CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

cfp wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:02 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:07 pm Have you ever noticed that once the Arabs stopped calling visiting caucasians "Saheb" it all went to hell?

Educate me.
https://english.alaraby.co.uk/english/i ... l-empire
We are the greatest Mohammedan power in the world. It is our duty to study policies which are in harmony with Mohammedan feeling," Winston Churchill observed in a 1920 memo to the British Cabinet, according to Slight.

Significant cholera outbreaks propelled British authorities to oversee the mass travel of pilgrims, with the Cook company called in by the government in 1886 and given a contract, which amounted to a monopoly, to organise train and ship journeys and other logistics for Muslims in India to perform Hajj.

"It was one of the most significant unintended consequences of Britain's rule over a large part of the Islamic world," Slight wrote. "Britain ended up facilitating the pilgrimage in an ultimately futile attempt to gain legitimacy among its Muslim subjects".

An unintended consequence of Britain's management of the Hajj pilgrimage was that some Britons, including eminent Victorian explorer Richard Burton, travelled to Mecca and converted to Islam.
beneficial for both!
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:33 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 pm At least they are arresting hundreds of the psychotic domestic terrorists at the The Capitol Attack's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-ri ... 021-04-01/

https://www.usatoday.com/storytelling/c ... b-arrests/
And now there is another attack... :o
Yes, another "psychotic domestic terrorist" by Black lives matter folk!

In fact with this particular psycho, Black lives are ALL that matter.

Fucking black supremacists.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

hundreds of domestic terrorists at the Capitol Attacks..and SL's picks the one Islam to call out.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I love the "big brother is watching" events that are unfolding right before our eyes.

The neighbour and acquaintance turning in one another by calling the FBI with tips after seeing someone they knew or know on the TV.

This was a protest, a riot, it was FAR FAR LESS destructive than the BLM protests and rallies have been, yet people condone the criminal prosecution of people engaged in a comparatively peaceful demonstration that resulted in a few thousand in property damages, but think the events where people's lives were taken are legitimate demonstrations that should be excused because of historical atrocities and ongoing inequality.

Our society has lost all sense of perspective.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:00 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:41 pm
Per wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:33 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:10 pm At least they are arresting hundreds of the psychotic domestic terrorists at the The Capitol Attack's.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/capitol-ri ... 021-04-01/

https://www.usatoday.com/storytelling/c ... b-arrests/
And now there is another attack... :o
Yes, another "psychotic domestic terrorist" by Black lives matter folk!

In fact with this particular psycho, Black lives are ALL that matter.

Fucking black supremacists.
hundreds of domestic terrorists at the Capitol Attacks..and SL's picks the one Islam to call out.
Actually Per brought up this most recent attack and yours truly responded.

I commented on the Jan 6 attack... months ago.

This one is fresh.

I've also commented on the BLM attacks, which were almost exactly a million times worse.

Ummm, how come you never called out those attacks Skyo? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:00 pm I love the "big brother is watching" events that are unfolding right before our eyes.

The neighbour and acquaintance turning in one another by calling the FBI with tips after seeing someone they knew or know on the TV.

This was a protest, a riot, it was FAR FAR LESS destructive than the BLM protests and rallies have been, yet people condone the criminal prosecution of people engaged in a comparatively peaceful demonstration that resulted in a few thousand in property damages, but think the events where people's lives were taken are legitimate demonstrations that should be excused because of historical atrocities and ongoing inequality.

Our society has lost all sense of perspective.
More than 140 police officers were injured and one was killed when the violent mob stormed the capitol on Jan 6th.
And if they had not managed to evacuate the senate no one knows how bad it had gotten. Many of the rioters were expressing death threats against eg Pelosi, Schumer and Pence. It could easily have turned into a blood bath.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html

How many police officers were killed/injured in the BLM protests? :|

Anyway, no reason to speculate which was worse; in time the courts will sort it out.

And if you’re thinking of that teenager who shot three people, I’m sure they’ll throw the book at him. Breaking the curfew, possession of an illegal firearm, two cases of homicide and one of attempted homicide. I assume the crossing of state lines also makes it a federal crime?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Louie, Louie

Farakahn
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Gonzaga - UCLA final four game is being hailed as one of the great college basketball games of all time.

As the clock is running out, UCLA goes for the basket and the win however Drew Timme, stands tall, takes the charge and the game goes to OT.

Three seconds left in OT and UCLA ties the game, Corey Kispert inbounds to Jalen Suggs, three dribbles to near the 40 foot mark and nails the triple as the buzzer sounds. Gonzaga's perfect season continues. They haven't lost a game since February 2020 before play was suspended last season for covid. It was only the second time this season they have won by less than double digits.

Undefeated and heading to Monday nights Final

Kispert, 1st Team All American, has been given the Julius Erving Award for NCAA small forward of the year, Mark Few, NCAA coach of the year, Timme and Suggs made 2nd Team All American and Suggs will be a lotto pick in the draft. Timme claims the Karl Malone award for NCAA power forward of the year. Joel Ayayi was Honourable Mention All American.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Happy Resurrection Day you motherfucking fucking heathens!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm Happy Resurrection Day you motherfucking fucking heathens!
Happy zombie jesus day to you as well!
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:05 pm Happy Resurrection Day you motherfucking fucking heathens!
Happy zombie jesus day to you as well!
That was a quick response!

Damn I love you motherfucking heathens...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Wiz rolls away the stone

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:57 pm Wiz rolls away the stone
He'll ascend into the clouds again soon.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

LOL

Careful what you ask for.

Fred get a stimulus cheque?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... lly-ar-15s