US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16

Post by Topper »

Peaceniks wanna fight.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:24 pm Peaceniks wanna fight.
Proof they suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome...
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:27 pm Here’s why

https://www-washingtonexaminer-com.cdn. ... se-keeping

WTF are his minions going to give him credit for the sun rising in the east and setting in the west too?

That list is so full of shit my phone is attracting those big blue bottle flies and it’s starting to stink in here.

Rats, I get why one would want a populist change up from the status quo.

But this guy just ain’t it.

He’s a complete fraud, a New York City carpetbagger who’s the perfect corporate cover for the continued grand theft of the middle class.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:00 am
rats19 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:27 pm Here’s why

https://www-washingtonexaminer-com.cdn. ... se-keeping

WTF are his minions going to give him credit for the sun rising in the east and setting in the west too?

That list is so full of shit my phone is attracting those big blue bottle flies and it’s starting to stick in here.
Yeah, the list is extremely partisan, and it is weird some of the things they consider achievements.
Hosting a conference?
Being picked to host some future Olympics? Yeah, I'm sure that was all about Trump! :roll:
"Home-ownership among Hispanics is at the highest rate in nearly a decade."
Right, so you are basically saying it has recovered and is back to what it was before the financial crash at the end of Dubya's reign? And you credit Trump for this "accomplishment"? Hilarious! :lol:

A lot of it is about rolling back legislation. If it's an achievement to lower the standards for water quality, air pollution, etc, well, I'm not convinced. Seems pretty backward. People will get sick and die. But OK.

Most of the economic stuff started under Obama and has just kept on going in the right direction, but sure, the election of Trump was popular among many corporate people, and may well have helped boost investment.
But many things Trump has done (tariffs, etc) are damaging for the economy, long term, and some of it is coming home to roost now.
The Dow Jones and S&P indexes are lower today than they were on January first of this year. All the growth they praise so much in this fairly old account, has been eliminated - and then some. December is looking like the worst month for the stock exchange since 1931. And it could fall even further.

Also, removing subsidies for fiture technology, like solar, wind, etc, while instead subsidizing industries that are at the end of their life cycle, like coal and oil, seems very misguided. Yeah, coal exports are up. Why? Because everyone else is closing their coal mines. The industry is dying. It can't compete. Most European countries are moving away from fossil fuels. As is China. It's not happening overnight, but the direction is clear. Twenty years from now, coal will be gone. Investing in that industry is like flushing your money down the toilet. And to make matters worse, it also means the US risks falling behind in the technologies that matter.

Also,some of the claims there are just false. The biggest tax cut in history? Fake news. Trump says so, but independent number crunches say, yeah, it's big, probably the eighth biggest in US history. The biggest corporate tax cut, but overall, 8th place. Or fourth, depending on how you adjust for inflation. :|
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-43790895
But sure, if you think the taxes needed to be rolled back, that is worth mentioning.
Just try to not lie about how big it was. It was big, but not the biggest. That's just typical Trump hyperbole.

It seems to be full of holes like that. I don't have time to fact check every single item, but the few I have confirm that it's a propaganda piece rather than an honest evaluation. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I'm hardly a peacenik. I've served my country as a 2nd lieutenant in the royal Swedish artillery.

I'm not a big proponent of wars, but when you do pick a fight, you can't just pull out without any concern for your allies.

The US troops have alongside other Western countries been cooperating with the Kurdish militia in the fight against ISIS.
As the US now pulls out, Erdogan is planning to send Turkish troops across the border to crush the Kurds.
The French stand firm with their Kurdish comrades in arms, but Turkey is warning them that they will become targets if they do not leave. Macron is not happy with the US behaviour, and imagine how the Kurds feel...

Trump has betrayed them and sold them out to their Turkish foes.
Way to make sure the respect for the US and for them fulflling their commitments keeps falling.

I can understand the frustration of Mad Dog and other military staff who still believe in concepts such as honour, loyalty and integrity. Must feel awful for them to turn their back on their comrades in arms just because Bone Spurs Donnie had a chat with Erdogan about the sale of Patriot Missiles to Turkey, and then agreed to screw the Kurds.

Hey! Just for fun; imagine that Turkey actually does invade the Kurd controlled area of Syria, and in doing so massacres the same Kurdish troops that helped the US fight ISIS on the ground, while the US turns a blind eye. Would you blame the survivors for wanting to some how get back at those who betrayed them? And if they do, would that also count as a Trump accomplishment?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Kurds in the way?

I'm sure the French can look after that better than the US.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 pm
I'm hardly a peacenik. I've served my country as a 2nd lieutenant in the royal Swedish artillery.
So you served one year as a teenager due to forced conscription?

I'll bet you have never pointed a loaded weapon at another human being! :lol:

Jeux sans frontieres.

But anyway, that was decades ago and you usually seem like a peacenik these days.

(except of course when it conflicts with the Prime Directive: Criticize every move Trump makes) :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:10 pm
Per wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:33 pm
So you served one year as a teenager due to forced conscription?

I'll bet you have never pointed a loaded weapon at another human being! :lol:

Jeux sans frontieres.

But anyway, that was decades ago and you usually seem like a peacenik these days.

(except of course when it conflicts with the Prime Directive: Criticize every move Trump makes) :wink:
What army did you serve in beside the Clark drive jack booted
Kind ;)

Funny how you twist the term peacenik btw.

I would love to see all the outside actors out of Syria and let Syrians solve Syria but hey the Russians aren’t into that are they?

Wait... russians and trump again... why does this keep coming up?

What’s that I hear about the Mexican wall and a Russian owned steel company?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:10 pm So you served one year as a teenager due to forced conscription?
Basically, yes. Plus three more months at a military academy to become an officer.
And I was actually 20. 21 when I left the service. Most people only served six or nine months.

But you could request to serve without weapons. Then you might be assigned to sort of janitorial duties or cooking, etc. A lot of people did that, mainly for religious reasons, like my brother in law, but some also for political reasons.
The real peaceniks refused to serve at all, and instead spent three to six months in prison.
I'll bet you have never pointed a loaded weapon at another human being! :lol
Hmmm... no, probably not. We were told not to. But we did have loaded guns when on guard.
Never happened anything on my watch that required me to point it at anyone.

When we practiced for guard duty we were told to first say "stop!" and then "stop, or I will shoot!". Then the first shot should be at the legs, but the next toward centre of body.

At my test, my first shot went right through the knee of the cardboard attacker, the second right through the balls.
People said they were certain no one would ever want to attack me while on guard... :lol:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You sound almost, what's the word? um; Oh ya, giddy. ;)
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Per is the Man Called Ove :lol:

No driving on the path!!!!

Fantastic movie if you want to see it Mick.. Its on netflix
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:02 am Per is the Man Called Ove :lol:

No driving on the path!!!!

Fantastic movie if you want to see it Mick.. Its on netflix
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Or you could wait for the remake starring Tom Hanks.

That Saab/Volvo thing was actually a thing.
My father never owned a car that wasn't a saab.
We had a neighbour who only had volvos.

I've been all over the place; saab, volvo, toyota, toyota, volvo, volvo, mitsubishi.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cant for the life of me figure out why Hollywood keeps butchering the excellent swedish movies with crappy redos.
The dragon tattoo movies were unreal. Why fuck with it?
Let the right one in...same

Per have you seen the sequel to the 100 yr old man climbing out the window? Fuck i laughed so hard. When the guy barfs was the best :lol:
If you need air...call it in