US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:04 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:24 pm Obama = 8 years

Donald Duck = 2
Not surprised at your simplistic approach there Mr Whoosh. :roll:
Not surprised at your ability to grab an alternate reality when needed. Good come back.
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear: You're completely out to lunch Mr I Can Count.

(again)

Please seek help immediately, I fear you may have a lesion on your brain. :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Today Ginsberg had cancerous growths removed from her lungs .........tic, tic, tic, tic

SCOTUS
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:40 pm Can’t help but notice some of the dates on docs list... Obama assumed office in 2009.

“Normal” LOL.
Eight years vs two years.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

So, I assume when Trump said he'll have everyone saying Merry Xmas.... he was ironic? :|
Trump’s shutdown stunt is an act of needless stupidity
“IT’S ACTUALLY part of what you do when you sign up for any public service position.” So said Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) when asked about the hundreds of thousands of federal workers who will have to work without pay or be furloughed without pay over the holidays in a partial government shutdown.
Affected is about a third of the government workforce — about 800,000 employees — in key departments, including Homeland Security, State and Justice
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 6e0a76e78d

I have a friend from Berlin visiting. He cannot understand why anyone would want a wall. :lol:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:57 pm
Per wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 pm Here are some of those who have left, probably not a complete list:

Guess they must have fitted the White House with revolving doors...

:mex:
Here are some of those who left the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, probably not a complete list:

Every criticism of Trump seems to be met with a whataboutobama or yeahbut hillary...

tiresome...

Trump's revolving door seems to be spinning a lot faster, has higher profile positions and creating much more controversy.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 am
Per wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:23 pm Here are some of those who have left, probably not a complete list:

Here are some of those who left the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION, probably not a complete list:

Every criticism of Trump seems to be met with a whataboutobama or yeahbut hillary...

tiresome...

Trump's revolving door seems to be spinning a lot faster, has higher profile positions and creating much more controversy.
Not only that but every one of them who leave say the man is a complete idiot. But they all must be lefties.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 am

tiresome...

Please consider this possibility: YOU are tiresome. Image

The way I saw it, Per playfully threw out some random numbers and yours truly playfully played along.

There were no opinions or conclusions offered... at that point.

Now you and Reef, and to my surprise Per seem to be indicating that the numbers lead to only one inescapable conclusion:

"Somehow these numbers mean Trump is losing in some kind of contest." (something like that?)

But consider this…

Perhaps these numbers… increasing with each Presidency

… are merely a reflection of increasing partisanship.

And/or perhaps the one with the higher number actually wins in the Resist Era

… because it reveals courage of conviction of the man on the throne.

And/or perhaps each case should be explored deeper to discover how many left in protest

… and how many were fired/forced-out.

Perhaps something else... or perhaps none of the above?

Perhaps we should have just left it there, allowing people to chuckle or draw their own personal conclusions?

Perhaps we should just have a little fun once in awhile whilst ensure both sides receive some good-natured jabs?

But it appears you people take things at surface value and take them far, far too seriously.

Me, I was just having a little fun in responding to Trump numbers with Obama numbers.

(basically asking Per: Where are you going with this good buddy, or are you just goofing around?)

So NOW do you understand why I threw those Obama numbers out there

... or are you too blinded by Trump-hate to see what this artist is painting?

Laughing my ass off, I'm the one who is "tiresome"? :lol:

But hey, I get it, you people aren't allowed to think, you have your marching orders, and so to you I can only say...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :santa:

(that's Lord Trump in the MAGA Santa hat)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:38 pm (basically asking Per: Where are you going with this good buddy, or are you just goofing around?)
It just seems messy.

The USA will now have an acting secretary of defense, an acting attorney-general, no UN ambassador, no interior secretary, no deputy at HUD or at DHS, and an acting EPA administrator. Also, a large number of embassies still have no ambassador.

It increases the risks of things not being handeled properly.

Like the sudden pullout of Syria.

Did you see Macrons comments on that? :eh:
“I very deeply regret the decision made on Syria,” Macron said Sunday during a news conference in Chad, Reuters reported. “To be allies is to fight shoulder to shoulder. It’s the most important thing for a head of state and head of the military,” he added. “An ally should be dependable.”
https://www.newsweek.com/ally-dependabl ... al-1269997

Or the Senate voting 100-0 on a bill to solve the budget crisis, with the President's tacit blessing, and the President then refusing to sign the bill into effect... :roll:

100-0. Not a single republican senator opposed it. I mean, I guess that's good news, right? :look:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Donald Duck has not shown that he can make a sound and rational decision. The world is in a worse place since he has become president and I truly hope the Yanks come to their senses and vote him out in 2020.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:46 pm Donald Duck has not shown that he can make a sound and rational decision. The world is in a worse place since he has become president and I truly hope the Yanks come to their senses and vote him out in 2020.
Yes, pulling out of wars and denuclearization of the Korean peninsula are horrendous for the world.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:03 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:46 pm Donald Duck has not shown that he can make a sound and rational decision. The world is in a worse place since he has become president and I truly hope the Yanks come to their senses and vote him out in 2020.
Yes, pulling out of wars and denuclearization of the Korean peninsula are horrendous for the world.
Mmm... pulling out of a war (where ISIS still has some 30,000 ground troops, according to US military intelligence) without discussing it with your allies, and where the Kurdish democratic resistance is relying on Western democracies to back them up against Assad, Turkey and Russia when the books close - yeah, that counts as horrendous in my book. :drink:

As for the denuclearization - never happened. Kim was just playing Trump like a violin. Got all sorts of concessions, but did not give anything in return. Satellite photos show their nuclear projects have kept running throughout the whole time period.
In contrast, Iran has followed the treaty they signed with the UN security council members (+ Germany) to a T, and look at how they were rewarded.... :crazy:

Sends a clear message to everyone, right? Following agreements does not get rewarded. Breaking agreements does not get punished. Why pay any respect to what the US says or does? It has become a banana republic. :|
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Per wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 am
Strangelove wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:38 pm (basically asking Per: Where are you going with this good buddy, or are you just goofing around?)
It just seems messy.

The USA will now have an acting secretary of defense, an acting attorney-general, no UN ambassador, no interior secretary, no deputy at HUD or at DHS, and an acting EPA administrator. Also, a large number of embassies still have no ambassador.

It increases the risks of things not being handeled properly.

Like the sudden pullout of Syria.

Did you see Macrons comments on that? :eh:
“I very deeply regret the decision made on Syria,” Macron said Sunday during a news conference in Chad, Reuters reported. “To be allies is to fight shoulder to shoulder. It’s the most important thing for a head of state and head of the military,” he added. “An ally should be dependable.”
https://www.newsweek.com/ally-dependabl ... al-1269997

Or the Senate voting 100-0 on a bill to solve the budget crisis, with the President's tacit blessing, and the President then refusing to sign the bill into effect... :roll:

100-0. Not a single republican senator opposed it. I mean, I guess that's good news, right? :look:
Not to mention sending tweets about how stoopid the federal reserve is to believe in fundamental economic theories, thus making the Dow Jones stock index go into a death spiral on xmas eve... :roll:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Peaceniks wanna fight.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:24 pm Peaceniks wanna fight.
Proof they suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….