US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 pm So when lefties go too far they paint crosswalks the colours of the rainbow and take down old statues and censure people for not respecting other people’s realities.

When righties go too far they put on sheets and take to lynchings...
OMG is that what your leftist media is filling your head with these days? :lol: :lol: :lol:

All of a sudden UK doesn't like what Cleese has to say lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:46 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 pm So when lefties go too far they paint crosswalks the colours of the rainbow and take down old statues and censure people for not respecting other people’s realities.

OMG is that what your leftist media is filling your head with these days? :lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI
Sheets and lynchings was a Democrat or lefty thing if you will.. 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

rats19 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:15 pm

FYI
That's just history though.

Currently, antifa only uses violence as self-defense to stop the hurtful thoughts and words of the right. :look:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 am

FYI

Currently, antifa only uses violence as self-defense to stop the hurtful thoughts and words of the right. :look:
So right don
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:26 pm
Per wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:22 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:30 pm
Per wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:14 pm He wasn’t threatening to withhold aid, he was actually withholding aid, that is a fact. Sure, only for a few weeks
And? :drink:

Nothing wrong with that...
Actually, there is.....
The aid had been decided by congress. The president had nothing to do with it. He had no right to block it, nor did he have a legitimate reason to do so.

He did it just for leverage, and that could possibly be a criminal act.
But he didn't withhold the aid for leverage.
:eh:
WASHINGTON — The top American diplomat in Ukraine on Tuesday gave impeachment investigators a vivid and impassioned account of how multiple senior administration officials told him that President Trump blocked security aid to Ukraine and refused to meet the country’s leader until he agreed to publicly pledge to investigate Mr. Trump’s political rivals.

In testimony to impeachment investigators delivered in defiance of State Department orders, the diplomat, William B. Taylor Jr., sketched out in remarkable detail a quid pro quo pressure campaign on Ukraine that Mr. Trump and his allies have long denied. He said the president sought to condition the entire United States relationship with Ukraine — including a $391 million aid package whose delay put Ukrainian lives in danger — on a promise that the country would publicly investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his family.

His account implicated Mr. Trump, citing multiple sources inside the government. Those include a budget official who said during a secure National Security Council conference call in July that she had been instructed not to approve the security assistance for Ukraine, and that, Mr. Taylor said, “the directive had come from the president.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/22/us/t ... e=Homepage

... and the walls are closing in ....

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

FYI
I think it’s the other way round, back in the day republicans were the progressive party and democrats were the party of status quo.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

No you misunderstand I do think political correctness can be taken too far. The pendulum does swing to far in either direction and Cleese is right there needs to be balance.

But the comments and beliefs of the populist right are no where near balanced.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 am

FYI

As I said to Rats I think you have your history wrong.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Just stop UK, you're making a fool of yourself.

Just because you are oblivious to the Dems racist past doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I don't want to flood this board with 100 pages of bloody Dem history (in Per-uvian fashion).

So please do a little research my friend...

You also seem oblivious to the violent actions of Antifa, you could start here:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/ant ... ri18n=true

But then you're a guy whose atlas doesn't include the nation of Israel, so why am I not surprised. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:31 am ... and the walls are closing in ....

That's what you said about the Russian collusion "investigation"! :lol:

Yeahno, just the latest episode of the SLSC (Sore Loser Smear Campaign)...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I have always found it to be no small irony that when the leftists lose they go out of their way to smear the winner, and get downright dirty about it.

The rights just take it on the chin and regroup with a "We'll get them next time" (which they often do), and point to facts.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Mëds wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 pm I have always found it to be no small irony that when the leftists lose they go out of their way to smear the winner, and get downright dirty about it.

The rights just take it on the chin and regroup with a "We'll get them next time" (which they often do), and point to facts.
I agree Mëds
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 pm I have always found it to be no small irony that when the leftists lose they go out of their way to smear the winner, and get downright dirty about it.

Nope Mëds the left just points to the smear that is the dirty right is all.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:02 pm Just stop UK, you're making a fool of yourself.

Just because you are oblivious to the Dems racist past doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I don't want to flood this board with 100 pages of bloody Dem history (in Per-uvian fashion).

So please do a little research my friend...

You also seem oblivious to the violent actions of Antifa, you could start here:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/ant ... ri18n=true

But then you're a guy whose atlas doesn't include the nation of Israel, so why am I not surprised. :)
I’m not oblivious to America’s racist past. I suggested that there was a platform shift in the US around the civil war when Republicans were the progressive party, the party of big government and the democrats were the opposite, the party of state’s rights and small government and slavery.

That reality began to shift and fully flipped with FDR’s new deal, where today reasonable people vote democrat and
Assholes and the deluded trailer park toothless masses (present company excluded) vote trump.

Apparently, there used to be a moderate right but I think that was unicorn territory.

However, to suggest that the democrats today have some dirty little secret is ridiculous and are the same party with some connection to lynchings in past is as ludicrous as saying Trump is a kind old geezer.

And you can flood these pages in Per- uvian fashion with your twisted analysis as you like.

The point is extremism is extremism but there are far more acts of violence from the right than there are from the left.

Even your article backs that position.

My original statement was meant to be tongue in cheek but by your reaction I think maybe there is more truth in it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:46 pm However, to suggest that the democrats today have some dirty little secret is ridiculous and are the same party with some connection to lynchings in past is as ludicrous as saying Trump is a kind old geezer.

And you can flood these pages in Per- uvian fashion...
But I don't want to flood these pages in Per-uvian fashion. :?

Especially when you're the only one who seems to be in the dark on these well-known facts.

First google result:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/196 ... ng_on_Race

Why don't you start there and get back to us in twenty years...

ukcanuck wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:46 pm The point is extremism is extremism but there are far more acts of violence from the right than there are from the left.
Wrong... again... we've been through this before, violent nut-jobs on both sides.

And yup, your precious Antifa may yet be classified a terrorist organization in America...
____
Try to focus on someday.