CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Xmas is coming. For those of you with kids, how about this?

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 am

Per wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm
Xmas is coming. For those of you with kids, how about this?
Oh Wow!

"evolution"

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:35 am

micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 am
Per wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm
Xmas is coming. For those of you with kids, how about this?
Oh Wow!

< inner circle - bad boys >
Mmmm... Inner Circle. :thumbs:

Yet in my opinion they were better back when they were fronted by Jacob Miller, who sadly died in a car crash in 1980. :(



Footnote: this is not Inner Circle; the xmas album was a solo project by Jacob Miller and Ray I, but released back when Miller was lead singer for the band.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: CC Random thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am

Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9411
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: CC Random thread

Post by rats19 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:03 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Ya.... no!


Open the freezer... the light comes on...


It’s still fucking freezing :mex:
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:35 am

rats19 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:03 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Ya.... no!


Open the freezer... the light comes on...


It’s still fucking freezing :mex:
0º here and drizzle. :hmmm:

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Gas, oil or electric? All wood? Don'r say tons of snuggling. I'll guess 380.00 a winter month.
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: CC Random thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am

micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Gas, oil or electric? All wood? Don'r say tons of snuggling. I'll guess 380.00 a winter month.
gas and under 150 a month in the coldest months.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
micky107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by micky107 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:53 am

The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am
micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Gas, oil or electric? All wood? Don'r say tons of snuggling. I'll guess 380.00 a winter month.
gas and under 150 a month in the coldest months.
Fuck! I pay that. Good insolation mm?
"evolution"

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8840
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: CC Random thread

Post by The Brown Wizard » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 pm

micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:53 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:22 am
micky107 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:10 am
The Brown Wizard wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 am
Woke up to -28 this AM....sunny and blue.

Still better than Vancouver's 40 days and nights of drizzle
Gas, oil or electric? All wood? Don'r say tons of snuggling. I'll guess 380.00 a winter month.
gas and under 150 a month in the coldest months.
Fuck! I pay that. Good insolation mm?
Very good. That includes my detached 40x40 garage, it has a furnace as well but i only keep that building above zero.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8239
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Cornuck » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:59 pm

Man - what I would give for good insulation! :)

We have brick walls about 2 feet thick, but single pane windows (3'x6') everywhere...
2019-20 - Playoff Bound

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 11113
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Topper » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:03 pm

Previous owner of our place built and was manager at Rockwool's nearby plant. His insulation was free. We're the last place on town to still have snow on our roof in the spring.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm

https://twitter.com/petersweden7/status ... 5178610689
PeterSweden
@PeterSweden7

Sweden.

- 211 explosions in 2017.
- 162 explosions in 2018.
- 100 explosions so far this year.

There has been a bombing every other day this year.

This is unprecedented.

Don't let the media make this the new normal. This is not normal.

Retweet to spread awareness

2:55 PM - 21 Jun 2019
Fucking Swedes...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 22179
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:50 pm

https://quillette.com/2019/06/11/its-ti ... emergency/

Image

Whoa! It's like a war-zone over there...


Image

That's just the grenades, most of the explosions come from homemade bombs, glad we're not over there...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 4793
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:30 pm
https://twitter.com/petersweden7/status ... 5178610689
PeterSweden
@PeterSweden7

Sweden.

- 211 explosions in 2017.
- 162 explosions in 2018.
- 100 explosions so far this year.

There has been a bombing every other day this year.

This is unprecedented.

Don't let the media make this the new normal. This is not normal.

Retweet to spread awareness

2:55 PM - 21 Jun 2019
Fucking Swedes...
No need to quote right wing extremists (https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Peter_Sweden), this is actually what is at the centre of public debate right now. Criminal gangs, fighting turf wars and extracting revenge from eachother have escalated the violence to a crazy level. In all fairness, very few innocent bystanders have been injured so far, but when you start blowing up the house of the person you’re after, instead of just getting the one guy, it’s bound to happen.

Also, in two recent cases, the hitmen took out the girlfriend instead of the gang member, which is a new low. Criminals used to respect a codex of not going after family members. Apparently not so any more.

One part of the problem is sloppy law texts, that have not considered grenades and explosives weapons, so sentences for being arrested with explosives on you have been more lenient than for carrying a gun.... this is already being addressed.

The next step is how to end the gang wars, that are mostly narcotics related, just the other day two fifteen year old kids were shot in Malmö. Turned out they were ”mules” for some drug dealer. Kids don’t get jail sentences, so the drug gangs recruit minors as mules.... this needs to stop. And it’s really front and centre of mainstream media these days, so why do you feel the need to quote holocaust denying anti-vaxxer islamophobes pretending to be Swedes? :hmmm:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

Post Reply