My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cornuck wrote:Very stylish...
It is my Taco Trooper!! :mrgreen:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cool, I'll be interested to hear more about that motor especially if you recall much about the power/economy (LOL) of the 4L Taco you used to have.

Does that have the same composite box of the previous generation? Slippery stuff that I can't imagine without a bed mat.

Better call Motor vehicle as someone has been messing with your front plate.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Topper wrote: Better call Motor vehicle as someone has been messing with your front plate.
Looks like someone sliced off the digits with a Global blade!!!

Nice looking truck Aaron!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote:Cool, I'll be interested to hear more about that motor especially if you recall much about the power/economy (LOL) of the 4L Taco you used to have.
Definitely better than the economy of the 4.0L, I'll be getting about 650km to my first tank ~14 L/100km (16.8 mpg). And from what I've read it tends to get better when you get used to the transmission and shift points and put some more mileage on. To me the power is pretty similar, but it has been a while since I drove the 2 Gen. Though my coworker has a 2015 and he noticed a difference when we went for a ride.

Same composite box which is why I insisted on the bed mat, it really should come standard!

Nothin like my mad MS Paint skillz to blockk my plate number. haha
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:Picked up the truck Saturday.

nice, Ryan Miller drives one of these too ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

SKYO wrote: nice, Ryan Miller drives one of these too ha.
Yeah, he wanna be like me!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote: nice, Ryan Miller drives one of these too ha.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Gave up on trying to buy a Toyota truck. Love them but too fucking expensive combined with shit financing, plus I need a full size truck instead of the mid size Tacoma. Come close to biting on a 4.7 litre Tundra but too much dough even for the 4.7. If I won the lotto I'd buy the 5.7 litre tundra

For work truck reasons I went with a demo model with 10K's 2015 Silverado. 4x4, crew cab, tow package for $28,000. Came with a great financing as well. Excellent deals on 2015 Silverados and Sierras right now

Wanted a Toyota real bad but no deals on toyotas and their financings
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Good choice.

After the bullshit I've dealt with from Penticton Toyota and Toyota Canada......I'm looking elsewhere when I buy again.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Good choice.

After the bullshit I've dealt with from Penticton Toyota and Toyota Canada......I'm looking elsewhere when I buy again.
Yeah I spent 6 months looking at toyota trucks, gave up. Love the truck. For my work a mid size Tacoma just wasn't cutting it. The 2015 Silverados and Sierras are well priced right now. Eagle Ridge GMC has some smoking deals. It's a nice truck.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Gave up on trying to buy a Toyota truck. Love them but too fucking expensive combined with shit financing, plus I need a full size truck instead of the mid size Tacoma. Come close to biting on a 4.7 litre Tundra but too much dough even for the 4.7. If I won the lotto I'd buy the 5.7 litre tundra

For work truck reasons I went with a demo model with 10K's 2015 Silverado. 4x4, crew cab, tow package for $28,000. Came with a great financing as well. Excellent deals on 2015 Silverados and Sierras right now

Is that the v 6 or v8 Pacific Blue? Yeah I'm looking hard at Chev right now and 30 g is right in my wheelhouse.My F 150 is falling apart. I would love to nail down a 1/2 ton truck with a crew cab and a 7 foot box. I think only Dodge makes them. I hate fucking Dodge.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I bought the V6 six foot box. The long box with extended cab is a bit too big, not condusive for being a van city builder. I'm not that builder who tows a utility trailer and dump trailer. Another builder on my street has the 3500 7 foot box with with extended crew cab, it's a bus. He was the one who pointed me towards the Silverado or Sierra

Smoking deals on the 2015's right now. Mine is silver, looks great. Picked it up last night at Carter GM at north shore auto mall. Put $10 grand down, I bought the extended warranty. The extended warranty actually saved me a ton of dough on my last truck on repairs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What do the payments look like at ten down?

Yeah I think that v6 has enough snot for me. I don't tow anything except my boat a few hundred feet here and there. How much more is leather ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What do the payments look like at ten down?

Yeah I think that v6 has enough snot for me. I don't tow anything except my boat a few hundred feet here and there. How much more is leather ?
$360 per

I didn't go there regarding leather, so I don't know the difference, my trucks get pretty dirty from my work

I'm gonna get the rack installed behind cab, great for long lumber
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Gave up on trying to buy a Toyota truck. Love them but too fucking expensive combined with shit financing, plus I need a full size truck instead of the mid size Tacoma. Come close to biting on a 4.7 litre Tundra but too much dough even for the 4.7. If I won the lotto I'd buy the 5.7 litre tundra

Hey dude you probably had lovers nuts for the jap rig because Sean Ellwood drives one.