My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 10876
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: My Truck...

Post by rats19 »

Fucking fords... :lol:
Getting old is not for the young...
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Micky »

rats19 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm Fucking fords... :lol:
Ya.. :lol:

"evolution"
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11960
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm Fucking fords... :lol:
This mornings fiassco, drillers f350 has manual locking hubs, drillers thought it was a combo auto/manual hub LOL, got stuck, had my coworker tack the nightshifts f350 to pull them from the mud, ran over a chunk of expanded metal they were trying to use for traction, it flipped up and put a hole in the door. No wonder our roads are ripped to shit, they've been in 2wd. Fucking idjits

New fords are entirely aluminum cab, great fun watching them try to put a mag mount antennae on it. There is a large weight in each door so they give a reassuring thunck when the doors close.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7871
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am Recently caved and got a truck. The old F150 had 355,000 KM on it. It didn’t owe me a thing and still ran solid but I couldn’t take that beast on any more road trips. I drove a few rigs in the 15-25 K price range. Am pissed I missed out on a 2012 GMC Sierra with 120KM on it. I should have dropped a deposit on it. Drove a couple of Dodge Rams both 2013, but they handled like a chuck wagon. The new Dodges are beautiful trucks. Ditto for the new F150’s, and Chevs. So much to like among the big 3 for their new 1/2 ton pickups.

I ended up buying a 2014 Nissan Titan. It handles like a top and has a shitload of power. It also pukes through a lot of gas and has a pretty meh interior. Sharp looking truck though with 138 KM on it, it’s got lots of life. Fucking weird that I had to get a trailer hitch mounted on it though. I thought pretty much every full sized 4x4, hitches were standard procedure. For 21 K all in it’s a good truck for me at this juncture. In 4-5 years I can tap my mutual funds for 6 % and buy a new Chev.
What trim line is your Titan? S or SV?
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: My Truck...

Post by The Brown Wizard »

rats19 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:26 pm Fucking fords... :lol:
Corn does your oldie predate all the ford issues? Every other ford product Ive ever been in or owned had numerous failures....like handles and electrical shit all dying.

If I'm not mistaken that era started in the early 80s and went til....well its still going on :lol:
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9502
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: My Truck...

Post by Cornuck »

The old Ford is pretty reliable for what it is. Had trouble starting it over the weekend, but just a bad connection on the solenoid. For a truck that goes from the yard to the grass dump, it does what it should: Starts, runs, stops. :)
2019-20 - Playoff Bound
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: My Truck...

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:51 pm The old Ford is pretty reliable for what it is. Had trouble starting it over the weekend, but just a bad connection on the solenoid. For a truck that goes from the yard to the grass dump, it does what it should: Starts, runs, stops. :)
Corn rolling around like Marty Byrde...

"hauling lawn clippings"

:)
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP
Posts: 19897
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: My Truck...

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Meds wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am Recently caved and got a truck. The old F150 had 355,000 KM on it. It didn’t owe me a thing and still ran solid but I couldn’t take that beast on any more road trips. I drove a few rigs in the 15-25 K price range. Am pissed I missed out on a 2012 GMC Sierra with 120KM on it. I should have dropped a deposit on it. Drove a couple of Dodge Rams both 2013, but they handled like a chuck wagon. The new Dodges are beautiful trucks. Ditto for the new F150’s, and Chevs. So much to like among the big 3 for their new 1/2 ton pickups.

I ended up buying a 2014 Nissan Titan. It handles like a top and has a shitload of power. It also pukes through a lot of gas and has a pretty meh interior. Sharp looking truck though with 138 KM on it, it’s got lots of life. Fucking weird that I had to get a trailer hitch mounted on it though. I thought pretty much every full sized 4x4, hitches were standard procedure. For 21 K all in it’s a good truck for me at this juncture. In 4-5 years I can tap my mutual funds for 6 % and buy a new Chev.
What trim line is your Titan? S or SV?
It’s an SV Meds. It’s a thirsty pig on gas, but the truck does handle very well. Got quite a bit of power too.
“Gohmert and Bumpty sitting in a tree”
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: My Truck...

Post by The Brown Wizard »

Notice how quiet Corn went...

"Lawn clippings"

:P
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7871
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by Meds »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:15 am
Meds wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:42 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:23 am Recently caved and got a truck. The old F150 had 355,000 KM on it. It didn’t owe me a thing and still ran solid but I couldn’t take that beast on any more road trips. I drove a few rigs in the 15-25 K price range. Am pissed I missed out on a 2012 GMC Sierra with 120KM on it. I should have dropped a deposit on it. Drove a couple of Dodge Rams both 2013, but they handled like a chuck wagon. The new Dodges are beautiful trucks. Ditto for the new F150’s, and Chevs. So much to like among the big 3 for their new 1/2 ton pickups.

I ended up buying a 2014 Nissan Titan. It handles like a top and has a shitload of power. It also pukes through a lot of gas and has a pretty meh interior. Sharp looking truck though with 138 KM on it, it’s got lots of life. Fucking weird that I had to get a trailer hitch mounted on it though. I thought pretty much every full sized 4x4, hitches were standard procedure. For 21 K all in it’s a good truck for me at this juncture. In 4-5 years I can tap my mutual funds for 6 % and buy a new Chev.
What trim line is your Titan? S or SV?
It’s an SV Meds. It’s a thirsty pig on gas, but the truck does handle very well. Got quite a bit of power too.
I’m surprised the SV didn’t come with a hitch. Previous owner probably took it off.

Nissan took a beating in reviews for the Titan below the Pro4X trim from around 2010 to 2017 for not updating anything since the truck debuted in 2005. The Pro4X and SV got beat up the same way a couple years later.

Overall the truck did not stay competitive in terms of technology after around 2011. They’ve got loads of jam and are very reliable after 2008 when they’d worked out all the bugs. They took a particular beating in the fuel economy area as well in the last few years before the new model came out.

I’ve got a 2012 Pro4X. Bought it new. Only has 105k on it. All I’ve had to do is replace the shocks Just this year. I probably didn’t need to but I broke the front drivers coil and they recommend rebuilding the struts at 80k. Since rancho’s are red painted garbage I opted to just upgrade to bilsteins. Got adjustable and Moog coils which levelled the truck out. Tail pipe also just rusted off so I’m gonna do an exhaust system. Next year a cold air.

Some Titan enthusiasts I’ve talked to swear that putting a cold air and cat back on not only bumps up HP but mileage a bit too.
User avatar
The Brown Wizard
MVP
MVP
Posts: 12140
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: My Truck...

Post by The Brown Wizard »

I wonder why Nissan and Toyota lag on fuel economy compared to the americans on the trucks. Its defies logic.

I
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 7871
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: My Truck...

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:36 pm I wonder why Nissan and Toyota lag on fuel economy compared to the americans on the trucks. Its defies logic.
G
I
True.

I chalk it up To They build quality. The American trucks had to come up with something to compete. The big 3 have absolutely shit resale value. And they had garbage fuel economy for years.

Nissan and Toyota always put out a competitive truck in every way when it comes to that at the time of release. However they build them right and don’t drop redesigns as often because ether built it right and their customers know they are getting quality.

If Toyota and Nissan dropped new models every 4-5 years it would Probably be a different story.

Topper’s stories about his Taco are par for the course. Quality build.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11960
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

My taco is shit. It was built to take the family to the ski hill on the weekend not for serious off road play or off road work.

I've replaced bumpers, suspension and I'm about to put a new clutch and 4wd actuator in it at 300K kms. I have gotten crap for service from Toyota on it. Had problems with recall service being done correctly. The 4 litre 6 banger is under powered and the 6spd manual doesn't go low enough unless you switch to low range.

I'd have no problem giving Toyota a giant Fuck You when I go truck shopping again.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2184
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: My Truck...

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 am My taco is shit. It was built to take the family to the ski hill on the weekend not for serious off road play or off road work.

I've replaced bumpers, suspension and I'm about to put a new clutch and 4wd actuator in it at 300K kms. I have gotten crap for service from Toyota on it. Had problems with recall service being done correctly. The 4 litre 6 banger is under powered and the 6spd manual doesn't go low enough unless you switch to low range.

I'd have no problem giving Toyota a giant Fuck You when I go truck shopping again.
So how'd you get conned into buying a Taco as a work truck? It was never going to be that!

I've got a Taco DCLB but I take it skiing, camping, and light offroading (e.g. Mt. Cheam, Hale Creek) like you're supposed to.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11960
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: My Truck...

Post by Topper »

Hilux - Ranger - Tacoma is the timeline. I'd like to import my Hilux one day.

Not much else available in the class. Frontier, Colorado, Dakota all lagged much further behind.

Coming out of the Cariboo the other day I had to stop in 100 Mile to scrape over an inch of baked mud out of my wheels that was fucking up the balance. Today's job is to take each wheel off individually and hit the underside with the pressure washer.

Drillers are saying they had to climb under their F350's to knock mud off the linkages to the they could move in the morning. Can't wait for the daily freeze thaw cycles.

Sounds like 5 and dime needs a mini van, not a truck.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Post Reply