My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Nissan envy camper conversion. Almost like the vw westy but more efficient. 28mpg too...

If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Might be altering my choice for the next truck. The light diesels you can’t get in 2019s and a lease for the business makes sense. Plus the light diesels don’t pull all that much really, and when they do have any load the mileage sucks.

New tops on the list Is the 2019 Sierra AT4. Hearing March/April will be truck month for GM so may as well wait for the best rates and discounts. Likely be the 5.3L as I’m not going to premium gas!

Even took one for a spin, damn nice truck. Factory 2” lift gives it a nice ride height and capable for everything I want!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Pretty soon I gotta retire my old truck.

What is the best used pickup I could buy for under 20 K? Under 200 K on the odometer.

Gotta be a crew cab, 4x 4, don’t give a shit if it’s 1/2 ton or a 2 ton. Would prefer a 1/2 ton but it’s not the end of the world.

I’m not a Dodge fan but that may be best bang for the buck
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2010-ish tundra if box length isnt an issue (they always have tiny retarded box lengths unless you want the goofy extra cab)

Otherwise a chev/gmc after 2015 with the 5.3 but 20k might require hunting

Avoid ford and dodge at all cost
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’d even be fine with the Chevy with the V -6. Those base models were going for around 32 K in 2015 brand new, so I might be able to find something around 20 or 25 if I look hard enough. I just can’t afford to go new but I don’t want a hunk of shit either with 250 K on it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado, love it. Best bang for your dollar. Bought it for 30 k in 2016 with only 10k on the odometer. I’m sure you could find one for under $20k
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:54 am I have a 2015 Chevy Silverado, love it. Best bang for your dollar. Bought it for 30 k in 2016 with only 10k on the odometer. I’m sure you could find one for under $20k
You have the V-6 don’t you Chef? How are you liking that? Does it have enough snot? How much better is the fuel economy than the V8?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Let the wee ones worry about the future.
Grown-ups have better things to do.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:36 pm Or if you plan for the future...

https://insideevs.com/reviews/351063/vi ... is-pickup/
Hesus Tabernac

I am on a 25K budget. I’m not a Swedish prince that’s gifted money and I don’t give a fuck who burns the planet down. I’ll be fucking dead. India and China are doing far more damage to the climate than me in my pickup
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:56 pm
Per wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:36 pm Or if you plan for the future...

https://insideevs.com/reviews/351063/vi ... is-pickup/
Hesus Tabernac

I am on a 25K budget. I’m not a Swedish prince that’s gifted money and I don’t give a fuck who burns the planet down. I’ll be fucking dead. India and China are doing far more damage to the climate than me in my pickup
Sure, if you just look at the initial price tag...

But if you factor in fuel cost (far lower for an EV), maintenance (far cheaper for an EV) and depreciation (much lower for an EV) you may get a different picture. Guess it differs from country to country, but here in Sweden road tax is also far cheaper for an EV. I pay like USD 35 per year for each of my hybrids, compared to the 300 I paid for the old volvo. Some cars pay up to USD 1000 per year.....

Last edited by Per on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am Pretty soon I gotta retire my old truck.

What is the best used pickup I could buy for under 20 K? Under 200 K on the odometer.

Gotta be a crew cab, 4x 4, don’t give a shit if it’s 1/2 ton or a 2 ton. Would prefer a 1/2 ton but it’s not the end of the world.

So I didn’t bite and buy one last year. Still driving the 05 F150 and it’s got almost 350 K on it. It’s been a good truck but it’s time to do something here pretty soon. I’d think in the next few months 20 or 25 K will go a lot further than a year ago. I might not have to buy a Dodge. I can’t imagine dealerships are going to be doing very well this spring
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:57 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:37 am Pretty soon I gotta retire my old truck.

So I didn’t bite and buy one last year. Still driving the 05 F150 and it’s got almost 350 K on it. It’s been a good truck but it’s time to do something here pretty soon. I’d think in the next few months 20 or 25 K will go a lot further than a year ago. I might not have to buy a Dodge. I can’t imagine dealerships are going to be doing very well this spring
Bur Sam says How can anyone not believe him? I know it's old...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I do need a truck with a sliding back window. Solid back window that doesn’t open is a non starter. Looks like I’m looking at an F150, a RAM or maybe a Titan. 2012- 2016... maybe 100- 150 KM. I think the dealerships will be giving vehicles away this summer.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.