MLS

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

MLS

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: MLS

Post by rats19 »

Had a cat at our new rental..climb in our utility trailer...crawl inside the lawnmower...had babies....yah cute as hell.. :eh:

And ban me.....lofl
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

My hand hurts
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Zlatan keeps building his brand. Now in Los Angeles.

Might make it interesting to go to a Whitecaps game, eh?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Per wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:07 am Zlatan keeps building his brand. Now in Los Angeles.

What's the buzz in Sweden on whether they'll let Zlatan back on the World Cup roster? I don't follow the team at all but I'm guessing there still isn't anyone else on that roster possessing anywhere near his skill set. Or maybe I'm just missing out on a wave of young talented Swedes. It's a shame for Sweden that the team was so weak in Zlatan's prime years. They always seemed to be decent before that but really felt like he was carrying them on his back for the last few.

I still remember watching one of the most epic WC qualifying matches in 2013/2014 between Portugal and Sweden. If I remember correctly Zlatan scored twice and Ronaldo had the hat trick. Unfortunately the reality was one of those greats would not be in the World Cup (everyone assumed probably their last) and they came up with epic performances. I really hope to see Zlatan in the World Cup. Such an awesome player.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Per wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:07 am Zlatan keeps building his brand. Now in Los Angeles.

No international superstar coming to MLS to collect their retirement fund will ever play on the artificial turf here. They never have.

Ibra probably only "left" Man U due to his knees.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ok, I lied. Pirlo, Villa and I think Lampard played here last year.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rockalt wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:03 am What's the buzz in Sweden on whether they'll let Zlatan back on the World Cup roster? I don't follow the team at all but I'm guessing there still isn't anyone else on that roster possessing anywhere near his skill set. Or maybe I'm just missing out on a wave of young talented Swedes. It's a shame for Sweden that the team was so weak in Zlatan's prime years. They always seemed to be decent before that but really felt like he was carrying them on his back for the last few.
Well, there is a lot of buzz, alright. He is clearly our best player, but he doesn't really fit our system. As you recall, we lost that game against Portugal ans missed the 2014 World Cup, and that was with Zlatan. Without Zlatan, we have managed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup, eliminating Italy on the way. Some people point to this and claim Sweden is a better teamwithout Zlatan. I'm not sure I agree.

There is a wave of young talented Swedes, we did win the U21 European Championship in 2015, eliminating France in the qualification, England and Italy in the group play, Denmark in the semi final and then beating Portugal on penalties in the final. A handful of those players will make the Swedish World Cup roster, but sure, none of them is as good as Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Fredrik Ljungberg.

What many would want, me included, is Zlatan on the bench, as a super-sub. Sort of like his recent game for LA Galaxy -start on the bench, play the last twenty minutes against a tired defence, and score two goals. That would be perfect.

But Zlatan himself has said he is finished with the national team. Recently he has hinted that he might want to play, but the Swedish GM maintains that Zlatan has said he is not available, so he will not waste any thoughts on him.
That being said, if Zlatan does make himself available, I can't really see how the management could decide not to add him to the roster. Preferrably as a super-sub.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.