CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:51 pm .
Okay Per, I see you edited to add:
Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:35 pm The man in the video keeps saying it’s justified, but if a Swedish police shot someone point blank in the back seven times, he would definitely be fired and most likely going to jail.

Apparently it’s A-OK in the US of A though... :roll:

And yeah, Blake did not die, but the officer really did use lethal force on him. He was just lucky.
Yes, police on this side of the pond are trained to "shoot to kill"... or not shoot at all.

But I suppose a Swedish cop would've just shot Blake on the leg? :roll:

These cops... after Blake attacked/wrestled with them... did taser Blake twice.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jacob-blak ... ots-fired/

For some reason the tasers had no effect on him.

Then the known violent felon grabs a knife and opens the driver-side of the vehicle he was trying to steal.

(this is why the 911 call was made)

If ever there was a guy just begging to be shot, it was Jacob Blake.

There was also the possibility Mr Domestic Violence was intending to abduct those 3 kids/use them as hostages.

He HAD to be shot at the point in time he was shot.

Cops Lives Matter. Kids Lives Matter.

Stop the bullshit Per, you're on the wrong side of history on this one and you know it.
:roll:

I’ll just close with this:

The risk of being killed by police in the USA is higher than the overall risk of being killed by anyone in Sweden.

Food for thought, eh? :hmmm:

I think the American police seems far too trigger happy.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:12 pm Anyway, shooting someone who points a gun at you, or a colleague, after giving him fair warning, is one thing.
Shooting someone seven times point blank in the back is another. Even if he were attempting to pick up a knife, which has not really even been confirmed yet. Guess we will find out at the trial.
I've already posted 2 links to Blake admitting he had a knife, how many more do you need?

Admit it, you don't give a shit about the facts, you should have been a politician Per. :scowl:

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:16 pm
Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:35 pm The man in the video keeps saying it’s justified, but if a Swedish police shot someone point blank in the back seven times, he would definitely be fired and most likely going to jail.

And yeah, Blake did not die, but the officer really did use lethal force on him. He was just lucky.
Yes, police on this side of the pond are trained to "shoot to kill"... or not shoot at all.

Then the known violent felon grabs a knife and opens the driver-side of the vehicle he was trying to steal.

There was also the possibility Mr Domestic Violence was intending to abduct those 3 kids/use them as hostages.

Stop the bullshit Per, you're on the wrong side of history on this one and you know it.

The risk of being killed by police in the USA is higher than the overall risk of being killed by anyone in Sweden.

TRANSLATION:

"I've got nothing and I know I'm on the wrong side of history on this one but I'm not man enough to admit it."

:scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Whoa, did you look at the photos? Those police officers look like they just got out of highschool! There was probably a training manual still in the backseat of their cruiser.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:24 pm
Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:16 pm

TRANSLATION:

"I've got nothing and I know I'm on the wrong side of history on this one but I'm not man enough to admit it."

:scowl:
About 1,000 civilians are killed each year by law-enforcement officers in the United States. By one estimate, Black men are 2.5 times more likely than white men to be killed by police during their lifetime1. And in another study, Black people who were fatally shot by police seemed to be twice as likely as white people to be unarmed2.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01846-z

And I think the way the opinion on blm has shifted over the past year clearly shows you are the one on the wrong side of history.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Btw, I have to correct my previous statement:

The risk of being shot by police in the USA is higher than the overall risk of being shot by anyone in Sweden.

If all homicides are included it doesn’t quite work out.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Notice how, as soon as Per realizes he was dead wrong about the Jacob Blake case due to being hammered with facts

... he tries to shift the conversation to BLM and police shootings in America vs Sweden. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next comes 3 pages of charts and graphs as he tries to bury his poop which was exposed by yours truly!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm Notice how, as soon as Per realizes he was dead wrong about the Jacob Blake case due to being hammered with facts

... he tries to shift the conversation to BLM and police shootings in America vs Sweden. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next comes 3 pages of charts and graphs as he tries to bury his poop which was exposed by yours truly!
Look, from what I have seen Blake has confessed to possession of a knife, but no other weapon, and a knife was retrieved from the car. I have not seen anything suggesting him ever wielding that knife or posing a threat to anyone.

If you look at the videos, the second he opens the door and reaches inside it - the police holding his shirt starts shooting.
There is no way he had a chance to pick up that knife, if that was even what he intended to do.

The statement that he was told to drop the knife before being shot is bullshit.
He opens the door, reaches in and Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

From what I understand, his neighbour’s suggestion he probably wanted to check on his kids is just as plausible.

But we’ll find out eventually. At this point what we cannot see on the video is just hearsay.

And Blake in himself is not important.

If he was the only black guy shot by the police, there wouldn’t be rioting in the streets.

It’s because it is a pattern.

Black men in the USA are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white men.
And those killed are twice as likely to be unarmed.

Thus an unarmed black man is roughly five times more likely to get killed by police than an unarmed white man.

That’s why there are riots. Not because James Blake got shot.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

As for the charts and graphs - that’s because I believe in facts and like to back up my statements with relevant statistical proof.

Not just making shit up, like Donald.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:55 pm Notice how, as soon as Per realizes he was dead wrong about the Jacob Blake case due to being hammered with facts

Look, from what I have seen Blake has confessed to possession of a knife, but no other weapon, and a knife was retrieved from the car. I have not seen anything suggesting him ever wielding that knife or posing a threat to anyone.

If you look at the videos, the second he opens the door and reaches inside it - the police holding his shirt starts shooting.
There is no way he had a chance to pick up that knife, if that was even what he intended to do.

The statement that he was told to drop the knife before being shot is bullshit.
He opens the door, reaches in and Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

From what I understand, his neighbour’s suggestion he probably wanted to check on his kids is just as plausible.

But we’ll find out eventually. At this point what we cannot see on the video is just hearsay.
There is now a narrative evolving now that Blake had the knife on him and unsheathed it as he walked toward the car.

(cops were behind him and therefore couldn't him pull it from his waist pouch)

I think there are still shots of this (I will try to find).

This means the cop didn't see the knife in his hand until he caught up to Blake at the car door.

Recall police were called to the scene cuz Mr Domestic Violence was threatening violence

... on his estranged wife if she didn't hand over the car keys (with their kids in the car!)

BTW why haven't you thanked me for correcting you on the BS you were posting to Meg?

Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm And Blake in himself is not important.

If he was the only black guy shot by the police, there wouldn’t be rioting in the streets.

Black men in the USA are 2.5 times more likely to be killed by police than white men.

Thus an unarmed black man is roughly five times more likely to get killed by police than an unarmed white man.

See folks, here he goes again, trying to change the subject.

GO TO BED PER, IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Per I have to ask you, if a police officer tells you to stop and you don’t. What should they do?

If someone is reaching into a car or even going to their car and still not listening to the police what are they supposed to do?

If they tried to taser a person and it doesn’t stop them and they continue to walk away or reach into their car what are they supposed to do?

Hell not just Per but anyone else, what are they supposed to do? Just shoot once? Shoot in the leg? Shoot in the air? Let the criminal walk away?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm
Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm And Blake in himself is not important.

See folks, here he goes again, trying to change the subject.

GO TO BED PER, IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT
Not trying to change the subject.

The reason we’re talking about this is mainly because games got postponed.

You think that was about Blake? Think again!

It’s about the pattern.

And yes, I’ve already walked the dog, brushed my teeth and changed into my pajamas.
I’m off to bed.

Good night, good sir. Cya in the morning.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm There is now a narrative evolving now that Blake had the knife on him and unsheathed it as he walked toward the car.

This means the cop didn't see the knife in his hand until he caught up to Blake at the car door.

Whatever, Blake ADMITTED to having a knife, and from all reports the cops were yelling "Drop the knife! DROP THE KNIFE!!"

... just before he was shot.

Bad things happen to bad people, how long have you been on this planet? :roll:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:41 pm Not trying to change the subject.

The reason we’re talking about this is mainly because games got postponed.

You think that was about Blake? Think again!

It’s about the pattern.
Nice try but we were talking about this well before there was a suggestion NHL games would be cancelled.

Wednesday night in fact: http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 85#p394085

You've been trying to change the subject ever since I proved how wrong your narrative was in your post to Meg.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:32 pm There is now a narrative evolving now that Blake had the knife on him and unsheathed it as he walked toward the car.

Whatever, Blake ADMITTED to having a knife, and from all reports the cops were yelling "Drop the knife! DROP THE KNIFE!!"

... just before he was shot.

Bad things happen to bad people, how long have you been on this planet? :roll:
Is this for real? I've purposely avoided this latest circus due to not giving a fuck but if he has a god damn knife and is ignoring cops with guns drawn then this is a Darwin related incident rather than a race slaying.
If you need air...call it in