My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 am
SKYO wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:39 am Good point about the charging infrastructure, I'm sure they will reach rural areas soon enough.

Wasn't sure how you old school heads would take to the new frontier of EV pickups.
The problem is, many rural communities are literally at the end of the line and the capacity of the current (pun intended) grid isn't there to support charging stations. You are looking at miles of upgrade to bring that capacity in. Then how much are you spending and for how many vehicles?

It is a catch 22. Why by a EV truck if there is no capacity to charge it and why upgrade miles of infrastructure very a very limited number of vehicles.
Speaking of catch 22's on this issue, have they figured out the problem of the overall carbon footprint and availability of resources to make the batteries for these things? Sounds like the wind power scam.....it's all optics because the average person doesn't bother to consider the overall production going back to resource extraction and refining. But hey, politicians love optics.
Hell, look at a cellular phone coverage map of BC, once you are off a major highway, there is very limited reception and how many years have cell phones been in use. Many rural folks still lament the loss of radio telephone vs the cost and reliability of satellite phone.

edit: ironically BC just announced taxpayer funding for full cell coverage of Highway's 16 (Hwy of Tears).
I drive HWY 16 a fair amount, and from Prince Rupert to roughly 50km east of Prince George the cell coverage is surprisingly good with only a few dead spots. After that point it's shit outside of the McBride halo (which is surprisingly small considering that valley) and then Jasper (which is in AB so who cares :P ).

But who cares, most of us grew up in a time before cellphones, you left when you left and you arrived when you arrived. Tunes passed the time. This taxpayer funding is not a safety net thing, it's just the guise they are using to facilitate better tracking of people movements along major routes via mobile phones. #nothinglikeagoodconspiracy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Will the greens pushing the electric economy figure out how many mines are needed to build it?

Read last week, the largest copper mine in the world is La Esconida, in Chile, we need eight more La Escondidas.

I used to work for the company that owns La Escondida, they expanded the mine to 300,000 tonnes per day back in the mid 90's. Not sure what it is today but that is a fuck of a lot of rock.

Highland Valley Copper at Logan Lake BC runs a little less than 1/2 that but La Escondida is ~1% Cu, Highland Valley is ~0.2% Cu.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:52 pm Will the greens pushing the electric economy figure out how many mines are needed to build it?

Read last week, the largest copper mine in the world is La Esconida, in Chile, we need eight more La Escondidas.

I used to work for the company that owns La Escondida, they expanded the mine to 300,000 tonnes per day back in the mid 90's. Not sure what it is today but that is a fuck of a lot of rock.

Highland Valley Copper at Logan Lake BC runs a little less than 1/2 that but La Escondida is ~1% Cu, Highland Valley is ~0.2% Cu.
Theres an epic trout lake back in there called Island Lake. The Fat backs splashing the mites off keeps you up at night there
If you need air...call it in
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I ordered a new Ford Bronco about a month ago. Due to supply chain issues, I'm not sure I'm even going to get it. I may have to cancel the order and wait to order a 2022 Bronco.

Update - I found one in Winnipeg. :thumbs:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thinking of a utility trailer, looking at a PJ 77" x 12'. Idea of to be able to haul a couple of quads if need be or be able to load unload a couple of pallets with a forklift. PJ is one of the few with removable sides not just the side load ramps.

[Image]

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I literally have the exact same trailer. The sides come off to form ramps as in Topper's picture.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BCExpat wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:25 pm I literally have the exact same trailer. The sides come off to form ramps as in Topper's picture.
You need cousin strawberry to come take care of your little buddy living under that float
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BCExpat wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:25 pm Image

I literally have the exact same trailer. The sides come off to form ramps as in Topper's picture.
How do you like it?

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

For quads, it's perfect. Since it is only a single axle trailer, it limits how much you can haul.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:25 pm
You need cousin strawberry to come take care of your little buddy living under that float
I've been shooting them all the time. I have poison for them, but I can't use it, because my dogs are constantly digging in the holes after them. So, I just have to keep shooting.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BCExpat wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:10 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:44 pm
BCExpat wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:25 pm
I've been shooting them all the time. I have poison for them, but I can't use it, because my dogs are constantly digging in the holes after them. So, I just have to keep shooting.
One thing they hate is long grass. If you let it grow out they move
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not sure if any of y'all are into cars but....seems as good a place as any...affirmation that life can be fairly good in the music biz....

https://www.motor1.com/news/516428/rush ... r-auction/
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Driving back from the coast on Friday the seal at the back end of the transfer case let go and puked all the oil out just west of Princeton. Nearly $1,200 towing bill to get it home.

Toyota's a re great, they are indestructible LOL

Bullshit

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Lever-mobile.

Mine is diamond pearl white however.

DeLevering since 1999.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Almost identical to this one. With a rare 5 speed stick shift which I put a Hurst shifter on. 6.4 Hemi... Left the cats, ditched the muffs.

Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"