My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: My Truck...

Post by donlever »

Right....
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:07 pm :idea:

Mercedes!

Butt seriously, do you guys hate the idea of a broker?

I like the idea of figuring out exactly what I want (and I want a lot)

... and then getting the broker to find it for me at the best price possible.

(so I can brag to the Joneses about that)

I want to DESTROY those fucking Jonses!

It's a rat race and I want the Rat Cup.
Bad form Doc.

There can only be one.

You know that. :P
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Yo Ming...

You should have gone with the Highlander spin and rocked....

"There can be only one...."
DeLevering since 1999.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

donlever wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:00 pm Yo Ming...

You should have gone with the Highlander spin and rocked....

"There can be only one...."
It's spelled Yao..... :hmmm:

:look:

:lol:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Humblest apologies and respect...
I
...Yao.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The new blank canvas, nothing a suspension and bumpers won't fix.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Has Toyota made the Hilux turbo diesel engine available in the Taco? Those are beasts
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 pm Has Toyota made the Hilux turbo diesel engine available in the Taco? Those are beasts
No, Chevy has a turbo 4cyl diesel available in their little truck but I think they are caught up in the chip shortage and won't be available in 2023. The Colorado/Canyon spec out very nicely as a small 4x4. Front and rear lockers, factory bumper will take a winch, but pricing is stupid and good luck finding one.

My '97 Hilux has a 2.8 litre 4cyl diesel, will do anything, just not quickly. I thought about importing it rather than buying another Tacoma.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Topper wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:18 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:12 pm Has Toyota made the Hilux turbo diesel engine available in the Taco? Those are beasts
No, Chevy has a turbo 4cyl diesel available in their little truck but I think they are caught up in the chip shortage and won't be available in 2023. The Colorado/Canyon spec out very nicely as a small 4x4. Front and rear lockers, factory bumper will take a winch, but pricing is stupid and good luck finding one.

My '97 Hilux has a 2.8 litre 4cyl diesel, will do anything, just not quickly. I thought about importing it rather than buying another Tacoma.
It's strange that their most popular and successful drive train in the rest of the world is mysteriously unavailable in North America.

I had 3 different turbo diesel utes for service trucks in Oz (Hilux, Holden/Isuzu and Nissan Navara). All were excellent vehicles
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:18 pm

It's strange that their most popular and successful drive train in the rest of the world is mysteriously unavailable in North America.

I had 3 different turbo diesel utes for service trucks in Oz (Hilux, Holden/Isuzu and Nissan Navara). All were excellent vehicles
Much of it comes down to how many powertrains they want to make US EPA (and California :devil: ) compatible.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm The new blank canvas, nothing a suspension and bumpers won't fix.

...yeah, nice, I'll be doing something along these lines when I ease back on the lifestyle accelerator.
DeLevering since 1999.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Topper wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:09 pm The new blank canvas, nothing a suspension and bumpers won't fix.

Nice truck Topper. :thumbs:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

How about one of these babies?

https://www.vancouvermitsubishi.com/new ... h4QAvD_BwE

If you don't live in the outback you probably won't need something quite as big as what Topper drives.

I'm really happy with my Outlander. Plenty of leg room both in front and in the back, and there is plenty of space in the trunk.
The first 40 kms per day you basically ride for free - 1 kWh will take you five kms, at the cost of what in BC these days? 10 cents?
Then after those 40 km, the petrol engine kicks in. It's still a hybrid, so braking energy will be going back to the battery and help keep the mileage down though even after you've switched to gas.

I like a big car, but this one can still be considered environment friendly and it will cut your fuel costs substantially.
Mine has basically been halved compared to the Volvo I drove before. And it has a great stereo! 8-)

In many ways it's similar to the RAV4, but it is slightly bigger, especially the cargo volume, which is 580 litres in the RAV4 but 861 litres in the Outlander. 1886 if you fold the backseat away. More than enough for a visit to your local IKEA... ;)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:40 am If you don't live in the outback you probably won't need something quite as big as what Topper drives.
Per, that's a Tacoma. It's not considered big.

Went to the dealership the other day. Lot is virtually empty. They basically sell them as soon as they get them. Used Tundras are selling for more than new.

Toyota factories have been running a single shift daily, just starting two shifts now, as compared with round-the-clock production pre-covid.

Got in a pre-order for a 2022 Tundra. Probably will get it late-spring.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Per wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:40 am How about one of these babies?

https://www.vancouvermitsubishi.com/new ... h4QAvD_BwE

If you don't live in the outback you probably won't need something quite as big as what Topper drives.

I'm really happy with my Outlander. Plenty of leg room both in front and in the back, and there is plenty of space in the trunk.
The first 40 kms per day you basically ride for free - 1 kWh will take you five kms, at the cost of what in BC these days? 10 cents?
Then after those 40 km, the petrol engine kicks in. It's still a hybrid, so braking energy will be going back to the battery and help keep the mileage down though even after you've switched to gas.

I like a big car, but this one can still be considered environment friendly and it will cut your fuel costs substantially.
Mine has basically been halved compared to the Volvo I drove before. And it has a great stereo! 8-)

In many ways it's similar to the RAV4, but it is slightly bigger, especially the cargo volume, which is 580 litres in the RAV4 but 861 litres in the Outlander. 1886 if you fold the backseat away. More than enough for a visit to your local IKEA... ;)
The in-laws have that exact vehicle (in Vanersborg) same colour.

My father in-law can't wait to come here and drive my stink pig dodge though. He thinks they're badass lol. He doesn't know about dodge and their bullshit