. Not sure if I want to see another prez in the Excited States.
II wouldn't worry. It's actually her spiritual leader.
https://graziadaily.co.uk/celebrity/new ... president/ Image
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:10 pm Today Ginsberg had cancerous growths removed from her lungs .........tic, tic, tic, tic

SCOTUS

Check out the "accidental" graphic at the 12 second mark. :lol:

No one has seen hide nor hair of Ginsburg for at least a month.

All kinds of rumours floating around out there. :drink:

Hey, we've all gotta go, but you've gotta appreciate the timing here!

Fox tries to explain at the 38 second mark

... and yeah I guess they could have accidentally put it up onscreen...

but you don't accidentally create a graphic like that! :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:10 pm Today Ginsberg had cancerous growths removed from her lungs .........tic, tic, tic, tic

SCOTUS

I guess they are just itching to pull the trigger on the wicked witch is dead let’s overturn Roe V Wade

Soon as the old girl hits the ground it’ll be all the world will hear about.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:15 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:26 pm

SCOTUS

I guess they are just itching to pull the trigger on the wicked witch is dead let’s overturn Roe V Wade

Soon as the old girl hits the ground it’ll be all the world will hear about.
No worries quite yet uk she was seen at an undisclosed gym with her personal trainer recently..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….