CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: Doc, I love your huckster routine as much as the next guy, but yeah.. not really anything else to say to this stuff. I'm glad that it brings you amusement, I suppose.
Well do you love it... or not... Dave? :sly:

*spits a wad of chewing tobacco on the forum floor by Dave's feet*
dbr wrote: I don't really agree but I can appreciate the temptation of that viewpoint - it allows you to discredit absolutely anyone whose views don't agree with yours without having to expend any intellectual effort.
So you're tempted to do the same Dave?
dbr wrote: Well I hope that's the only reason you're using David fucking Frum (who was ridiculed for wrongly accusing the NYT of photoshopping images last year, then backed up his claim with a blog that you can't even use as a source on Wikipedia!) to support your claims :lol:
OMG he just fell for the temptation! :lol:

And just like that: You are a huckster my young huckleberry!

WOW that was quick...

Didn't like Frum's facts, couldn't dispute what Frum said about Harper, so tried to discredit Frum. Image

LET THE RECORD SHOW: My man Frum kicked Dave/IN's man Marche's butt in this here debate!!

:mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: LET THE RECORD SHOW: My man Frum kicked Dave/IN's man Marche's butt in this here debate!!
Let the record show your man Frum is a bought and paid for Harper mouthpiece.
David Frum wrote:I also happen to have a close view of some of the controversies in question because my sister is a member of the Canadian Senate, appointed by Prime Minister Harper. I’ve donated money to Canada’s Conservative Party, and from time to time I have volunteered advice to members of the Harper government about politics, policy, and communications.

Although I do get a kick out him arguing it's Harper's personable relationship with the press that is behind his vetting of media queries.
This refers to Harper’s practice of calling upon journalists by name rather than responding to whoever shoves an audio recorder closest to the prime ministerial nose.
That's priceless.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: LET THE RECORD SHOW: My man Frum kicked Dave/IN's man Marche's butt in this here debate!!
Let the record show your man Frum is a bought and paid for Harper mouthpiece.
Wrong, the record (your quote above) shows Frum donated money and time to the Harper government cause.

You've got it ass-backwards Nucklehead!

More importantly, you're trying hard to ignore the fact that Frum handed Marche his ass.
Island Nucklehead wrote: Although I do get a kick out him arguing it's Harper's personable relationship with the press that is behind his vetting of media queries.
This refers to Harper’s practice of calling upon journalists by name rather than responding to whoever shoves an audio recorder closest to the prime ministerial nose.
That's priceless.
Ummm... he's saying that Harper holds the vetting process in high regard... as he should.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Wrong, the record (your quote above) shows Frum donated money and time to the Harper government cause.
And has Harper to thank for his sister having a $138,000+/year job. :thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Wrong, the record (your quote above) shows Frum donated money and time to the Harper government cause.
And has Harper to thank for his sister having a $138,000+/year job. :thumbs:
Yeah, so his sister may be "bought and paid for". :roll:

You are doing what my good young friend David absolutely abhors:

Trying to discredit the author because you can't discredit his claims.

My man Frum wins, you're man Marche loses.

Debate closed. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Ah yes, the classic cowardly Conservative tactic of invoking closure.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Ah yes, classic nonCon whining. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:
dbr wrote: Doc, I love your huckster routine as much as the next guy, but yeah.. not really anything else to say to this stuff. I'm glad that it brings you amusement, I suppose.
Well do you love it... or not... Dave? :sly:

*spits a wad of chewing tobacco on the forum floor by Dave's feet*
dbr wrote: I don't really agree but I can appreciate the temptation of that viewpoint - it allows you to discredit absolutely anyone whose views don't agree with yours without having to expend any intellectual effort.
So you're tempted to do the same Dave?
dbr wrote: Well I hope that's the only reason you're using David fucking Frum (who was ridiculed for wrongly accusing the NYT of photoshopping images last year, then backed up his claim with a blog that you can't even use as a source on Wikipedia!) to support your claims :lol:
OMG he just fell for the temptation! :lol:

And just like that: You are a huckster my young huckleberry!

WOW that was quick...

Didn't like Frum's facts, couldn't dispute what Frum said about Harper, so tried to discredit Frum. Image

LET THE RECORD SHOW: My man Frum kicked Dave/IN's man Marche's butt in this here debate!!

:mex:
Nice try Doc. Have a lovely weekend.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Ah yes, classic nonCon whining. :mex:
nonCon whining - the debates not over until I win or am reduced to tears making you look like big mean bully.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Ah yes, classic nonCon whining. :mex:
nonCon whining - the debates not over until I win or am reduced to tears making you look like big mean bully.

THE conservative challenge

form an opinion that doesn't include

non sequitors
ad hominums
red herrings

or my personal favourite, baseless name calling

...yeah tongue tied without your bullshit...

oh wait, Donald Trump is about to speak..
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All ya'll lose while #DeezNuts stay winning.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Smoked in from the fires in Washington State, Yesterday we had the second worst air quality of any where in North America, only Omak, in the midst of the fires was worse.

Today isn't any better. We're 3x the level of Beijing.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:Smoked in from the fires in Washington State, Yesterday we had the second worst air quality of any where in North America, only Omak, in the midst of the fires was worse.

Today isn't any better. We're 3x the level of Beijing.
:shock:

Hopefully you don't end up like Dave Dave ^^

I haven't heard much, are things expected to get better anytime soon?
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Speaking of China...'Hundreds of billions wiped off world stock markets in worst plunge since 2008'
http://www.independent.ie/business/worl ... 72854.html
"WORLD stock markets plunged on Monday after a near-9 percent dive in China shares, but commodities and the dollar pared losses and U.S. stocks staged a striking comeback in a volatile session after European markets closed.

After dropping more than 1,000 points, or almost 7 percent, at Wall Street's open, the Dow Jones industrial average eased losses and was off less than 2 percent in afternoon trading. The benchmark Standard & Poor's 500 index was down 2 percent after earlier approaching correction territory, or 10 percent off its record high......

"Oil prices also recovered somewhat after plunging to six-and-a-half year lows. Safe-haven U.S. government and German bonds, as well as the yen and the euro , rallied as currency concerns kicked in due to China's recent currency devaluation
U.S. crude was last down 3.7 percent at about $38.95 a barrel after falling as low as $37.75 earlier in the day and Brent was off 4.2 percent at $43.57 after falling as low as $42.51 to take it under January's lows for the first time. Worries about weaker demand from normally resource-hungry China added to global supply glut concerns."
----
"China stock market crisis: Who's to blame?
http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/asia/201 ... 59794.html

When stock markets tumble they make headlines. #BlackMonday is trending on Twitter.

This crisis has been long in the making. To overcome the North Atlantic Financial Crisis - you may refer to it as the Great Recession of 2008 - governments and central banks began to flood the market with money.

Quantative Easing it would appear was the sticking plaster that masked many sins. Global stock markets soared. The real economy barely showed signs of life.

Beijing, reluctant to see decades of hard economic growth succumb to the greed of Wall Street, spent almost $600bn propping up its economy. That delayed the inevitable. Not just for China but for many commodity and oil exporting nations."
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.