US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper »

Does Greenland have a panhandle? Acadians?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Counterbid:
COPENHAGEN (The Borowitz Report)—After rebuffing Donald J. Trump’s hypothetical proposal to purchase Greenland, the government of Denmark has announced that it would be interested in buying the United States instead.

“As we have stated, Greenland is not for sale,” a spokesperson for the Danish government said on Friday. “We have noted, however, that during the Trump regime pretty much everything in the United States, including its government, has most definitely been for sale.”

“Denmark would be interested in purchasing the United States in its entirety, with the exception of its government,” the spokesperson added.

A key provision of the purchase offer, the spokesperson said, would be the relocation of Donald Trump to another country “to be determined,” with Russia and North Korea cited as possible destinations.

If Denmark’s bid for the United States is accepted, the Scandinavian nation has ambitious plans for its new acquisition. “We believe that, by giving the U.S. an educational system and national health care, it could be transformed from a vast land mass into a great nation,” the spokesperson said.
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowit ... -to-buy-us
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens ... tal-acuity
Joe Biden's neurosurgeon defends former VP's brain amid concerns about mental acuity

Former Vice President Joe Biden's brain surgeon insisted that his decades-long patient was in good health, claiming he had no brain damage as a string of gaffes have prompted observers to question his mental acuity.

“He is every bit as sharp as he was 31 years ago. I haven’t seen any change,” Dr. Neal Kassell said, according to Politico on Tuesday. Kassell previously treated Biden for brain aneurysms and has monitored him for brain damage since his surgeries.
:hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens ... tal-acuity
Joe Biden's neurosurgeon defends former VP's brain amid concerns about mental acuity

Former Vice President Joe Biden's brain surgeon insisted that his decades-long patient was in good health, claiming he had no brain damage as a string of gaffes have prompted observers to question his mental acuity.

“He is every bit as sharp as he was 31 years ago. I haven’t seen any change,” Dr. Neal Kassell said, according to Politico on Tuesday. Kassell previously treated Biden for brain aneurysms and has monitored him for brain damage since his surgeries.
:hmmm:
:shock: He has been treating him for quite some time!

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Same, same, but different:
[according to Politiken] Kim Kielsen, head of the Government of Greenland, is “reported” to have offered to purchase the United States.

The paper includes the following “quote” from Kielsen: “Leif the Lucky discovered America, and his father Eric the Red discovered Greenland and settled there. Therefore, it is only natural for us to get the United States back.”

According to Politiken, Kielsen states he hasn’t decided how much money to spend on the US. The amount, though, will be fairly low, given the immense US national debt. “And if Trump is included, the price will be even lower,” the “quote” continues.
https://icelandmonitor.mbl.is/news/news ... g_the_usa/
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Apparently the big baby got his feelings hurt when he couldn’t have his way with Greenland and now at the last minute cancelled his planned visit to Denmark in early September. Because they refuse to cede part of their territory to him on a whim? Sheesh! :eh:

Pathetic.

One of their closest and most loyal allies, who even participated in the ill conceived Iraq war.
And for what? To be bullied and humiliated by a buffoon?

But who even raises an eye brow anymore? :|
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 pm Apparently the big baby got his feelings hurt when he couldn’t have his way with Greenland and now at the last minute cancelled his planned visit to Denmark in early September. Because they refuse to cede part of their territory to him on a whim? Sheesh! :eh:

Pathetic.

One of their closest and most loyal allies, who even participated in the ill conceived Iraq war.
And for what? To be bullied and humiliated by a buffoon.

All part of the negotiation process...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:20 pm
Per wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:18 pm Apparently the big baby got his feelings hurt when he couldn’t have his way with Greenland and now at the last minute cancelled his planned visit to Denmark in early September. Because they refuse to cede part of their territory to him on a whim? Sheesh! :eh:

Pathetic.

And for what? To be bullied and humiliated by a buffoon.

All part of the negotiation process...
What negotiation? :|

Just heard him on the news:
”You can”t treat the USA the way you did under President Obama. You can’t do that anymore.”

I guess he meant ”with respect”.
No, you can’t do that anymore. :|
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm What negotiation? :| '
I'm just fucking with you Per...
Per wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:01 pm Just heard him on the news:
”You can”t treat the USA the way you did under President Obama. You can’t do that anymore.”

I guess he meant ”with respect”.
No, you can’t do that anymore. :|

TRUMP: "I looked forward to going to going [to Denmark], but I thought the prime minister's statement that [buying Greenland] was an 'absurd idea' was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement ... we can't treat the USA the way they treated us under President Obama."

Donny is rightfully pissed that Denmark's PM and her spokesman went running to the press making derogatory comments.

So: Trip to Denmark cancelled bitches! :mrgreen:

The PM should have just rang Lord Trump up on the telly and said "Were you serious bout dat dere Donny?"

This is another case of you lefties making a mountain out of a molehill cuz "Orange man bad!" :roll:

Trump was only half-serious here, but two other US Presidents have made serious offers for Greenland in the past.

A deal was almost finalized in the 40s for $100M I believe (I'd have to look that up).

But hey, if Greenland keeps flirting with China like this

... Donny might end up getting the place for the price of a few missiles! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:15 pm

TRUMP: "I looked forward to going to going [to Denmark], but I thought the prime minister's statement that [buying Greenland] was an 'absurd idea' was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement ... we can't treat the USA the way they treated us under President Obama."

Donny is rightfully pissed that Denmark's PM and her spokesman went running to the press making derogatory comments.
Saying that the offer to buy Greenland was absurd was not derogatory. It was an absurd idea.
Why would Denmark be interested of selling off most of its territory? Especially now that the race to the Arctic has become of such interest.

Calling the head of government of a close ally nasty is derogatory. And nasty.
This is another case of you lefties making a mountain out of a molehill cuz "Orange man bad!" :roll:
Actually, it’s a case of Baby Trump making a mountain out of a molehill and throwing a tantrum.

He made an absurd offer. The Danish PM was taken aback but politely explained Denmark had no interest in such a deal.
At first Trump seemed to accept this, but realizing the whole world was laughing at him, he suddenly grew sullen and decided to cancel a trip that had been planned for over a year. Like a child refusing to play if he can’t make up the rules.

And this from a man who does not understand why the G7 holds a grudge against Putin for invading a neighbouring country and stealing part of their territory..... :roll:
Trump was only half-serious here, but two other US Presidents have made serious offers for Greenland in the past.

A deal was almost finalized in the 40s for $100M I believe (I'd have to look that up).
Offers were made, but Denmark was never interested. They let the US have a military base there, but they have never entertained the idea of selling.

And the 19th century, when the first offer was made, was a different era. The USA bought Alaska and Louisiana back then, and actually the US Virgin Islands from Denmark.

Then again, I shouldn’t be surprised; a lot of Trump’s values and ideas (on marriage, fidelity, gender roles, race relations, trade policy) would be a better fit for the 19th century then our modern times.

... Donny might end up getting the place for the price of a few missiles! :wink:
I have no problems envisioning Trump violating international law or using nukes on a loyal ally. The man seems to have neither morals nor scruples. But hopefully the rest of his government will make sure to prevent this from happening. Possibly envoking the 25th amendment. :drink:
Last edited by Per on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Nah, they wouldn't be nukes Per...

Nice fantasy narrative by the way, here again is the true story:
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:15 pm TRUMP: "I looked forward to going to going [to Denmark], but I thought the prime minister's statement that [buying Greenland] was an 'absurd idea' was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement ... we can't treat the USA the way they treated us under President Obama."

The PM should have just rang Lord Trump up on the telly and said "Were you serious bout dat dere Donny?"

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-w ... ive-2019-8
Denmark has sold territory to the US before — the US Virgin Islands in 1917 (formerly known as the Danish West Indies). And Trump would also not be the first president to attempt to acquire Greenland.

Former President Harry Truman in 1946 offered Denmark $100 million in gold, which adjusted for inflation is equivalent to roughly $1.3 billion in the present day. His offer was ultimately refused, though the US ended up making a deal with the Danish government to build a military base on Greenland in the early 1950s...

In 1803, the US purchased the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million, which adjusted for inflation is roughly $340 million in today's world...

In 1867, Russia sold Alaska to the US for $7.2 million, or approximately $125 million, in today's money...

It's extremely hard to say how much Greenland would cost. An analysis from The Washington Post, for example, put the price tag somewhere between $200 million and $1.7 trillion.
:shock:

Alrighty then... how much is Iceland? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:33 pm https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-w ... ive-2019-8
Denmark has sold territory to the US before — the US Virgin Islands in 1917 (formerly known as the Danish West Indies). And Trump would also not be the first president to attempt to acquire Greenland.

Former President Harry Truman in 1946 offered Denmark $100 million in gold, which adjusted for inflation is equivalent to roughly $1.3 billion in the present day. His offer was ultimately refused, though the US ended up making a deal with the Danish government to build a military base on Greenland in the early 1950s...

In 1803, the US purchased the Louisiana Territory from France for $15 million, which adjusted for inflation is roughly $340 million in today's world...

In 1867, Russia sold Alaska to the US for $7.2 million, or approximately $125 million, in today's money...

It's extremely hard to say how much Greenland would cost. An analysis from The Washington Post, for example, put the price tag somewhere between $200 million and $1.7 trillion.
:shock:

Alrighty then... how much is Iceland? :mrgreen:
A better idea might be to sell Florida before it’s reclaimed by the sea. :|
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:56 pm .
Nah, they wouldn't be nukes Per...

Nice fantasy narrative by the way, here again is the true story:
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:15 pm TRUMP: "I looked forward to going to going [to Denmark], but I thought the prime minister's statement that [buying Greenland] was an 'absurd idea' was nasty. I thought it was an inappropriate statement ... we can't treat the USA the way they treated us under President Obama."

You already posted this.

Running out of ideas? :hmmm:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:51 pm You already posted this.
Sometimes the truth needs to be posted twice around here...
____
Try to focus on someday.