MLB playoffs

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: MLB playoffs

Post by Carl Yagro »

How about that Blue Jays starting rotation? Don't recall that kind of quality since... forever.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not to mention Vlads kid.

The AL East will be interesting.

Sox getting Sale back.

4 quality teams.
DeLevering since 1999.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jays get the pitching and who knows how far they can go. Vlad Jr. is really fun to watch. Team can throw up runs fast. Maybe it was actually a benefit playing away from Toronto for so long. Back now. Seems OK. Dumb artificial turf though.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm How about that Blue Jays starting rotation? Don't recall that kind of quality since... forever.
It’s solid for sure with Verios now. That lineup rakes. The AL East is a pitbull den. Four rock solid teams and a maximum of 3 make it only if Oakland falters. The Sox are sucking the hind tit right now so who knows. It’s big boy games now.

The Jays look like they are having a ton of fun right now. George Springer coming back is huge. You can see he loves playing on that team.

Vlad is a freak. I called this two years ago to my buddy. He’s Mike Trout with the stick. He can’t field like MT but he can absolutely rake.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:15 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm How about that Blue Jays starting rotation? Don't recall that kind of quality since... forever.
It’s solid for sure with Verios now. That lineup rakes. The AL East is a pitbull den. Four rock solid teams and a maximum of 3 make it only if Oakland falters. The Sox are sucking the hind tit right now so who knows. It’s big boy games now.

The Jays look like they are having a ton of fun right now. George Springer coming back is huge. You can see he loves playing on that team.

Vlad is a freak. I called this two years ago to my buddy. He’s Mike Trout with the stick. He can’t field like MT but he can absolutely rake.
Whomever got to him to shed the weight deserves a bonus cheque.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:19 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:15 pm

Whomever got to him to shed the weight deserves a bonus cheque.
McKinnon called him :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Lol
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Rats is the guy in the bar fight you don't see coming but b 4 u know it he nails you with a fucking kidney punch and puts you on the floor.

Looks down at you once and saunters away.
DeLevering since 1999.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Agree, Donny. Vlad Jr. has to keep his weight down, then the sky is the limit for him.

He's like Tkachuk Sr. or Big Buff... gotta keep these guys' diets in check or they blow up like Dig Dug.

Yup Vin, kid is a totally freak like his dad. The gene's definitely got passed down. To be fair, Jr's D on 1st base has gotten to major league level in a very short time. I wouldn't be surprised if he won a gold glove one day. Gawd knows that wimpy-arm kid named Bo at shortstop can barely two-hop a throw over there.
rats19 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 pm McKinnon called him :wink:
NM: Vladdy, chickpea pasta.

VG Jr: Who da fuk is this?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol at ratski

He has the best plate coverage I see in today’s game. Getting 40 pounds off worked wonders. His dad used to swing at anything and was a stud I his own right but the kid has a better eye. It’s weird to find a comparison, maybe a prime Manny Ramirez?

I still think Mike Trout is the best player I’ve ever seen. The old timers would compare him to Mays or Mantle I guess. Before my time. A young Eric Davis was a neat player but he always got hurt. Larry Walker had all the gifts but was also constantly nicked up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:27 pm Agree, Donny. Vlad Jr. has to keep his weight down, then the sky is the limit for him.

He's like Tkachuk Sr. or Big Buff... gotta keep these guys' diets in check or they blow up like Dig Dug.

Yup Vin, kid is a totally freak like his dad. The gene's definitely got passed down. To be fair, Jr's D on 1st base has gotten to major league level in a very short time. I wouldn't be surprised if he won a gold glove one day. Gawd knows that wimpy-arm kid named Bo at shortstop can barely two-hop a throw over there.
rats19 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:21 pm McKinnon called him :wink:
NM: Vladdy, chickpea pasta.

VG Jr: Who da fuk is this?
I agree with most of this. Bo Bichette is an excellent young player but move his ass to 2nd already. Problem is they just traded the future SS.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I agree on Trout Blob.

Wish Griffey had not been so injury prone.

Sweet swing and great CF D.

Would love to have seen his stats with a full on healthy career.

I once saw Vlad Sr. hit a HR on a bounced pitch.

Unreal.
DeLevering since 1999.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

donlever wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:34 pm I agree on Trout Blob.

Wish Griffey had not been so injury prone.

Sweet swing and great CF D.

Would love to have seen his stats with a full on healthy career.

I once saw Vlad Sr. hit a HR on a bounced pitch.

Unreal.
Big Vlad, Griffey, Larry Walker, Jeter, Maddux, Smoltz, Biggio, Glavine, Jim Thome, Big Unit…. I have a tough time finding any other HOFer’s during that era that weren’t roid heads. I might have missed a couple. The fact that guys like Piazza, Rodriguez, Bagwell etc are in while Clemens and Bonds are not is a farce. They’ll let David Ortiz in because he was a good guy. All or none imho. The owners should be ashamed they let it happen.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ken Griffey Jr is without a doubt the best player I ever saw live. He even got a kick out of me and my buds terrorizing Jay Buhner in RF back in the day when Safeco first opened. :lol:

‘Shake it off Bone, shake it off’ :lol:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Pudge

Chipper Jones

But yeah...your point is well made.

Yeah that early millennium Mariner club was a fun team to watch.

And I agree on Grifffey.

Smooth as silk.

Enjoyed watching Ichiro play as well.
DeLevering since 1999.